HYDE TO JAX

mistakey

5 hours ago, mistakey said:

Sure.  Did you not watch the Oakland game?

Yes, and he played great--him as a runner has never been the question. The concern with Chubb is if he can stay healthy with a full starters workload and grind given his injury in the past. 

Im not a doctor but Im confident in saying once you hurt your knee like that, you become more susceptible to injuries later on. Look at Jake Butt and his knees.

I love Chubb as a runner and believe if he never got injured he would have been a top 15 pick in the previous draft. However, I just have some pause with him getting 18-20 carries a game with that sort of workload given his injury. Would much rather have Chubb/Duke split pretty evenly and basically use them like Michel/Chubb split at UGA to keep both fresh.  If we can give Chubb/Duke a even 12 carries a pop each game--I think thats the sweet spot instead of a 80/20 split.

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

Im not a doctor but Im confident in saying once you hurt your knee like that, you become more susceptible to injuries later on. Look at Jake Butt and his knees.

Or be like Willis McGahee, who appeared in an avg of 14 games a season for 10years. 

Football is a violent game so injuries happen and some people are just unlucky. 

Blowing out the ACL again that is non-contact seems to be between 3% to %5 chance. They say the chances of tearing your other ACL is between 9% to 12% because you will baby your surgically repaired knee and put more stress on your good knee. 

The thing that should give you hope about Chubb is he ran the ball almost 500x and over 2000yards on that repaired knee in college and hand no issues. He is three years removed from that injury. I think his knee is healthy as it has been since injuring. They say it takes up to 20-24 months to be fully 100%. That physical and mental aspect of the injury. 

He is ready to be a stud IMO and im excited to see what he can do with 10+ carries 

2 hours ago, buno67 said:

Or be like Willis McGahee, who appeared in an avg of 14 games a season for 10years. 

Football is a violent game so injuries happen and some people are just unlucky. 

Blowing out the ACL again that is non-contact seems to be between 3% to %5 chance. They say the chances of tearing your other ACL is between 9% to 12% because you will baby your surgically repaired knee and put more stress on your good knee. 

The thing that should give you hope about Chubb is he ran the ball almost 500x and over 2000yards on that repaired knee in college and hand no issues. He is three years removed from that injury. I think his knee is healthy as it has been since injuring. They say it takes up to 20-24 months to be fully 100%. That physical and mental aspect of the injury. 

He is ready to be a stud IMO and im excited to see what he can do with 10+ carries 

When we drafted him, I figured he would get closer and closer to his pre injury form over the next two years. That's kind of how those injuries work.

On another note, I think when Dorsey drafted him, he envisioned Chubb being to us this season what Kareem Hunt was to KC last season, but that definitely can't happen if he's not getting the carries. Thus this trade happened.

Whoever mentioned power struggle is dead on imo. But it's not Hue vs Dorsey it's likely Haley vs Dorsey. Hue's been nothing but a passenger since Dorsey came in. Hue jumping in this past week and piling on by saying he's getting more involved in the offense just confirms it to me.

Haley is an old school, take no **** coach. He valued Hyde's reliability and felt he earned the starting spot. Dorsey I imagine wanted the more talented, more explosive guy out there, even if he didn't fully grasp the offense. I think in this case it's exactly like the Billy Beane Moneyball scenario.

I agree with Dorsey that Chubb's explosiveness is a necessary part of the offense and he needed much more carries but I also agree (presumably) with Haley that Hyde's reliability was underappreciated.

As far as Hyde's play, I think he's clearly lost a step. He's not near as quick or shifty as he was a few years ago.  I think he was doing a good job here although he did leave some yards on the field at the 2nd level. He also was really underutilized as a pass catcher. Which is the next point.

I think Dorsey, along with many others, are miss-evaluating Duke. Part of this trade was no doubt to get DJ moe touches...but i'm skeptical that's going to work. Duke is just a poor runner out of the backfield...he basically sucks. He can catch but he lacks speed and a great feel as a pass receiver. He gets open underneath because he's got very good cod, not necessarily great awareness. He's not better than most in that role and he's not clutch. If you take a look at similar types, past and present, he's not better than Kevin Faulk, Leon Washington, Theo Riddick, James Washington, or Tariq Cohen.

Haley and Dorsey were butting heads about player reps and Dorsey pulled his gm card and traded away Hyde. Hue then tell tales it by dumping publicly on Haley.

10 minutes ago, BrownLeader said:

Whoever mentioned power struggle is dead on imo. But it's not Hue vs Dorsey it's likely Haley vs Dorsey. Hue's been nothing but a passenger since Dorsey came in. Hue jumping in this past week and piling on by saying he's getting more involved in the offense just confirms it to me.

Haley is an old school, take no **** coach. He valued Hyde's reliability and felt he earned the starting spot. Dorsey I imagine wanted the more talented, more explosive guy out there, even if he didn't fully grasp the offense. I think in this case it's exactly like the Billy Beane Moneyball scenario.

I agree with Dorsey that Chubb's explosiveness is a necessary part of the offense and he needed much more carries but I also agree (presumably) with Haley that Hyde's reliability was underappreciated.

As far as Hyde's play, I think he's clearly lost a step. He's not near as quick or shifty as he was a few years ago.  I think he was doing a good job here although he did leave some yards on the field at the 2nd level. He also was really underutilized as a pass catcher. Which is the next point.

I think Dorsey, along with many others, are miss-evaluating Duke. Part of this trade was no doubt to get DJ moe touches...but i'm skeptical that's going to work. Duke is just a poor runner out of the backfield...he basically sucks. He can catch but he lacks speed and a great feel as a pass receiver. He gets open underneath because he's got very good cod, not necessarily great awareness. He's not better than most in that role and he's not clutch. If you take a look at similar types, past and present, he's not better than Kevin Faulk, Leon Washington, Theo Riddick, James Washington, or Tariq Cohen.

Haley and Dorsey were butting heads about player reps and Dorsey pulled his gm card and traded away Hyde. Hue then tell tales it by dumping publicly on Haley.

He's yet to have more than 5 carries in a game this season. He should average at least 10, just to make him less predictable. 

I think he's good enough as a runner. He just picks up lots of knocks. His stats from his first 3 years might be slightly bloated, but he is certainly talented enough to be used more than he currently is.

Archived