how much longer does hue jackson last  

68 members have voted

1. 1. title says it all

• doesnt make it on the plane
    • bye week
    • end of season
    • never gets fired, coaches week 1 next year

9 hours ago, H.E Pennypacker said:

They've been competitive in every game bar one, they're clearly playing hard and playing motivated.. Why fire the coach?

If Cleveland can win 6 games this year I'd let him stay around.

Hue is paid to win games. Kudos to the team playing hard, but consistently coming up short in crunch time is not what winning programs do.

25 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

Which would be a mistake for the Browns, honestly.

They aren't going anywhere with Todd Haley this season and giving him the opportunity to light a spark would only set the organization backwards because there's no way Haley is the answer either.

Best thing for the Browns would be to let Hue ride it out for the rest of the season, fire him, then bring in a new coach. Mid-season coaching changes never really make sense, always thought so.

No, it wouldnt.  He's atrocious.  He deflects blame and makes everything around him miserable.  We have so little hope of winning games with him.  We need to win games for the fans.  It sucks watching his football team.  

like the dude wants to take play calling duties (of which he held for 2 years amassing a 1-31 record with BAFFLING decisions to continually bench his quarterback, abandon the run) and while haley isnt perfect, he at least has us running the ball with success.  the only reason why hue is doing this is to potentially save his own *** except for he'll probably end up failing MISERABLY and necessitate a firing.

I can't believe this is actually a discussion.  Despite some of their close losses, the Browns have clearly made significant progress in a season where they're starting a rookie quarterback for the second consecutive season.  Yes, they could easily be 5-1, but they could just as easily be 1-5.  They're much more competitive than they have been in a while.  You're telling me that there's a better head coach out there that's more offensively minded and better suited for the development of their 1st overall  pick Baker Mayfield?

Firing Hue Jackson at this point in time after everything the organization has suffered through would just confirm the mentality that this is why bad teams stay bad. Uninformed and overly emotional reactionary decisions designed to appease the fan base and light a fire under the rest of the team will only backfire and leave the Browns in a worse spot than they were before. Who are you going to promote to head coach at this point, Todd Haley?  Lol....

People need to stop bringing up that 1-31 record from the previous 2 seasons.  Given the black hole devoid of talent that was the Browns roster in 2016 and 2017, how much of that was actually on him?  I don't think Bill Belichick would have won more than 4-5 games with those teams

Wait for the end of the season, so you can really go through a vetting process to find a guy who can fit the personality of this team. Todd Haley is much of the same, and even if he's on an interim basis and let go at the end of the season, you're really not gaining anything.

I'm not buying the whole no talent excuse for Hue.  I'm not buying it at all. 

Elite pass rusher - Check
Top-rated ILB - Check
All-pro WR - Check
Solid offensive line - Check
Highly-talented Secondary - Check

If you take away their name and history, the Browns right now are a head coach's dream team as far as talent. 

1 hour ago, footbull3196 said:

I can't believe this is actually a discussion.  Despite some of their close losses, the Browns have clearly made significant progress in a season where they're starting a rookie quarterback for the second consecutive season.  Yes, they could easily be 5-1, but they could just as easily be 1-5.  They're much more competitive than they have been in a while.  You're telling me that there's a better head coach out there that's more offensively minded and better suited for the development of their 1st overall  pick Baker Mayfield?

Firing Hue Jackson at this point in time after everything the organization has suffered through would just confirm the mentality that this is why bad teams stay bad. Uninformed and overly emotional reactionary decisions designed to appease the fan base and light a fire under the rest of the team will only backfire and leave the Browns in a worse spot than they were before. Who are you going to promote to head coach at this point, Todd Haley?  Lol....

People need to stop bringing up that 1-31 record from the previous 2 seasons.  Given the black hole devoid of talent that was the Browns roster in 2016 and 2017, how much of that was actually on him?  I don't think Bill Belichick would have won more than 4-5 games with those teams

Yes? he GM had to trade Carlos Hyde so that Hue would actually start their best running back. I've seen glimpses from Baker that give him a proper coach he's going to be a good QB. How good? We won't find out till they ditch Hue. He's an anchor to that franchise ever surfacing from the doldrums.

Why? Why should going 0-16 be ignored? The 2017 Browns team was not a 0-16 Team in terms of talent, an inability to adjust is one of his biggest black marks. Continually abandoning the run, slinging it with a rookie QB. His record should absolutely be brought up against him as a reason against him.

I don't think Hue should be fired now. Wait till Black Monday. Fire him then.

Personally I can't wait to see this Browns team with a proper coach. There is so much talent there. Especially defensively. 

6 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

He’s gone after this year. He should have been gone after 0-16.

Agreed.  I don't know even know why they brought him back this year. I mean what could've been the most logical explanation for that?

Was Dorsey secretly holding out hope that a guy like Mike McCarthy gets fired next off season or what?

3 hours ago, footbull3196 said:

why would firing hue jackson put us in a worse spot going forward?
hes openly throwing literally everyone under the bus and theres dysfunction in his OWN caoching staff-  haley and him hate eachother.  not a healthy work environment.  he's gone at the end of the year anyways.  what good does it get us to guarantee 9 more losses just to not fire hue jackson in the middle of the season

he shouldnt have gotten this year to start with.  

2 hours ago, Magnifico said:

Yes? he GM had to trade Carlos Hyde so that Hue would actually start their best running back. I've seen glimpses from Baker that give him a proper coach he's going to be a good QB. How good? We won't find out till they ditch Hue. He's an anchor to that franchise ever surfacing from the doldrums.

Why? Why should going 0-16 be ignored? The 2017 Browns team was not a 0-16 Team in terms of talent, an inability to adjust is one of his biggest black marks. Continually abandoning the run, slinging it with a rookie QB. His record should absolutely be brought up against him as a reason against him.

I don't think Hue should be fired now. Wait till Black Monday. Fire him then.

Personally I can't wait to see this Browns team with a proper coach. There is so much talent there. Especially defensively. 

I agree that they're better off now for starting Chubb (and I'm not just saying that because he's on my fantasy team), but Hyde has at least proven to be capable of being a workhorse back so I understand why he stuck with him

This isn't a playoff team with a different coach.  Yes, the Browns are vastly improved from the year before, but that says less about how much more talented they are right now and more about how utterly talentless they were before.  Their defense has made tremendous strides but outside of denzel ward, there is no skill position talent on that side of the ball.  The offensive side has the exact opposite problem, they have no utilitarian talent on that side of the ball. People completely ignore the loss of Joe Thomas on the line and yet that may be what's holding them back the most

If you think firing Hue would suddenly make this Browns team a contender, you're only fooling yourself 

48 minutes ago, mistakey said:

why would firing hue jackson put us in a worse spot going forward?
hes openly throwing literally everyone under the bus and theres dysfunction in his OWN caoching staff-  haley and him hate eachother.  not a healthy work environment.  he's gone at the end of the year anyways.  what good does it get us to guarantee 9 more losses just to not fire hue jackson in the middle of the season

he shouldnt have gotten this year to start with.  

I'd be careful about firing him.  He was hired to promote the growth of the hand selected franchise quarterback that they finally took after 2 seasons of passing on franchise QBs and being total garbage.  He's shown more than enough this season to warrant another year provided the team doesn't totally tank and quit on him down the stretch

It's like he's got diplomatic immunity or something now.

Should have been gone half way through last season. Then should have been gone again at the end. Arguably should be gone soon, the team has clearly improved dramatically, but they still can't quite do it at crunch time. They have the tools - it needs someone handy to use them. 

Archived