HYDE TO JAX

mistakey

Just now, NateDawg said:

Like you I’m not on Team Hue. All this to make a statement though? You’re sacrificing depth at the position, short yardage abilities, and potential locker room chemistry so you can let a guy know who is in charge. Other ways to do it. 

I don't think it's "to make a statement". I think Hue was literally refusing to play Chubb and Johnson more. And while Dorsey liked Hyde (he paid the man after all), he really thought we needed more Duke/Chubb. It's not about a statement, it's about trying to make the product better by forcing Hue to play more explosive players. He seems to have decided that was more valuable than Hyde as a 3rd wheel in the backfield.

11 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

come on... boxscore scouting?? lol... he has played like a beast and far better then the 44th best RB if you'd be honest and really analyze his play...

Box score scouting means nothing when trying to answer the question how has he played?

A QB throws 3 INTs and each one is a perfect throw and deflects of the WRs hands....

Boxscore says the QB is complete trash... traditional football scouting analysis says he's playing well...

Citing Hyde's 3.4 YPC is lazy, doesn't describe the high quality of his play,

Doesn't describe how he's broken tackles, set the tone, fought for yards when nothing was available, blocked well, had amazing 4 yard runs when it look as if there'd be a 8 yard loss, how he's finished runs, how his vision and patient feet have allowed poor blocking to look good, etc...

I’m not box score scouting, I actually watch the games.  It just so happens that the stats confirm what my eyes see.

Hes run hard, fought for yards, etc and done fine, but he’s absolutely been mediocre.

Fwiw, I’d have not traded him, just given other guys more reps.

4 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

I don't think it's "to make a statement". I think Hue was literally refusing to play Chubb and Johnson more. And while Dorsey liked Hyde (he paid the man after all), he really thought we needed more Duke/Chubb. It's not about a statement, it's about trying to make the product better by forcing Hue to play more explosive players. He seems to have decided that was more valuable than Hyde as a 3rd wheel in the backfield.

If he was told directly to do something and it was refused, you have a totally different issue. Issue an ultimatum, if it’s not followed, you fire the insubordinate employees instead of making a personnel move. Maybe there are behind the scene things we don’t know. On the surface though, I’d have handled this one way differently. 

2 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

And subbed out and missed quarters of play within those games while recovering from in game injuries...

I agree with this, Duke goes down in games a lot. 

Part of it when he meets a LB in the hole, he is a shot gun RB and scat back, but he is great at it, Chubb needs to do the dirty work on th inside. 

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’m not box score scouting, I actually watch the games.  It just so happens that the stats confirm what my eyes see.

Hes run hard, fought for yards, etc and done fine, but he’s absolutely been mediocre.

Fwiw, I’d have not traded him, just given other guys more reps.

We'll just agree to disagree...

Mediocre, average, etc... aren't words I'd use to describe his play this year.. 3.4 YPC or not...

It's just not what I have seen with my eyes...

Hopefully Chubb and Duke can stay healthy and get the job done... pass pro and run impact wise...

Hopefully there is another trade in the works with this acquired draft capital...

.. there has to be...

2 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

Hopefully there is another trade in the works with this acquired draft capital...

.. there has to be...

If we sacrifice Hyde and Shelton for a corner like Coney Id be happy, if we fix up cb2 or a few years with this trade it is all worth it. 

9 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

it allows you to act like your takes are so much better in comparison..

im out of the take game these days.  i just like pointing out the cleveland browns record and post random tidbits of information usually like how its scarcely known that duke johnson is the leading rusher in miami history, never missed a game, tough as nails and hard to tackle and we dont give him the ball.  also just like to cheer 4 my browns.

19 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

no good FA rb's left. 

Dayes would be the dude to replace Hyde. 

I like Dayes too. I think, given a chance, he could prove himself a solid contributing RB.

The only elements missing from his game are elite speed and plus power. I do think he can improve the power aspect of his game though.

9 minutes ago, Fatgerman said:

I like Dayes too. I think, given a chance, he could prove himself a solid contributing RB.

The only elements missing from his game are elite speed and plus power. I do think he can improve the power aspect of his game though.

He also seemed pretty decent on special teams.

40 minutes ago, OttoGrahamsGhost said:

I will like this post in the future.  When @webby gives me more likes.  Stingy fella.

I liked your post, not because you wanted to like my post, or because you called out webby, and I approve of both, but because I have the likes to give and you don't. Ha!

27 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

I don't know man... replacement level says "average" to me...

I guess it all depends on what one means by "high level"

to me it's "high quality play" ... there's average level play, then above average play, high level play, and then elite level play.....

We all see football differently... it is what it is...

Has to be another move pending...

I'm just saying Hyde was better than average. Hyde was good at what he does and in the right system, or more realistically 20 years ago, he would be very valuable. With every offensive line now being a pass blocking offensive line it probably does make more sense to use your running game (hope for a big play) like teams used to use their passing game and to use your passing game (to march down the field) like how teams used to use their running game. If that is the case then we are certainly better with a more explosive runner like Chubb or Johnson. I haven't completely accepted the change, I still want to build an offensive line to run the ball and hit the pass when teams cheat it just isn't how the NFL is anymore.

1 minute ago, Thomas5737 said:

I'm just saying Hyde was better than average. Hyde was good at what he does and in the right system, or more realistically 20 years ago, he would be very valuable. With every offensive line now being a pass blocking offensive line it probably does make more sense to use your running game (hope for a big play) like teams used to use their passing game and to use your passing game (to march down the field) like how teams used to use their running game. If that is the case then we are certainly better with a more explosive runner like Chubb or Johnson. I haven't completely accepted the change, I still want to build an offensive line to run the ball and hit the pass when teams cheat it just isn't how the NFL is anymore.

clever observation. Well done. 

Archived