Trade Deadline Thread

MacReady

Not to mention if Gute is active in FA, which hopefully is the case, who says we end up getting any pick for Clinton-Dix if we sign a semi-promiment player?Take the 4 now. Not an easy decision but the right one even for a "win now" guy like me. 

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

Not to mention if Gute is active in FA, which hopefully is the case, who says we end up getting any pick for Clinton-Dix if we sign a semi-promiment player?Take the 4 now. Not an easy decision but the right one even for a "win now" guy like me. 

I'm sure that was the mentality. We're not getting comp picks this go around. So get something now. Makes sense

3 minutes ago, gizmo2012 said:

For what the Packers got for Dix and Ty it is clear to me the Packers are simply sellers this year and are trying to accumulate draft picks. My question is who plays safety now. 

There's a thread for exactly that question.

14 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

He said almost exactly as much in his presser this morning.

2 minutes ago, Howler said:

Everyone is whispering in the NFL circles that McCarthy is probably gone if they don't qualify.  Gute probably wants his guy. 

With the GB front office structure as it is, Gute will need to go through Murphy to have MM relieved of coaching and then have Murphy hire "his guy".  

What happens if MM goes to Murphy and says that he wants "his guy" as GM and Murphy sides with the "highly successful coach"?

15 minutes ago, squire12 said:

With the GB front office structure as it is, Gute will need to go through Murphy to have MM relieved of coaching and then have Murphy hire "his guy".  

What happens if MM goes to Murphy and says that he wants "his guy" as GM and Murphy sides with the "highly successful coach"?

If that happens I get a new team to cheer on.  It won't happen .. Gute is much safer in his spot than McCarthy is in his.  Gute was actually hired by Murphy.  What I think will happen is that there will be a parting of the ways between the Packers and McCarthy at years end. 

6 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

Just trying to make the point that the packers have done well getting IOL in rounds 4-5. Of course thy could also get another Barbre. Why not be positive at this point?

Everyone is going bright side. I feel like I'm in an alternative universe and now I'm the evil one with a goatee.

8 minutes ago, Norm said:

Everyone is going bright side. I feel like I'm in an alternative universe and now I'm the evil one with a goatee.

I don't think many fans are happy that we're getting rid of a starter for a 4th round pick while we're trying to win the division. But the reason is clear and makes sense, and we haven't had a chance to see who will step in to take those snaps. The tune will change real quick if the secondary falls on their faces now

Archived