Is that the light at the end of the tunnel? (O.T. Thread)

zelbell

39 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah, don’t.

You have no idea how much I don’t want to go. 

My wife has a work trip down there. So she decided to turn it into a family vacation. Which means it’ll be me and a 1 year old in a hotel in Arizona all damn day for a week. 

Edited by sdrawkcab321

2 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

You have no idea how much I don’t want to go. 

My wife has a work trip down there. So she decided to turn it into a family vacation. Which means it’ll be me and a 1 year old in a hotel in Arizona all damn day for a week. 

Take the kid golfing.

That will give you a whole 'nuther set of fans.

4 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Phoenix. Staying downtown. Won’t have a car since wife will be using it for work. So I’m kinda stuck. I guess I could explore the city but who the hell wants to walk around the desert with a baby?

I’ve heard this is a thing now.

https://www.uber.com

I remember you mentioning you’re not a fat slob, so hiking Camelback is cool (not literally obviously).

Is there a grandparent that wants a little one for a while so you and the mrs can get away?

My wife and I did that once.  She had a work conference in Coral Gables and I went and drank mojitos and ate ceviche and cubanos by the pool all day.  It was a great time.  Until my wife was done with her conference anyway.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’ve heard this is a thing now.

https://www.uber.com

I remember you mentioning you’re not a fat slob, so hiking Camelback is cool (not literally obviously).

Is there a grandparent that wants a little one for a while so you and the mrs can get away?

My wife and I did that once.  She had a work conference in Coral Gables and I went and drank mojitos and ate ceviche and cubanos by the pool all day.  It was a great time.  Until my wife was done with her conference anyway.

Never used Uber. Not really interested. I may go hiking. We tried to get her mom to come with us or to watch the baby but she can’t get the time off work. So it’s me and the little one. I have no issues with that just trying to figure out things to do with a baby. I may take her to the pool but she has the complexion of a piece of paper so that may require every drop to sunblock in the city. 

9 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Never used Uber. Not really interested.

Holy hell youre missing out.  I hadn’t either until my wife’s daughter made me download it last summer and it’s the simplest and greatest thing ever.  You don’t even need your wallet, you pay through everything on the app.  It’s significantly easier and better than a cab, which is pretty damned easy.  It’s perfect for vacations (which is the only time I use it).

9 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I may go hiking. We tried to get her mom to come with us or to watch the baby but she can’t get the time off work. So it’s me and the little one. I have no issues with that just trying to figure out things to do with a baby. I may take her to the pool but she has the complexion of a piece of paper so that may require every drop to sunblock in the city. 

Ask the concierge at the hotel (if it’s the type of hotel that has a concierge) about local entertainment options, it’s kinda their job to know that stuff. 

If not, TripAdvisor.

Rent a car and drive to Sedona?

Here’s this. 

https://www.visitphoenix.com/things-to-do/trip-ideas/family-fun/

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Holy hell youre missing out.  I hadn’t either until my wife’s daughter made me download it last summer and it’s the simplest and greatest thing ever.  You don’t even need your wallet, you pay through everything on the app.  It’s significantly easier and better than a cab, which is pretty damned easy.  It’s perfect for vacations (which is the only time I use it).

Ask the concierge at the hotel (if it’s the type of hotel that has a concierge) about local entertainment options, it’s kinda their job to know that stuff. 

If not, TripAdvisor.

Rent a car and drive to Sedona?

Here’s this. 

https://www.visitphoenix.com/things-to-do/trip-ideas/family-fun/

We’re staying in Sedona after the first week. We’re down there for 2 weeks. First in Phoenix for business then going to Sedona and the Grand Canyon. 

• Like 1

Monument Valley is a couple hours north of Sedona but it’s pretty incredible and it’s been featured in some pretty famous movies (Forrest Gump, Back to the Future III)

Monument Valley and Sedona are on my bucket list for whenever I decide to finally take a vacation that isn’t back to my parents house lol

17 minutes ago, zelbell said:

Monument Valley is a couple hours north of Sedona but it’s pretty incredible and it’s been featured in some pretty famous movies (Forrest Gump, Back to the Future III)

Monument Valley and Sedona are on my bucket list for whenever I decide to finally take a vacation that isn’t back to my parents house lol

Monument Valley is like 2 and a half hours NE from the Grand Canyon though.

If you’re willing to keep going north a bit up to Page, you can hike Antelope Canyon.