Extend Mike McCarthy?

incognito_man

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

Just think what MM could do with a QB that plays within his system, $30 million worth of vet additions and 7 first round picks worth of draft capital in the next 3 years.

Oh wait, that's Sean McVay's current situation.

#traderodgers

The draft pick scenario is not the Rams situation right now.

They just have a loaded team based on a rookie deal QB. Also seeing Mac with Hundley, I'm good there. 

10 minutes ago, PACKRULE said:

While i'd like to agree it's tough it would be good if we could see some light at the end of the tunnel with MM. But not running the ball especially in the RZ for me just kills him and not playing but the NFL rules of pick and rub routes these days also. Just not enough to show me that he can come back up.

I'm not often confused with a Packer Optimist....but I"ll try to sell you something....

Right tackles are easy to find...compared to left tackles.  Spriggs looked competent last night and perhaps he turned the corner.

Our three young corners are studs.

Kenny Clark is quickly becoming a MONSTER inside.

We have a potential superstar in Aaron Jones.

We have a tight end that is on pace to eclipse the best year J-Mike ever had.  In year one in the offense and with his QB.

We have a top 5-10 receiver.

We have the best looking young receiver that we've seen since Greg Jennings.  (Sorry Davante, but MVS looks to be better than your rookie year despite playing less.)

GB will have money to be a player in Free Agency.

GB has two first round picks.  And the way it's going, one of them is going to be top 15.

That's how I see it...If Gute can sign a free agent or two to fill holes, then draft us an edge rusher and offensive linemen, I think we are set up nicely.  Safeties can contribute right away as rookies, and they aren't difficult to find on the free agent market.  Burks has athletic ability to play a LB role.

I said it before the season started...this is the worst Packer team that I can remember in the last 8-10 years.  The cupboard was not left stocked for Gute.  But after his first draft, I think he's done quite well for himself and the cupboard is looking much better for next year.

39 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I'm not often confused with a Packer Optimist....but I"ll try to sell you something....

Right tackles are easy to find...compared to left tackles.  Spriggs looked competent last night and perhaps he turned the corner.

Our three young corners are studs.

Kenny Clark is quickly becoming a MONSTER inside.

We have a potential superstar in Aaron Jones.

We have a tight end that is on pace to eclipse the best year J-Mike ever had.  In year one in the offense and with his QB.

We have a top 5-10 receiver.

We have the best looking young receiver that we've seen since Greg Jennings.  (Sorry Davante, but MVS looks to be better than your rookie year despite playing less.)

GB will have money to be a player in Free Agency.

GB has two first round picks.  And the way it's going, one of them is going to be top 15.

That's how I see it...If Gute can sign a free agent or two to fill holes, then draft us an edge rusher and offensive linemen, I think we are set up nicely.  Safeties can contribute right away as rookies, and they aren't difficult to find on the free agent market.  Burks has athletic ability to play a LB role.

I said it before the season started...this is the worst Packer team that I can remember in the last 8-10 years.  The cupboard was not left stocked for Gute.  But after his first draft, I think he's done quite well for himself and the cupboard is looking much better for next year.

People's perception of J Graham is way worse than his actual numbers.  Our scramble drill is out of whack probably because Rodgers hasn't been to practice for most of the season.  Our two toughest games of the year are behind us and we competed quite well in both. Gute turned over a lot of the roster already and has the draft capital to make some more significant headway this year.  The key will be his use of free agency. 

Though it's not a popular opinion, I firmly believe we should sign A Barr (he will be more reasonably priced than people think) and then sign Earl Thomas.  Those two will solidify the defense and allow us to go BPA.

I am Gute.

34 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

The draft pick scenario is not the Rams situation right now.

They just have a loaded team based on a rookie deal QB. Also seeing Mac with Hundley, I'm good there. 

Right. Their team is loaded because of their draft capital in the 4 years leading up to this: picks 1, 2, 8, 10, 13, and 30 over 4 years.

19 minutes ago, Dubz41 said:

People's perception of J Graham is way worse than his actual numbers.  Our scramble drill is out of whack probably because Rodgers hasn't been to practice for most of the season.  Our two toughest games of the year are behind us and we competed quite well in both. Gute turned over a lot of the roster already and has the draft capital to make some more significant headway this year.  The key will be his use of free agency. 

Though it's not a poplular opinion, I firmly believe we should sign A Barr (he will be more reasonably priced than people think) and then sign Earl Thomas.  Those two will solidify the defense and allow us to go BPA.

I am Gute.

I"m all for signing an OLB and a safety.  Unsure if those are the correct two.  I say that because Barr hasn't proven to rush the passer.  Earl Thomas is quite possibly the only safety that will cost real money in free agency.  I'm thinking you can get Matthieu for half the cost of Thomas.  Find a cagy vet for FS...could even be Tramon...draft a kid he can groom (could even be Jackson if another corner is drafted high) and see what happens.

I don't know enough about Barr to know if he can transition into an EDGE role.  

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

Just think what MM could do with a QB that plays within his system, $30 million worth of vet additions and 7 first round picks worth of draft capital in the next 3 years.

Oh wait, that's Sean McVay's current situation.

#traderodgers

You severely lack intelligence. Unless it's shtick. Then you're just really unfunny and have way too much time on your hands. It must be lack of intelligence.

At season's end, if Murphy allows BG to do his job and part with MM, this team will have one last shot to right the ship while Rodgers still has elite years left. Bringing in a new coaching regime is their only chance. The big question is whether Murphy will throw up any roadblocks. If he does, this franchise is truly effed. 1265 is an absolute Ish Show right now. Murphy's ridiculous structure has already cost them a year of getting things on track. They can't afford another one.

1 minute ago, Mr Anonymous said:

You severely lack intelligence. Unless it's shtick. Then you're just really unfunny and have way too much time on your hands. It must be lack of intelligence.

At season's end, if Murphy allows BG to do his job and part with MM, this team will have one last shot to right the ship while Rodgers still has elite years left. Bringing in a new coaching regime is their only chance. The big question is whether Murphy will throw up any roadblocks. If he does, this franchise is truly effed. 1265 is an absolute Ish Show right now. Murphy's ridiculous structure has already cost them a year of getting things on track. They can't afford another one.

How's hating on Jaire Alexander going for you?

4 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Don't really understand the connection between roster talent and success, do you?  With the comments you make, you shouldn't be calling others names.

The key to getting back to the Super Bowl is more off seasons like this last one where there is an infusion of talent which improves the roster.

Changing the coaching staff guarantees you nothing.  The Giants dumped Tom Coughlin a few years back.  How's that been working out?

Change the coaching staff if it is called for, but the key is filling some holes.

11 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Lol

Good timing. Ive been adding to my list. Welcome aboard!

This team is not completely devoid of talent. They still have the best QB in the game and that's a heck of a starting point. They need to move away from a stale system and a stale voice who has failed to evolve with the game. Look no further than the Rams for an example of what a new coach can do with the same pieces.

3 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

Don't really understand the connection between roster talent and success, do you?  With the comments you make, you shouldn't be calling others names.

The key to getting back to the Super Bowl is more off seasons like this last one where there is an infusion of talent which improves the roster.

Changing the coaching staff guarantees you nothing.  The Giants dumped Tom Coughlin a few years back.  How's that been working out?

Change the coaching staff if it is called for, but the key is filling some holes.

I trust the FO to gauge if there's a better candidate for HC than McCarthy available. This is another way the league caters to parity. Bad teams have the first shot at the best candidates. Good teams are often led by good coaches (like GB and MM) and are playing football when bad teams led by bad coaches are hiring new coaches.

It doesn't make a lot of sense to fire a good coach for the leftovers on multiple levels.

11 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

The switch from Capers to Pettine has already paid dividends.  

The problems with MM's offense are the same problems that the offense has faced for the last five years.  To attribute them to personnel at this point is disenguous. They have been discussed ad nauseum.  

I wish we could separate MM the head coach from MM the offensive coordinator.  I'm afraid that isn't possible.  

Finding a head coach is no guarantee, but at this point were only going to see more of the same offensive B.S. out of a MM led team regardless of the personnel.  

Archived