HYDE TO JAX

mistakey

6 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

The numbers are what they are.  He’s done nothing incredible.

He’s played well and been reliable, but I can’t imagine why you’re pretending he’s been fantastic...

it allows him to be angry and dramatic and hot take to eternal glory in our modest internet hangout space

42 minutes ago, buno67 said:

As long as they can avoid trading their first or a second for him, let’s do it

I'd trade a 3rd, two 5th rounders, and a 7th for Amari and Gareon Conley all day, everyday.

For Amari himself, I'd do a 3rd rounder, plus our sixth.

Or all 3 fifth rounders and the two 7ths for the two.

Just now, bosko1616 said:

I have a feeling Tyrod Taylor is next. What a waste of a 3rd. We’ll likely get a 5th back you watch lol 

I just hope there’s a bigger picture then just stashing picks. This coaching staff is done. Clearly Dorsey thinks they should have a better record then we do and the players HE drafted and or signed aren’t been used correctly. Or he doesn’t make this move. They’re right. It doesn’t make us better at all. This is a power struggle developing. 

what kind of power do u expect a 3-34-1 coach to wield

3 minutes ago, buno67 said:

how is this a salary move? he was playing on a glorified 1yr contract. Only way he was going to see a 2nd yr on that deal is if he had a great season. its been a mediocre season so far for him.   

How are we better by making this trade? This season. 

We aren’t, and any response to the contrary is nonsensical. 

Ive been the one leading the charge for Chubb to get lots more reps mind you. Hyde could have still had a short yardage role, worst case. And if Chubb gets hurt, you don’t have a true RB. Trading a guy so you can justify playing another is a Madden move. 

6 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

The numbers are what they are.  He’s done nothing incredible.

He’s played well and been reliable, but I can’t imagine why you’re pretending he’s been fantastic...

He has been fantastic in my opinion.

The best word to describe his play given the factors around him is the word "GREAT".

You're right... maybe incredible implies something more stellar than I mean to describe.

I'm not sure how people have seen him making something out of nothing repeatedly and not call that great RB play.

We're an injury away from having Dontrell Hilliard as our backup

We know Duke and Chubb have injury history...

It's the same reason why I was saying "NO, don't trade Jamie Collins!!" when people were talking about how Kendricks and Burgess made Collins expendable...

RBs get injured... they're even playing injured now....

I see this trade makes a ton a sense to many on here... not to me... unless there is another shoe to drop and this trade is to acquire further draft capital to improve this tea at other positions in that case then it make sense .... outside of that if it's just about stacking picks... it's no bueno...

4 minutes ago, bosko1616 said:

I have a feeling Tyrod Taylor is next. What a waste of a 3rd. We’ll likely get a 5th back you watch lol 

I just hope there’s a bigger picture then just stashing picks. This coaching staff is done. Clearly Dorsey thinks they should have a better record then we do and the players HE drafted and or signed aren’t been used correctly. Or he doesn’t make this move. They’re right. It doesn’t make us better at all. This is a power struggle developing. 

What would you get for TT, his vaue has never been lower, I think we might only get a 6th for him, there are not many QB needy teams out there, or if they don't have a QB, they are delusional, ie the NYG and are standing by there man. 

1 minute ago, NateDawg said:

Trading a guy so you can justify playing another is a Madden move. 

Not a Madden move at all. That would be a dumb move in Madden. Injuries happen. This is clearly a "not allowed to fire this guy yet but he's making an awful decision every freaking week, gotta take away his decision making power SOMEHOW" move.

Just now, freakygeniuskid said:

Not a Madden move at all. That would be a dumb move in Madden. Injuries happen. This is clearly a "not allowed to fire this guy yet but he's making an awful decision every freaking week, gotta take away his decision making power SOMEHOW" move.

Agree, Dorsey is asserting his manliness into the situation. 

11 minutes ago, buno67 said:

played at a very high level? I dont know about that. He has played at a decent level but nothing that screams job security and that he deserves all those carries. His ypc stat isnt trash. The dude has missed a handful of big runs and doesnt make nearly as many defenders miss as you would hope

"Decent" is not a word I would use to describe the quality of Hyde's play.... not at all...

But to each his own...

"Really good"... "Great" ... describe it for me regarding what I've seen with my eyes and what I think is important about RB play ability and traits..

Just now, Mind Character said:

"Decent" is not a word I would use to describe the quality of Hyde's play.... not at all...

But to each his own...

"Really good"... "Great" ... describe it for me regarding what I've seen with my eyes and what I think is important about RB play ability and traits..

what would you give Chubb then, orgasmic? 

2 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Like you I’m not on Team Hue. All this to make a statement though? You’re sacrificing depth at the position, short yardage abilities, and potential locker room chemistry so you can let a guy know who is in charge. Other ways to do it. 

4 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

He has been fantastic in my opinion.

The best word to describe his play given the factors around him is the word "GREAT".

You're right... maybe incredible implies something more stellar than I mean to describe.

I'm not sure how people have seen him making something out of nothing repeatedly and not call that great RB play.

We're an injury away from having Dontrell Hilliard as our backup

We know Duke and Chubb have injury history...

It's the same reason why I was saying "NO, don't trade Jamie Collins!!" when people were talking about how Kendricks and Burgess made Collins expendable...

RBs get injured... they're even playing injured now....

I see this trade makes a ton a sense to many on here... not to me... unless there is another shoe to drop and this trade is to acquire further draft capital to improve this tea at other positions in that case then it make sense .... outside of that if it's just about stacking picks... it's no bueno...

duke johnson has played in every game in his career

15 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

I wouldn't say very high level but I would say he played above replacement level. If Chubb is awesome no one will care, if Chubb turns out to be average or injured we took a loss.

I don't know man... replacement level says "average" to me...

I guess it all depends on what one means by "high level"

to me it's "high quality play" ... there's average level play, then above average play, high level play, and then elite level play.....

We all see football differently... it is what it is...

Has to be another move pending...

Archived