HYDE TO JAX

mistakey

39 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Won't be surprised if Hueball and Haley start Hilliard.

Hopefully todd doesn't do anything stupid. 7 step drips all day or something. 

Also like others have said hopefully there is something else in the works. I'd love to get conley with a 3rd and a 5th 

1 hour ago, bigjohnson2009 said:

People mad about this trade have me laughing. Hyde was average this year. He's a good locker room guy, but a 5th is enormous value for a journeyman RB. 

Those poking holes in our depth, how hard is it to get a 3.5 YPC RB who can't block? He's almost got our QB killed multiple times. Give Chubb and Duke the ball. Sign D'Angelo Henderson or Matthew Dayes or whoever as depth and we all good.

Boxscore scouting is trash.... 3.5 ypc is not 3.5 ypc is not 3.5 ypc...

Anyone watching the film and breaking Hyde's play down from a traditional scouting analysis perspective knows he's done a lot with little and played at a very high level

41 minutes ago, mistakey said:

rumor has it since we traded him away we have no cap hit for him next year so we get like 5 mil back instead of 3.

We won't be on the books for the roster or workout bonuses (1.5 next year) but we'll eat the 2.35 in signing bonuses so of the 5.9 against the cap next year we will only be on the hook for the 2.35 so we'll save almost 4.

3 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Really??

He's played exceptionally well given the blocking and down and distance and stacked boxes this year..

No home run hitters, but man I'm not sure how Carlos is thought to just be solid...

He's been great and his vision and pacing and toughness finishing runs has been elite.

He’s averaging 3.4 ypc.

Duke and Chubb are averaging over 8 combined.  Same OL, defenses faced, etc.

He’s finished runs well I’ll give him that, but there’s not much juice in his legs.

2 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

This trade and going with another all Rookie WR corps are the clearest signs yet...

Finally a sane reaction to this trade... I can't believe people are cheering and celebrating this trade ... have they not seen Hyde's play this year?

I’d be angry not just as Hyde but as a teammate. The message being sent can’t be explained. We aren’t better because of this trade and had no need to unload salary mid-season, etc. The value is what you’d expect, which isn’t worth the while. More carries for Chubb? Sure. What a hot take here by Dorsey though. Dude has played hard and is an asset in that room even if they wanted to work those other two in more (which they should).

1 minute ago, Mind Character said:

Anyone watching the film and breaking Hyde's play down from a traditional scouting analysis perspective knows he's done a lot with little and played at a very high level

I wouldn't say very high level but I would say he played above replacement level. If Chubb is awesome no one will care, if Chubb turns out to be average or injured we took a loss.

The numbers are what they are.  He’s done nothing incredible.

He’s played well and been reliable, but I can’t imagine why you’re pretending he’s been fantastic...

played at a very high level? I dont know about that. He has played at a decent level but nothing that screams job security and that he deserves all those carries. His ypc stat isnt trash. The dude has missed a handful of big runs and doesnt make nearly as many defenders miss as you would hope

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

He’s averaging 3.4 ypc.

He’s finished runs well I’ll give him that, but there’s not much juice in his legs.

Well if either of them keep their averages I'll say this post is legit. They do both have the advantage of hitting big plays that Hyde isn't capable of but a lot of Hyde's 2 yard carries may turn into lost yards. He played well imo, not a game breaker but we knew that.

Just now, Thomas5737 said:

Well if either of them keep their averages I'll say this post is legit. They do both have the advantage of hitting big plays that Hyde isn't capable of but a lot of Hyde's 2 yard carries may turn into lost yards. He played well imo, not a game breaker but we knew that.

I will like this post in the future.  When @webby gives me more likes.  Stingy fella.

2 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

I’d be angry not just as Hyde but as a teammate. The message being sent can’t be explained. We aren’t better because of this trade and had no need to unload salary mid-season, etc. The value is what you’d expect, which isn’t worth the while. More carries for Chubb? Sure. What a hot take here by Dorsey though. Dude has played hard and is an asset in that room even if they wanted to work those other two in more (which they should).

how is this a salary move? he was playing on a glorified 1yr contract. Only way he was going to see a 2nd yr on that deal is if he had a great season. its been a mediocre season so far for him.   

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

The numbers are what they are.  He’s done nothing incredible.

He’s played well and been reliable, but I can’t imagine why you’re pretending he’s been fantastic...

Fantastic at getting less yards than Chubb and Duke. I think he would still be on the team if he was getting 15% of the snaps and doing some 3rd down blocking, while Chubb and Duke where the lead horses.

This is just shows Drosey attributes the same incompetence on Haley that we all see. Dorsey will of weighed it up, Chubbs excelence wth his rookie mistakes vs Hydes great blocking and expereice but mediocrity running the ball.  no doubt on average that Hyde has left yards on the field a lot if Chubb was out there. 

Just now, buno67 said:

yeah his 3.4 avg is beastly. I think thats like 44th best yards per carry avg in the nfl 

come on... boxscore scouting?? lol... he has played like a beast and far better then the 44th best RB if you'd be honest and really analyze his play...

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

He’s averaging 3.4 ypc.

Box score scouting means nothing when trying to answer the question how has he played?

A QB throws 3 INTs and each one is a perfect throw and deflects of the WRs hands....

Boxscore says the QB is complete trash... traditional football scouting analysis says he's playing well...

Citing Hyde's 3.4 YPC is lazy, doesn't describe the high quality of his play,

Doesn't describe how he's broken tackles, set the tone, fought for yards when nothing was available, blocked well, had amazing 4 yard runs when it look as if there'd be a 8 yard loss, how he's finished runs, how his vision and patient feet have allowed poor blocking to look good, etc...

I have a feeling Tyrod Taylor is next. What a waste of a 3rd. We’ll likely get a 5th back you watch lol 

I just hope there’s a bigger picture then just stashing picks. This coaching staff is done. Clearly Dorsey thinks they should have a better record then we do and the players HE drafted and or signed aren’t been used correctly. Or he doesn’t make this move. They’re right. It doesn’t make us better at all. This is a power struggle developing. 

Archived