HYDE TO JAX

mistakey

Just now, Mind Character said:

One thing Duke does that Hyde didn't is Fumble the ball... we need Duke to protect the ball....

We take an immediate hit with Hyde gone on pass protection for Baker...

Agreed. 

We maks some gains and we take some oses with our on field product with this trade. 

If Haley has a brain we can mitigate some loses with play calling and design. I wouldn't be surprised if Haley is ultra pissed. 

another pus factor for this trade is that we were getting out of the contract at the end of the year with his mediocre production. We  just did it 10 games earlier and for a 5th. If chubb or DJ get injured the trade bows up in the face of Dorsey though, caculated risk

18 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

another pus factor for this trade is that we were getting out of the contract at the end of the year with his mediocre production. We  just did it 10 games earlier and for a 5th. If chubb or DJ get injured the trade bows up in the face of Dorsey though, caculated risk

His contract was a glorified one year deal anyway. There was an easy out in cutting him before the 3rd day of the league year. 

37 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Hopefully we see maybe more empty sets and allow Baker to throw hot if one wants to blitz. Who knows tho

Eh, we're short receivers anyway so just use Fells to block and Chubb either runs or swings out for a pass. Still have Njoku, Landry and Callaway as primary receivers. Chubb has looked lost chipping so I'm not sure I'd even task him with it right now, just need good pre-snap communication on the line and occasionally Fells will have a bad matchup and Baker should know he needs to progress quickly.

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2018/10/not_sure_what_to_do_hue_jackso.html#incart_river_index

doug L dumps on Hue. 

"Once again, it looks like the captain of the ship is just along for the ride."

There are those beat writers that are intelligent AND also critique Hue's negatives with sound analysis.

Lesmeries is not one of those people as he is not intelligent, doesn't know football, and isn't a good writer.

A lot of people will love Lesmeries because he'll foam at the mouth and get a pound a flesh, but he's like Tony Grossi in that some of his pieces have some of the worst analysis of football you'll ever read.

Cleveland Plain Dealer Browns beat writer's are far worse compared to the Akron Beacon Journal (ohio.com) writers.

He's a hack as are the Cleveland beat writers...

Dan Labbe at CPD is good. Nate Ulrich at ABJ is good. Scott Petrak is okay.

Everyone else is pretty much trash or too emotional or don't know the game.

Mary Kay Cabot is sometimes good at aggregating consensus opinions from around the league, as well as breaking some news occassionally.

5 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

There are those beat writers that are intelligent AND also critique Hue's negatives with sound analysis.

Lesmeries is not one of those people as he is not intelligent, doesn't know football, and isn't a good writer.

Lesmeries is more a fan boy than a hack. I think his critique in my quote was fair. Hue seems more like the captain of the titanic than Billl B. He realized he needs to get Chubb and Duke more ball and doesn't. Dougs comment is fair. 

5 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

A lot of people will love Lesmeries because he'll foam at the mouth and get a pound a flesh, but he's like Tony Grossi in that some of his pieces have some of the worst analysis of football you'll ever read.

Cleveland Plain Dealer Browns beat writer's are far worse compared to the Akron Beacon Journal (ohio.com) writers.

He's a hack as are the Cleveland beat writers...

Dan Labbe at CPD is good. Nate Ulrich at ABJ is good. Scott Petrak is okay.

Everyone else is pretty much trash or too emotional or don't know the game.

Mary Kay Cabot is sometimes good at aggregating consensus opinions from around the league, as well as breaking some news occassionally.

I generally avoid beat writers, especially MKC, as I was getting deeper into my fandom in 2013 I remember reading a report from MKC that said Jason Campbell was elite, Hoyer was good, Weeden was a back up. MKC doesn't know football, I agree.

Can't wait for the "Boom.. I told you so" hot takesman after Chubb has a good game against the Bucs... discounting how terrible their defense has been and how RBs have had their way with their defense as would Hyde if he had the opportunity to play them.

With Duke as more of a pass threat, him being in the game more does put more mental stress and uncertainty on the defense regarding what play we are running (pass or run).

21 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Lesmeries is more a fan boy than a hack. I think his critique in my quote was fair. Hue seems more like the captain of the titanic than Billl B. He realized he needs to get Chubb and Duke more ball and doesn't. Dougs comment is fair. 

I generally avoid beat writers, especially MKC, as I was getting deeper into my fandom in 2013 I remember reading a report from MKC that said Jason Campbell was elite, Hoyer was good, Weeden was a back up. MKC doesn't know football, I agree.

You know this entire post was so you could use aggregate.

9 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Can't wait for the "Boom.. I told you so" hot takesman after Chubb has a good game against the Bucs... discounting how terrible their defense has been and how RBs have had their way with their defense as would Hyde if he had the opportunity to play them.

With Duke as more of a pass threat, him being in the game more does put more mental stress and uncertainty on the defense regarding what play we are running (pass or run).

I'll give you a couple extra weeks head start then, Sonic ?.

4 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’d argue, as others have, that we didn’t have to trade Hyde to get those guys touches.

Changing the depth chart was needed to improve, not the roster iyam.

Maybe we did have to trade him to get them more touches. It’s been pretty clear the coaches have put no effort into giving them more

4 hours ago, Mind Character said:

"Decent" is not a word I would use to describe the quality of Hyde's play.... not at all...

But to each his own...

"Really good"... "Great" ... describe it for me regarding what I've seen with my eyes and what I think is important about RB play ability and traits..

Im glad you think he is really good to great but from what I have seen watching him , he is a mid tier back. between 15-20. Dude has left a lot of yards on the field by running into his line and not breaking the tackle when needed for a big play.  Seeing a lot of different analytic sites that say at best he has been an avg back. 

1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

Eh, we're short receivers anyway so just use Fells to block and Chubb either runs or swings out for a pass. Still have Njoku, Landry and Callaway as primary receivers. Chubb has looked lost chipping so I'm not sure I'd even task him with it right now, just need good pre-snap communication on the line and occasionally Fells will have a bad matchup and Baker should know he needs to progress quickly.

empty doesnt mean they need to go 5 WRs. I would like to see them using empty with one or two TEs. Specially with Devalve being back for his 3rd game, so he should be getting into better shape . Use duke in the empty. Just force defenses so show their defensive hand. 

Archived