Extend Mike McCarthy?

incognito_man

Just now, Norm said:

I think he has little respect for his intelligence, period. Even outside of football lol

And I'm not necessarily saying Rodgers is right, although I'd at least lean that way, but whether rightfully or wrongfully, I think he feels that way and that's going to cause dysfunction.

1 minute ago, Packerraymond said:

Then Aaron deserves every ounce of the scrutiny and criticism and is a schmuck that won't win another SB.

I don't agree at all with your statement, but if that is true, we've just committed to the end of another diva QB career.

Gotta pick who you want to go into battle with....

I'll take the diva over McCarthy without him. 

4 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

He got his elbow banged up late in the game and only threw one decent pass after that ... hope that isn't going to be another issue going forward.

Hard to say, he should have gotten rid of the ball:)

I watched last night thinking I was going to see a chess match between two future Hall of Fame QBs. Upon reflection what I really saw was a match between two head coaches. One (BB) came prepared to play three dimensional chess. The other (MM) came prepared to play checkers. From the rapid fire opening drive taking advantage of the revamped secondary and many young players to the trick plays, BB ate MM's lunch. I've always though MM was a slightly above average head coach who lucked out having two Hall of Fame QBs across his entire HC career. If MM had gotten Alex Smith or (gasp) Jay Cutler, he wouldn't have lasted 5 years as HC. That said, replacing MM is no sure thing. Not too many BBs out there. Like skating on thin ice? But in the end the old adage, "Nothing ventured; nothing gained" seems to apply here. Can Gute build a better roster for MM to work with? For sure, and it will probably get us back to a one and done in the playoffs mode. Time to move out of the comfort zone and carpe diem! 

31 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

There are two very vocal blowhards here who are saying Rodgers is the problem and McCarthy should stick around, and it's not shtick? And people aren't laughing them off the board? This place is even dumber than I thought.

Idk. I thought we're already laughed you off the board but apparently not.

2 hours ago, PACKRULE said:

You're right but staying the course only puts us another year further into this. MM's took Favre to 13-3 in year 1 or was that year 2?

I think it was year 2...Mac with Brett.

With Aaron's age...you either get further into it...and sign free agents to plug holes.  Or you sign free agents to plug holes and start over from scratch with a new coach.  

Either way you are more or less throwing away at least one year.

I think you gotta learn from the Saints situation...Payton was up and down.  Then...they had an EPIC draft.  That's the issue now, we've had a few rotten drafts in a row.  Mac needs an infusion of new talent.  I think you can win with Mac, but you gotta move on from some old vets.  If the message has gotten stale, tell it to some kids who haven't lived it yet.

But again...this is a can't win situation.  And a very difficult one.  I see both sides of it and depending on my caffeine intake...I argue both sides!

2 hours ago, Scoremore said:

Aaron is hurt that is the reason for his poor play. 

It's week 9, everybody's hurt. He was a full participant on Thursday and Friday's practices and a limited participant on Wednesday.

It's been 8 weeks since the injury. That's about the timetable for the injury and rehab of a knee sprain. 

9 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I think it was year 2...Mac with Brett.

With Aaron's age...you either get further into it...and sign free agents to plug holes.  Or you sign free agents to plug holes and start over from scratch with a new coach.  

Either way you are more or less throwing away at least one year.

I think you gotta learn from the Saints situation...Payton was up and down.  Then...they had an EPIC draft.  That's the issue now, we've had a few rotten drafts in a row.  Mac needs an infusion of new talent.  I think you can win with Mac, but you gotta move on from some old vets.  If the message has gotten stale, tell it to some kids who haven't lived it yet.

But again...this is a can't win situation.  And a very difficult one.  I see both sides of it and depending on my caffeine intake...I argue both sides!

While i'd like to agree it's tough it would be good if we could see some light at the end of the tunnel with MM. But not running the ball especially in the RZ for me just kills him and not playing but the NFL rules of pick and rub routes these days also. Just not enough to show me that he can come back up.

Archived