Raiders trade WR Amari Cooper to Cowboys for a 2019 1st

RaidersAreOne

19 minutes ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Hasn't he always been like that? Used to like back shoulders and fades. Loves Cook. Crab was more of a go get the ball WR than Coop who was more finesse.

I’ve always wondered about two capable Pass catching TE would be perfect for the guy Brate and Howard, or Ertz and Goedert. At the time getting Jimmy Graham and pairing him with another TE. Basically copycat the Pats at the time. 

17 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

3 games?  How about his first 4 years in the league?  The dude has been a bust and I've heard every excuse in the book about why Cooper has disappointed. 

It was Carr, no wait it was Crabs, hold on it was JDR, wait a second it was Olsen, how about Gruden, maybe it was RM holding him back.  I've heard every excuse and the homers insist it was some conspiracy holding Cooper back from wearing the yellow jacket the homers insist he will wear.  Did it ever occur to you that Cooper is just an average WR who was an over drafted hype machine?  

I came to the collusion that Cooper is above average in every aspect of a WR but is great and none of it.

17 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

3 games?  How about his first 4 years in the league?  The dude has been a bust and I've heard every excuse in the book about why Cooper has disappointed. 

It was Carr, no wait it was Crabs, hold on it was JDR, wait a second it was Olsen, how about Gruden, maybe it was RM holding him back.  I've heard every excuse and the homers insist it was some conspiracy holding Cooper back from wearing the yellow jacket the homers insist he will wear.  Did it ever occur to you that Cooper is just an average WR who was an over drafted hype machine?  

Yeah because nobody's ever had a change of scenery then balled out!

7 hours ago, SimonGruber said:

I’ve always wondered about two capable Pass catching TE would be perfect for the guy Brate and Howard, or Ertz and Goedert. At the time getting Jimmy Graham and pairing him with another TE. Basically copycat the Pats at the time. 

Honestly I'm sitting over here hoping OJ Howard and the Bucs dont workout and somehow we get him. Have been since they drafted him.

On 11/26/2018 at 4:28 PM, Frankie2Gunz said:

How about 2 probowls?

2 hours ago, raidr4life said:

How about 2 probowls?

Matt Cassel, Vince Young, Elvis Gerbac, Trent Dilfer and Braylon Edwards all have made the pro bowl.  I'm not sure what your point is. 

You know what's funny is after 1 big game all the homers come out to crow.  Same thing used to happen when he was with the Raiders. He was a disappointment at 4 overall, is at best an above average WR who has a big game then disappears for weeks on end.  

Cooper averages 883 yards per season and 5 tds...  Slap a yellow jacket on him lol

On 11/26/2018 at 12:24 PM, Bitty 2.0 said:

So you think the rule changes that allow WRs to run free down the field and  limited hitting of the QBs is going to make a Hall of Fame QB from the 90s worse? 

I said Alex Smith has the better stats and Aikman had better players around him so if they played in the same time period Smith would be considered better by a large margin.  I still consider Aikman the better QB even though he had a better cast and worse numbers because Smith has played in an era that is easier for offenses to put up big numbers.  I think you misread or misunderstood my post.  Aikman is better than Smith in my mind and I am sure 99% of posters would say his numbers would easily increase if he played in today's game.

The only thing I do not like about Cooper is the price tag he will command after what Watkins got.  There are some that saw what was going on here with Cooper and some that refuse to admit it.  Week in and week out he would dominate without the ball being thrown to him.  Then Carr finally would and Cooper had already packed it in and would start dropping balls.  He has shown his entire college and pro career he does best when you get him involved early and often.  I understand Carr would see the D role their coverage over to Cooper and look to the other side once the ball was snapped but Cooper would still beat the coverage and Carr would not look back to his side.  The problem was not Cooper but Carr.  Unfortunately we will have to see what he was capable of on another team.  The best example I have seen of the problem between Cooper and Carr was against the Jags and Cooper was matched up on Ramsey.  Cooper was winning all day long but Carr only targeted him 5 time with 4 catches for 29 yards.

2 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Matt Cassel, Vince Young, Elvis Gerbac, Trent Dilfer and Braylon Edwards all have made the pro bowl.  I'm not sure what your point is. 

You know what's funny is after 1 big game all the homers come out to crow.  Same thing used to happen when he was with the Raiders. He was a disappointment at 4 overall, is at best an above average WR who has a big game then disappears for weeks on end.  

Cooper averages 883 yards per season and 5 tds...  Slap a yellow jacket on him lol

That guy you called twice the receiver that Coop is, his average is 824 yds and 5 TDs per season over the same span with no 1,000 yard seasons...

54 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

The only thing I do not like about Cooper is the price tag he will command after what Watkins got.  There are some that saw what was going on here with Cooper and some that refuse to admit it.  Week in and week out he would dominate without the ball being thrown to him.  Then Carr finally would and Cooper had already packed it in and would start dropping balls.  He has shown his entire college and pro career he does best when you get him involved early and often.  I understand Carr would see the D role their coverage over to Cooper and look to the other side once the ball was snapped but Cooper would still beat the coverage and Carr would not look back to his side.  The problem was not Cooper but Carr.  Unfortunately we will have to see what he was capable of on another team.  The best example I have seen of the problem between Cooper and Carr was against the Jags and Cooper was matched up on Ramsey.  Cooper was winning all day long but Carr only targeted him 5 time with 4 catches for 29 yards.

We didn't target him as a team (i don't think he was schemed right). Zeke allows him 1v1 coverage and they are committed to throwing to him. I wouldn't pay him the 18-19 million he'll get on the market though.

Archived