Raiders trade WR Amari Cooper to Cowboys for a 2019 1st

RaidersAreOne

2 hours ago, true2form said:

This.

Only time will tell, but so far I'm seeing the same pedestrian numbers and "decoy" hope.  I think that's just who he is.  Extremely talented player that can have a monster game here and there, but will never be the consistent threat week in and week out.

For the record, I don't mind seeing him or Mack succeed on their new teams.  Obviously want the teams to lose for better draft picks, but they can ball out all they want. Good for them.

Cowboy fans will justify it any way they can. They went into the anger stage, currently in the denial stage, and soon the acceptance stage. 

On 10/22/2018 at 12:43 PM, Frankie2Gunz said:

Anyone who doesn't like this move needs to have their head examined.  1st for an average WR wo is in the last year of his contract seeking top WR money.  Highway robbery by the Raiders.  Finally something to be pumped up about.  

I'm a bit bummed bc I wont be able to call out homers and bash him for being an over drafted, over hyped, bad hands, soft WR.  Maybe I'll start to hang out on the Cowgirls forum and tell them how they were ripped off and to prepare to pay him big bucks only to disappoint the fan base. 

On 10/22/2018 at 12:18 PM, BayRaider said:

Wow!! Can’t believe the Cowboys are this dumb. I was expecting a 2nd and thinking that was a steal. You can definitey get a better WR in the 1st (although hope we don’t draft a WR in the first). 

I’m in shock we got a 1st. 5 1st Round Picks in two years, this is how you build a franchise ladies and gentlemen. 

His last couple games before this one weren’t great either. Honestly, if one of those three dbs near him on that 90 yarder makes a tackle, it’s like a 15 yard play. 

He will have big games but he is not at AB, Odell, or Hopkins level and shouldn’t be paid as so. He pretty much costed us the Denver and Miami games due to drops and giving up on routes. 

Yall are hilarious. Cooper has opened up dallas whole offense. Just look at Elliott and dak numbers since he joined. He doing exactly what yall complain about that we dont have, when defending carr this season. He not Odell, Jones Hopkins, those are hall of fame guys. But cooper stats with cowboys play out to a top 10 wr over the season. Thas good enough. Plus he removes the stack in box for Elliott. And he opens things up for Cole. Fact is when we had quality coaches cooper was a pro bowl wr. You can do a lot worse with a 1st rd pick. And now he might not have to learn a different system, worry about a qb throwing him 1 target, or where his team might play its home games. He is enjoying himself. He gonna ball. 

1 minute ago, dante9876 said:

Yall are hilarious. Cooper has opened up dallas whole offense. Just look at Elliott and dak numbers since he joined. He doing exactly what yall complain about that we dont have, when defending carr this season. He not Odell, Jones Hopkins, those are hall of fame guys. But cooper stats with cowboys play out to a top 10 wr over the season. Thas good enough. Plus he removes the stack in box for Elliott. And he opens things up for Cole. Fact is when we had quality coaches cooper was a pro bowl wr. You can do a lot worse with a 1st rd pick. And now he might not have to learn a different system, worry about a qb throwing him 1 target, or where his team might play its home games. He is enjoying himself. He gonna ball. 

I’m happy for him and rooting him on (just want the Cowboys to lose this year obv). I still think we will win this trade cause you will have to pay Cooper like an Odell or AJ and he is definitely not one of those guys. While we can lock up a rookie for a cheap 5 years. The Mack trade is another story...

1 hour ago, NJ Raider said:

His last couple games before this one weren’t great either. Honestly, if one of those three dbs near him on that 90 yarder makes a tackle, it’s like a 15 yard play. 

He will have big games but he is not at AB, Odell, or Hopkins level and shouldn’t be paid as so. He pretty much costed us the Denver and Miami games due to drops and giving up on routes. 

You’re literally just looking at the box score there and even his stats say 3/4 games have been productive.  The last week DAL didn’t need him becaythey were dominating on the ground.

Yes he’s probably not Julio, OBJ, AJ Green, Hopkins but he’s just below that group talent wise.

2 hours ago, dante9876 said:

Facts. 

Amari will be one of the better WRs in the league for a long time. I dont put much stock into his inconsistencies here, I blame our quarterback and coaches mostly for that. Amari is one of the 10 most talented receivers in the league, has the work ethic, his head on straight and now he seems happier. He will be a consistent playmaker in this league.

2 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

That being said, I'm still not all that bummed out by the trade. If we weren't going to use him right or commit to throwing to him consistently, you might as well trade him.

But the fans out there trying to diminish Amari's talent look bitter, or read too much of Frankie's posts.

I agree.  I do not know what happened with him but it looked like he did not want to be here or somebody influential did not want him here.  You could say dropping passes stopped him from being targeted but that was not the case with our other WRs.  Cooper is also ranked 19th, just ahead of Cook, in catches/targets for the top 50 receivers.  He ranked 13th when we traded him but had received 5 targets or fewer 4 out of the first 6 games.  It does not make sense unless there is something behind the scenes that we do not know about.

1 hour ago, drfrey13 said:

I agree.  I do not know what happened with him but it looked like he did not want to be here or somebody influential did not want him here.  You could say dropping passes stopped him from being targeted but that was not the case with our other WRs.  Cooper is also ranked 19th, just ahead of Cook, in catches/targets for the top 50 receivers.  He ranked 13th when we traded him but had received 5 targets or fewer 4 out of the first 6 games.  It does not make sense unless there is something behind the scenes that we do not know about.

This is exactly what i never understood. He will keep up his play with DAL. Why? Cuz he's averaging around 8-9 targets per game since they traded for him. Dak is actually giving him chances to make plays in tight/double coverage downfield. Dallas is simply using him like Musgrave did and giving him opportunities.

And to whoever said he's already disappeared for one game(ATL), he didnt. The coverage was shifted toward him. He still had 8 targets on a day where Zeke had 30 touches and Dak barely threw for 200 yards.

You have to remember, he's still got Dak throwing to him, Linehan calling plays, and Terrence Williams/Allen Hurns opposite him. He's the receiver commanding by far the most attention on his new team.

Im happy for him and i hope he tears it up his whole career. Same with Mack.

Hate to do this, but imagine if we kept musgrave and Murray. What would our offense look like right now? Jdr would probably still be there which means we probably would have still had Mack. We probably would still be stuck in 8-10 win purgatory but who knows?

I don’t think Carr and coop had great chemistry. Seems like he is tight with Dak already. Probably because Dak actually throws to him. The 2017 off season really killed us.

Archived