how much longer does hue jackson last  

68 members have voted

1. 1. title says it all

• doesnt make it on the plane
    • bye week
    • end of season
    • never gets fired, coaches week 1 next year

2 minutes ago, footbull3196 said:

I agree that they're better off now for starting Chubb (and I'm not just saying that because he's on my fantasy team), but Hyde has at least proven to be capable of being a workhorse back so I understand why he stuck with him

This isn't a playoff team with a different coach.  Yes, the Browns are vastly improved from the year before, but that says less about how much more talented they are right now and more about how utterly talentless they were before.  Their defense has made tremendous strides but outside of denzel ward, there is no skill position talent on that side of the ball.  The offensive side has the exact opposite problem, they have no utilitarian talent on that side of the ball. People completely ignore the loss of Joe Thomas on the line and yet that may be what's holding them back the most

If you think firing Hue would suddenly make this Browns team a contender, you're only fooling yourself 

I'd be careful about firing him.  He was hired to promote the growth of the hand selected franchise quarterback that they finally took after 2 seasons of passing on franchise QBs and being total garbage.  He's shown more than enough this season to warrant another year provided the team doesn't totally tank and quit on him down the stretch

his hand picked qb decisions have been awful
"the ground moved under his feet" for RGIII
"trust him" on cody kessler
"i'll be patient" with deshone kizer

21 minutes ago, mistakey said:

his hand picked qb decisions have been awful
"the ground moved under his feet" for RGIII
"trust him" on cody kessler
"i'll be patient" with deshone kizer

Management screwed him by passing on franchise quarterbacks multiple times and trading for all these draft picks that haven't amounted to much lately.  He hasn't really had a choice but to take those approaches because he's been stuck with absolutely nothing else

6 minutes ago, footbull3196 said:

Management screwed him by passing on franchise quarterbacks multiple times and trading for all these draft picks that haven't amounted to much lately.  He hasn't really had a choice but to take those approaches because he's been stuck with absolutely nothing else

bruh he was brought in to help the cap nerd make the choices on qb decisions.  the record he has been saddled with - HE - has a lot to do with it.  i honestly cannot believe that this dude has defenders anywhere.  he literally has the 2nd worst win percentage of any coach who has coached at least 40 games OF ALL TIME.  hes a historically bad coach.  the excuses must stop.  he sucks.  no benefit to him being here if he's gonna cause drama which is the only thing hes good at.

54 minutes ago, mistakey said:

bruh he was brought in to help the cap nerd make the choices on qb decisions.  the record he has been saddled with - HE - has a lot to do with it.  i honestly cannot believe that this dude has defenders anywhere.  he literally has the 2nd worst win percentage of any coach who has coached at least 40 games OF ALL TIME.  hes a historically bad coach.  the excuses must stop.  he sucks.  no benefit to him being here if he's gonna cause drama which is the only thing hes good at.

He has a historically bad record because he was given a historically bad team to work with.  He wasnt the one who made the decision to pass on Wentz, Sashi Brown did.  Hue wanted wentz by all indications.  Let's not forget, even after making the god awful Carson palmer trade, he still managed to squeeze an 8-8 season out of that Raiders team and its roster had a lot of flaws.  Hell, Darrius Heyward Bey almost had a 1000 yard season under Hue.  That wasn't by accident.  I understand being frustrated with some of his ways of dealing with problems, but he's not the one creating the problems in the first place, he's just not helping as much as he could.  He deserves at least this season and possibly next depending on how many games they win

12 minutes ago, footbull3196 said:

He has a historically bad record because he was given a historically bad team to work with.  He wasnt the one who made the decision to pass on Wentz, Sashi Brown did.  Hue wanted wentz by all indications.  Let's not forget, even after making the god awful Carson palmer trade, he still managed to squeeze an 8-8 season out of that Raiders team and its roster had a lot of flaws.  Hell, Darrius Heyward Bey almost had a 1000 yard season under Hue.  That wasn't by accident.  I understand being frustrated with some of his ways of dealing with problems, but he's not the one creating the problems in the first place, he's just not helping as much as he could.  He deserves at least this season and possibly next depending on how many games they win

No, he didn’t.  He wanted Goff by all indications and led the charge to trade down.  

1 minute ago, footbull3196 said:

If there is one thing Hue is great at...it's how to make himself look like the victim and throw others under the bus.

If anyone thinks Hue did not have a lot of say in the players that were acquired (FA, trades, draft, etc.)......it's amazing how a lot of those "leaks" came out after Wentz showed he could be a franchise QB.

Trust us Browns fans....Hue has said a lot of things and has had his picks of QBs who he was supposedly going to turn around (RG3, Kessler, Kizer)...but shortly after realizing he sucked as a OC, he started blaming the players. Hue is not a leader by any means and is definitely not an NFL HC. 

If you believe in him so badly, please take him from us and prove us wrong.....one last thing...we've had other HC that have been able to win multiple games on this "historically bad" Browns teams....yet Hue gets a pass for winning 1 game in 2 seasons or for currently being 3-35-1.

2 minutes ago, Onizuka said:

If there is one thing Hue is great at...it's how to make himself look like the victim and throw others under the bus.

If anyone thinks Hue did not have a lot of say in the players that were acquired (FA, trades, draft, etc.)......it's amazing how a lot of those "leaks" came out after Wentz showed he could be a franchise QB.

Trust us Browns fans....Hue has said a lot of things and has had his picks of QBs who he was supposedly going to turn around (RG3, Kessler, Kizer)...but shortly after realizing he sucked as a OC, he started blaming the players. Hue is not a leader by any means and is definitely not an NFL HC. 

If you believe in him so badly, please take him from us and prove us wrong.....one last thing...we've had other HC that have been able to win multiple games on this "historically bad" Browns teams....yet Hue gets a pass for winning 1 game in 2 seasons or for currently being 3-35-1.

I think Browns fans are just looking for someone to scapegoat at this point.  The next coach you guys get is going to be the exact same rinse-wash-repeat.  It's been like that for the last decade plus, and I completely understand your frustration and intolerance of losing at this point, but whats the excuse going to be when the next coach is stuck with horrible draft class after horrible draft class?  Who will be to blame then?

4 hours ago, footbull3196 said:

I think Browns fans are just looking for someone to scapegoat at this point.  The next coach you guys get is going to be the exact same rinse-wash-repeat.  It's been like that for the last decade plus, and I completely understand your frustration and intolerance of losing at this point, but whats the excuse going to be when the next coach is stuck with horrible draft class after horrible draft class?  Who will be to blame then?

Scapegoat? Are you related to Hue? We already have a member that defends him hardcore and acts like Hue can do no wrong.....

Hue literally blames everyone but himself, including young players that he should be developing and not criticizing publicly to the media.

Let's just agree to disagree because apparently your only rebuttal now is "Browns fans looking for a scapegoat"...acting as if other fans don't complain about their HCs or OC/DCs.....Hue is a terrible HC and I'm amazed at how great he is at getting the media and fans like you who don't watch the Browns believe he is better than he is.

9 hours ago, footbull3196 said:

I agree that they're better off now for starting Chubb (and I'm not just saying that because he's on my fantasy team), but Hyde has at least proven to be capable of being a workhorse back so I understand why he stuck with him

This isn't a playoff team with a different coach.  Yes, the Browns are vastly improved from the year before, but that says less about how much more talented they are right now and more about how utterly talentless they were before.  Their defense has made tremendous strides but outside of denzel ward, there is no skill position talent on that side of the ball.  The offensive side has the exact opposite problem, they have no utilitarian talent on that side of the ball. People completely ignore the loss of Joe Thomas on the line and yet that may be what's holding them back the most

If you think firing Hue would suddenly make this Browns team a contender, you're only fooling yourself 

I'd be careful about firing him.  He was hired to promote the growth of the hand selected franchise quarterback that they finally took after 2 seasons of passing on franchise QBs and being total garbage.  He's shown more than enough this season to warrant another year provided the team doesn't totally tank and quit on him down the stretch

Yeah, and then he refused outright to even allow Baker to compete for the starting job all training camp, even going so far as to pull that stunt where he congratulated Baker for "winning" the backup job.  Hue has done more to stunt Baker's development and progression since they drafted him than I believe any other coach in football could have done.

25 minutes ago, megatechpc said:

Yeah, and then he refused outright to even allow Baker to compete for the starting job all training camp, even going so far as to pull that stunt where he congratulated Baker for "winning" the backup job.  Hue has done more to stunt Baker's development and progression since they drafted him than I believe any other coach in football could have done.

I mean he wasnt the only one that was pushing for Baker to sit and learn for a while.  Dorsey even said during the offseason that he was open to an extension for Tyrod if he played well enough.  Obviously you knew that wasnt going to happen and it's pretty clear that Dorsey was just saying the politically correct thing, but I dont think naming Mayfield the starting QB in Week 4 is exactly stunting his development.  He's a rookie quarterback, there are obviously going to be ups and downs even with a 1st overall pick

Archived