Week 8: Saints (5-1) at VIKINGS (4-2-1)

swede700

Drew Brees has averaged 312.60 yds passing vs. the Vikings in his career (regular season only). How many yds will he pass for this week?   

31 members have voted

1. 1. Drew Brees has averaged 312.60 yds passing vs. the Vikings in his career (regular season only). How many yds will he pass for this week?

• 0 - 245 yds (his average vs. the Vikings in the playoffs)
    • 246 - 312 yds
    • 313+ yds

21 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

That's not really a fair point to make. Cousins was a 4th round pick drafted to be the backup to RGIII. Teddy was drafted to be the guy, without question. Cousins eventually replaced RGIII and proved to be the better long term QB for the Redskins. Teddys job was mostly handed to him (that's not to say he didn't work to earn it) but injuries derailed his career to a what could have been story.

Derek Carr and Dak Prescott were both once thought to be the next great QBs, but they regressed. Experience and progressing are not always correlated.

We don't know what Teddy would have been without injury, but really, we don't even know what Teddy is now. We'd have to see him play a few games and he hasn't been put into an opportunity where that was real option.

First-year Vikings assistant coach Terence Newman has been working extra hours this week preparing cornerback Holton Hill for the possibility that he’ll have to start in place of the injured Xavier Rhodes in Sunday night’s game against the Saints at U.S. Bank Stadium.

Hill:  “Terence said I need to be on my ‘A’ game this week. Drew Brees is going to know our defense as good as we do, so you need to know it as good as Drew Brees does. I was 4 when [Brees] started playing in the NFL. It’s an unbelievable feeling to actually be on the same field as him. It’s a blessing. I’ll cherish each and every opportunity.”

Zimmer: “I’m not really worried about Hill as far as the game being too big for him. If he has to play, I feel like he’s a competitor. He’s going to get in some matchups that may not be great. I like this kid.”

http://www.startribune.com/rookie-cornerback-holton-hill-says-he-won-t-be-in-awe-of-drew-brees/498600691/

There’s good news in that nose tackle Linval Joseph (ankle/knee) and left tackle Riley Reiff (foot) were limited again in practice and appear ready to return Sunday. Joseph missed last week’s game, while Reiff has missed the past two games.

http://www.startribune.com/rookie-cornerback-holton-hill-says-he-won-t-be-in-awe-of-drew-brees/498600691/

1 minute ago, Nozizaki said:

I'm surprised Rhodes and Barr are both on track to play Sunday. Would be a huge plus for us, and those two may just be the slight difference we need. I thought I heard Rhodes was still limping around Wednesday, though....?

Five injured starters, including three on defense, missed practice again Thursday: linebacker Anthony Barr(hamstring), cornerback Xavier Rhodes(foot), safety Andrew Sendejo (groin), running back Dalvin Cook (hamstring) and left guard Tom Compton (knee).

Archived