Trade Deadline Thread

MacReady

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Maybe our safety wasnt supposed nto be that deep either and that's why he's gone.

This! In that situation he's either in coverage or he's in run support. Not to mention, we was back on his heels as soon as the WR took one step towards him. 

It was very weak, but not the reason he was traded. He was traded because he wasn't that good He didn't want to be in GB and he quit on his team last year. I wish we had traded him in the off season. We won't miss him at all IMO. 

25 minutes ago, Golfman said:

You were another one that was in love with Dix. Average safety at best and a no tackle beotch! Glad he's gone. 

In love? I wouldn't go that far, I just didn't think he was a giant pile of *** like so many did. I'm hardly crying my eyes out here.

I was far more pissed when we traded Randall for Kizer lol

31 minutes ago, MantyWrestler said:

Reaked havoc?  Guy couldn’t get anywhere near the QB and had balls thrown right at him he could raise his hands to block. 

Usually you don't see front 7 guys with 3 passes defended in one game. So it was a good effort by him, especially with one of the PDs coming off a late drive that stalled and helped to win the game. I didn't say he dominated, but for sure he contributed to that win more than in other games. So just give credit where credit is deserved.

22 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

You're so bad at trying to insult people ?

Mason Crossbar says otherwise

20 minutes ago, Golfman said:

I wasn't trying to insult him, just pointing out facts. Learn the difference. 

We cool.

14 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I get more tired of getting notifications from people on my ignore list who quote me to be honest.  

Does this happen? Gross

Double check your settings, I think there's a list of things you can all set to ignore, maybe ya missed one

A 4th rounder this year is probably fair compensation for Dix.  Maybe Washington believes they have a better chance at signing him because he likes Swearinger (sp).  With the way safeties have been devalued over the past year, his next contract might only be in the $3 to $5 million per year range.  This would only net us a 4th or 5th round compensatory pick in the 2020 draft (and that's only if we don't sign any meaningful free agents).  So to get a 4th this year is fair...especially for a person who I felt did not really want to remain in GB after this year.

Got to wonder who the starting safeties are going to be this weekend against Tom Brady.  Breeland is on the team, but his hammy has been sore for the past several weeks.  I would imagine he will be active this week.  Should be interesting.  I'm hoping to see the same type of effort this weekend by the defense.  We may have lost last week, but the effort put forth by the players was very satisfying to me.

We now have 2 firsts, 2 fourths, and 2 sixth round draft choices in the 2019 draft.  We've had some luck in later rounds drafting interior offensive lineman in the past.  We would use a couple in this draft.  

2 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Maybe our safety wasnt supposed nto be that deep either and that's why he's gone.

Hard to play a run gap over and press on the line. I get that we may very well have had issues with HaHa going rogue, but you usually don't see guys cheating to make things harder on themselves.

And now that HHCD has been traded, we're going to see everybody talk about how he's overrated and a scrub too soft to tackle and never made any plays and that somehow the duo of Whitehead and Brice is somehow not going to be a sigificant downgrade and is going to actually be an upgrade because of grit and toughness. 

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

And now that HHCD has been traded, we're going to see everybody talk about how he's overrated and a scrub too soft to tackle and never made any plays

Indeed.

But here's McGinn's write-up from the end of the 2017 season, written 9 months before HaHa was traded.
take it for what its worth to you

HA HA CLINTON-DIX (99.2% snaps):
Completely fell apart in his fourth season. Other than showing up to practice every day and playing every game, his contributions were minimal. Appallingly bad for much of the second half, especially the finale in Detroit when he just went through the motions. Probably just isn’t that good of a player. Straight-line athlete with average change of direction and agility. Lacks the speed to match with top wide receivers deep and the quickness to cover from the slot. Blew way too many assignments for someone with more than 3,500 career snaps. Couldn’t handle the responsibility of wearing the helmet headset and communicating the call to teammates in Game 7. Little or no urgency as a tackler. Second on the team in missed tackles with 13, 10 more than a year ago. Ranked merely fifth among the six safeties in tackles per snap (one every 12.2). Seems almost delusional regarding his value and role on the team. He’ll get one more season to prove worthy of receiving another contract. Grade: D.

my personal opinion is that he's better than he showed, but he wanted out.
Good luck to him going forward

Archived