Extend Mike McCarthy?

incognito_man

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Would you have said Mac, coming off the season as the OC of the 32nd ranked offense in the NFL was better than Sherman? No.

Stop asking hypothetical questions that aren't answerable in which you'll falsely claim prove your point. No one knows how an OC/DC are going to be as a coach until they are a coach.

I'm conservative by nature.  I stick with McCarthy until the talent is clearly there and he has no excuses.

Right now,
*Aaron is not playing as well as he should.
*We have been in almost every game this season.
*We have no pass rushers to speak of.
*We have meh at safety.
*We have a lot of turds on offense.

I want to see McCarthy with an EDGE rusher, a safety and MVS/ESB/Graham in their second season with Rodgers before I hire who could be the next McDaniels/Kelly...

One more point before I get on with my day:

If people think McCarthy is to blame for Rodgers not listening to him, what do you honestly think is going to happen if the Packers hired that next Sean McVay hotshot coaching candidate?  McVay is 32 years old.  Rodgers is 34.  How do you think some person Rodgers hasn't been coached by for 10 years is going to come into Green Bay and tell Rodgers he needs to work on taking what's available and start throwing short routes and to running backs? 

Just now, Outpost31 said:

I'm conservative by nature.  I stick with McCarthy until the talent is clearly there and he has no excuses.

Right now,
*We have meh at safety.

I want to see McCarthy with an EDGE rusher, a safety and MVS/ESB/Graham in their second season with Rodgers before I hire who could be the next McDaniels/Kelly...

You're essentially saying that Aaron is walking all over Mac. What is keeping Mac going to do to help that? It was Sherman's job to keep Favre playing within the fundamentals and guidelines of his scheme and it's McCarthy's job to make Aaron do the same. 

If Aaron's passing up open receivers, missing throws via sloppy footwork and changing called runs into passes when it fits his agenda than it's even more imperative to me that McCarthy is removed from his post than he's calling a stale, outdated offense.

Ted picked the perfect guy to develop a future young QB and reign in the vet to fit his scheme at the same time. Now it will be Gute's turn to find his guy. Just like Ted his legacy will be directly tied to who he picks as the heir to the QB and HC spots. The decision on HC needs to come this year, as Aaron retiring with 1 SB is a colossal organization failure.

3 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Right now,
*We have meh at safety.

MM took BF to 13-3 with a much worse team with much less talent. Coins have two sides.

If people think McCarthy is to blame for Rodgers not listening to him, what do you honestly think is going to happen if the Packers hired that next Sean McVay hotshot coaching candidate?  McVay is 32 years old.  Rodgers is 34.  How do you think some person Rodgers hasn't been coached by for 10 years is going to come into Green Bay and tell Rodgers he needs to work on taking what's available and start throwing short routes and to running backs? 

The same way any other veteran quarterback goes through a coaching change. He's going to sell the scheme and preach championships 

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

Then that's Rodgers issue that he'll have to hear for the rest of his life and deservedly so. Favre was the same stubborn SOB and he did it. Keeping Mac in there and hoping things randomly turn around is the literal definition of insanity.

No doubt you'll have very few detractors from your statement about AR taking what is given him. If i'm MM that is all i would call in practice is what's there. Doesn't seem to be the case though. Why does our hotshot have to 32 why can't he be 42? I wish that MM would adjust but you posted the run plays. He relies on AR even more now when he's not playing well as you state.

Remember the year Lacy had when AR broker his collerbone the first time? He ran the ball and played within the players. If AR is truely plying bad why isn't MM taking the ball out of his hand more often?

4 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I think it's more about respect for the coach. I think if you lock Rodgers up in a room and shoot his arm up with truth serum, he'd tell you he has very little if any respect for MM as an offensive mind in the NFL. I think he has felt that way for a long time. Just my perception.

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

I think it's more about respect for the coach. I think if you lock Rodgers up in a room and shoot his arm up with truth serum, he'd tell you he has very little if any respect for MM as an offensive mind in the NFL. I think he has felt that way for a long time. Just my perception.

I think he has little respect for his intelligence, period. Even outside of football lol

2 minutes ago, PACKRULE said:

His arm looks fine he played better when his knee was really hurt he couldn't run around as much:) He's fine enough to perform better.

He got his elbow banged up late in the game and only threw one decent pass after that ... hope that isn't going to be another issue going forward.

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

Then Aaron deserves every ounce of the scrutiny and criticism and is a schmuck that won't win another SB.

I don't agree at all with your statement, but if that is true, we've just committed to the end of another diva QB career.

Archived