Extend Mike McCarthy?

incognito_man

Just now, Mr Anonymous said:

There are two very vocal blowhards here who are saying Rodgers is the problem and McCarthy should stick around, and it's not shtick? And people aren't laughing them off the board? This place is even dumber than I thought.

Yeah, this place is dumb as ****.  You should definitely find a better place to talk. 

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

Until you know which plays Rodgers changes/doesn't change, you can't tell me McCarthy isn't calling enough running plays. 

2008 - 14th in rushing attempts.
2009 - 15th in rushing attempts.
2010 - 20th in rushing attempts.
2011 - 26th in rushing attempts.
2012 - 16th in rushing attempts.
2013 - 12th in rushing attempts.
2014 - 14th in rushing attempts.
2015 - 12th in rushing attempts.
2016 - 29th in rushing attempts.
2017 - 27th in rushing attempts.
2018 - 29th in rushing attempts. 

2017:

Jamaal Williams when Rodgers played - 20 rushing attempts (3.3 attempts per game).
Jamaal Williams when Rodgers didn't play - 133 rushing attempts (13.3 attempts per game).

Aaron Jones when Rodgers played - 35 rushing attempts (7 attempts per game).
Aarone jones when Rodgers didn't play - 46 rushing attempts (6.6 attempts per game)

Ty Montgomery when Rodgers played - 46 rushing attempts (11.5 attempts per game)
Ty Montgomery when Rodgers didn't play - 25 rushing attempts (6.25 attempts per game)

So that's 21.8 rushing attempts per game when Rodgers played.
26.15 attempts when Rodgers didn't play. 

I disagree with the until we know what is being called. It's pretty obvious if the Oline is pass protecting vs run blocking. there could be a few here and there. Facts show a very real decline in rush attempts after being league average. If that is AR changing all the run plays to pass plays again that's on MM not ownership for resigning him. If this was a known thing then likely mgt knew this and signed him anyway which doesn't fit what you want. MM won't run the ball, won't have any balance and chooses to abandon the run in the redzone it's painfully obvious man.

3 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

There are two very vocal blowhards here who are saying Rodgers is the problem and McCarthy should stick around, and it's not shtick? And people aren't laughing them off the board? This place is even dumber than I thought.

Doesn't do any good. Everyone is entitled to an opinion no matter how crazy. Hopefully MM will be gone soon enough. The national and local media have finally turned on him which will help. Should have happened years ago.

Just now, TheBitzMan said:

Are we winning the Super Bowl in the next two years with McCarthy in charge anyways? 

Possibly not, but the Devil you know is better than the Devil you don't.  We could easily hire the next McDaniels.  I'll ask this...

Who is available that is a better option than McCarthy right now? 

Just now, skibrett15 said:

almost everyone outside the fanbase pins the issues on McCarthy.  That's telling enough to me... they don't have a real bias.

That's not entirely true.  There are others who see that Rodgers is part of the blame, which is true.  They're just afraid to say it because they'll get ripped into oblivion the same way who said Favre was a problem did. 

If you put all the blame on McCarthy, you're delusional just like if you put all the blame on Rodgers you're delusional. 

4 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

At least they have the knowledge and vocabulary to debate like a civilized adult who can form complete sentences.

If you're going to come in here and insult people just stay gone.

2 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

almost everyone outside the fanbase pins the issues on McCarthy.  That's telling enough to me... they don't have a real bias.

IDK if I'd go that far, they'll lean towards the star QB. Rodgers was blameless on NFL Network today, and he didn't play that well or terrible, but it was all like without Jones fumbling he would have won that game. Which I guess is maybe true, but he wasn't analyzed much

3 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Possibly not, but the Devil you know is better than the Devil you don't.  We could easily hire the next McDaniels.  I'll ask this...

Who is available that is a better option than McCarthy right now? 

Would you have said Mac, coming off the season as the OC of the 32nd ranked offense in the NFL was better than Sherman? No.

Stop asking hypothetical questions that aren't answerable in which you'll falsely claim prove your point. No one knows how an OC/DC are going to be as a coach until they are a coach.

I know he's his cronie but when Mac dropped the calling, everyone swore it would fix everything. It didn't. Though we had other issues as well then 

He was more flexible at times with favre too, I always felt he was anyways. 

2 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Doesn't do any good. Everyone is entitled to an opinion no matter how crazy. Hopefully MM will be gone soon enough. The national and local media have finally turned on him which will help. Should have happened years ago.

I think the NATIONAL media, at least a significant portion of it, has been savaging McCarthy and the entire Packers organization since the 2014 NFC Championship game.

What is undoubtedly true is that the local media has finally turned to the point that McCarthy is being subjected to unprecedented criticism. 

Archived