Is that the light at the end of the tunnel? (O.T. Thread)

zelbell

14 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

My step mother has lost 4 dogs in 20 years, she keeps getting new ones. 

Not to replace the old ones in a negative way, but getting a new one just kind of helps her move forward. 

I was frickin wrecked when our dog and cat died. Our cat was a shaun Roger's equivalent sized beast, he wrecked other cats sprawled out like a pimp and died rwalt3d to his obesity.

My cat was a fat beast too. Acted and looked more like a small dog really. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Reginaldm9 said:

My cat was a fat beast too. Acted and looked more like a small dog really. 

Wife has 3 cats, 3 pseudo dogs (tiny rescues with serious health problems) and two rabbits.

Never had pets growing up...my mother loathed animals and that rubbed off on me.

Have grown attached to one of the cats, however.

She is a beautiful animal, doesn't make noise or messes.

Sleeps between my legs at night to stay warm.

I have to go outside to smoke on our patio.

Used to be that she would try to get out as I was going in or out.

Then we made a deal.

If she didn't try to spring out, I usually would give her a good scratching/rubbing. 

So the routine now is as I come back in from smoking she sprawls out to receive her scratch/rub and I do not have to be on guard against her trying to get out.

She is getting old.

I am making a point of honoring the bargain more regularly as I know she likes it and won't be around to get it too much longer.

The moral of the story: Best way I can relate is to say show them you appreciate them while they are here and not rue when they are gone.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Reginaldm9 said:

Anyone have experience with coping after pet loss? Lost my cat to cancer yesterday and I've been kind of aimlessly searching for ways to help the sting subside. Everywhere I look and everyone I talk to says that time is really just it. Idk.

I know I just come on here to talk **** because most of my friends don't give a damn about football, but you guys have indirectly given me a lot of wisdom and advice over the years. I'd appreciate anything anyone can offer up, even in a PM if you'd like to keep things private. 

Losing a pet sucks. Lost my cat a few months ago to kidney failure. Just happened out of no where. Honestly sometimes the best thing to do is just get another one. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Reginaldm9 said:

Anyone have experience with coping after pet loss? Lost my cat to cancer yesterday and I've been kind of aimlessly searching for ways to help the sting subside. Everywhere I look and everyone I talk to says that time is really just it. Idk.

I know I just come on here to talk **** because most of my friends don't give a damn about football, but you guys have indirectly given me a lot of wisdom and advice over the years. I'd appreciate anything anyone can offer up, even in a PM if you'd like to keep things private. 

I would say, adopt another one. You know your cat had a pretty good life. Go make sure another cat has another good life. Don’t let them get stuck in a shelter. 

I am absolutely dreading the day where I’ll have to put my dog down or fine him passed. He is starting to get older. He is a cockapoo and only have a life expectancy of 14-18years old and he is prolly 10 now and we rescued him when he was 4-5. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

That finale, and more specifically last season, of GoT was a rushed turd.  

So disappointing.

I was fine with the first 5 episode. I was actually fine with the finale the first 45mins or so. I dont want to mention anything specific yet for spoilers. If they would have ended it at that point, I thought it would have been fine but nope they ruined it. 

It was literally the safest way you could have played a finale, which sucks because the show literally never played it safe. I can’t wait to read the new books so I can have a proper ending in my ending.

Horrible ending up there with Lost, Sons of Anarchy, Dexter, and Weeds. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I was fine with the first 5 episode. I was actually fine with the finale the first 45mins or so. I dont want to mention anything specific yet for spoilers. If they would have ended it at that point, I thought it would have been fine but nope they ruined it. 

I thought the first 3 were good, the last 3 were a rushed mess.  It was TBS level television.

It was literally the safest way you could have played a finale, which sucks because the show literally never played it safe. I can’t wait to read the new books so I can have a proper ending in my ending.

Agreed.  Completely out of character for the whole show, much like the whole season tbh.

Yep.  Seven amazing season, 3 good episodes and 3 episodes that leave a horrific taste in your mouth.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Lost slander will not be tolerated. 

• Like 1

Yeah this final season was disappointing. Things felt rushed and certain aspects of the storyline simply didn't make a whole lot of sense. I didn't think the finale was terrible, but it was underwhelming. But considering how things were setup with the previous episodes, I actually would have been a bit surprised if the finale turned out to be good.

Either way, Breaking Bad > GoT.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Yeah this final season was disappointing. Things felt rushed and certain aspects of the storyline simply didn't make a whole lot of sense. I didn't think the finale was terrible, but it was underwhelming. But considering how things were setup with the previous episodes, I actually would have been a bit surprised if the finale turned out to be good.

Either way, Breaking Bad > GoT.

Agreed, Breaking Bad is still the the goat.

Sad really, it should be GoT should be at the top.  They could have made that thing 10 seasons and not run out of material.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Agreed, Breaking Bad is still the the goat.

Sad really, it should be GoT should be at the top.  They could have made that thing 10 seasons and not run out of material.

Agreed. At the very least they should have made this season longer. As I said, a big problem was that everything seemed rush. For example, Danny's descent into becoming the Mad Queen -- it seemed rush when it should have been something that slowly happened over time - like over the course of a season or two. Just IMO.

7 minutes ago, DawgX said:

Agreed. At the very least they should have made this season longer. As I said, a big problem was that everything seemed rush. For example, Danny's descent into becoming the Mad Queen -- it seemed rush when it should have been something that slowly happened over time - like over the course of a season or two. Just IMO.

I agree completely, the pacing was awful and inconsistent with the first seven seasons.  

The other season develop characters and had clever plot twists.  This was predictable, basic, explained poorly, lacked detail, etc. all on top of being incredibly rushed. So many things left unexplained and unaddressed.  Lots of storylines that were built up over seasons just turned on their head and wrapped in 1-2 episodes.

So dumb...

• Like 1