Extend Mike McCarthy?

incognito_man

11 minutes ago, Howler said:

On a scale of 1 to 10, how attractive is the Green Bay job? 7?

10. Rodgers is only about to be 35 yrs old in about a month. There's talent on this squad. It's a great situation for a new HC to come in and make a name for himself while he's still got an elite QB to work with

Not to mention GB will have 2 1st rd picks and somewhere over $40 million in cap space to play with this offseason I believe?

4 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

That AR extension is looking worse and worse. If that costs us McCarthy, that's a decision that will be regrettable in hindsight.

Would have been nice to see Rodgers play some coming off the injury last season before doing the contract extension.  Water under the bridge at this point though.  

Just now, squire12 said:

Would have been nice to see Rodgers play some coming off the injury last season before doing the contract extension.  Water under the bridge at this point though.  

Yeah that choice has been made. 

Need the analogue of what MM was to Favre in 2007 to happen to Rodgers at this point. Rodgers thinks he is better than he is right now. He needs someone who hasn't been praising him for a decade to get right I think.

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Need the analogue of what MM was to Favre in 2007 to happen to Rodgers at this point. Rodgers thinks he is better than he is right now. He needs someone who hasn't been praising him for a decade to get right I think.

agreed

6 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Skip Bayless for HC

I've kind of found it interesting watching Cleveland over the years. Even peak at their message boards some times. I would love to see MM go there and see what happens. It's obvious he gets no respect here from many. Even if it's his time he still made Favre accountable and got some great years out of him. Rodgers and him did a lot of good things. This isn't a black and white situation, and honestly the way some of the fan base has been talking about him is really not how Packers fan should carry themselves. It's one thing to say the time has come and thank you, but to call him names and call him stupid. It's just lame people. 

Interesting that both Favres' 07 int and the 14 melt down kept him from facing off against NE in a SB. These teams really should've have gone against each other a lot more. 

Archived