Is that the light at the end of the tunnel? (O.T. Thread)

zelbell

1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Bally needs to go away. I don’t understand how a company that isn’t carried on every cable service got a strangle hold on all of local sports. They can go to hell. 

I enjoy Luke Bouma's youtube channel (Cord Cutter's News)....and he said in the link that the RSN's are one of the most important channels for companies to carry on their platform, and that viewership isn't as high as one might think.  If you're streaming your TV, you have ONE option for the RSN's......DirecTVStream.

Damn, I miss Playstation Vue.  Fantastic product, horrific marketing.

27 minutes ago, TypicalBrowns10 said:

There’s one movie you don’t need it for. I used my reference for the year. It’s gonna be a long 11 months.

I have subtitles on all the time.  I watch so many British detective shows (along with others) that I don't want to miss any of the colloquialisms, or other "slang" language.  

1 minute ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

I have subtitles on all the time.  I watch so many British detective shows (along with others) that I don't want to miss any of the colloquialisms, or other "slang" language.  

There’s nothing wrong with that. I dabbled into a few European shows on streams and needed them. I think that values his post more just on quality of shows.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, TypicalBrowns10 said:

There was way too many moments in that show. As good as it was for most of it. Like they couldn’t afford good mics?! How about lighting during the shows biggest fight scene?! What a joke.

I still feel awkward about binging that entire series in the span of about 8 weeks. 

Had to keep reminding myself that 12 REAL years had passed by the time the series wrapped up.

arya stark morgan GIFgame of thrones omg GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

10 hours ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

I still feel awkward about binging that entire series in the span of about 8 weeks. 

Had to keep reminding myself that 12 REAL years had passed by the time the series wrapped up.

arya stark morgan GIFgame of thrones omg GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

This is how legends are made. It was too difficult to stop watching. Could you imagine scratching your neck like a fiend waiting year to year for the next season?

• Like 2

On 1/8/2023 at 10:03 PM, Bucketheadsdad said:

I posted this in the GDT, but on second thought, I thought it might end up getting buried there.  

The AFL season kicks off in March, and as we know by our own @Kiwibrownand @hornbybrown, the NFL is a VERY popular sport in New Zealand.  It is equally as popular in Australia, and there very passionate fans of the game there as well.  

As some of you may know, I've been doing a podcast on Australian Rules Football since December 2019.  It isn't huge (just about at 40,000 total downloads through 266 episodes), but I've been able to build a pretty solid group of people who listen week in and week out.  Many of them are huge NFL fans, and as the post below says, I'm going to be hosting a "roundtable" discussion with Australian NFL fans (and hopefully American NFL fans who are open to checking out the AFL), to chat about why NFL fans would love the AFL.  The season runs from mid-March through the end of September (I haven't watched an Indians/Guardians game in over two years now.)  

During the season, FS1/FS2 and FoxSoccerPlus generally carry a half dozen of the 9 games each weekend.  

If you are interested at all, drop me a note in the messages here, or you can find the podcast on Twitter and Instagram.  We'll probably be doing this in late January or early February.  I'm going to be doing preview episodes with all 18 of the clubs over the next month or so.  I'm sharing a google doc here with some youtube videos that might interest you.  

4 of the AFL/NFL episodes recorded.  I think you might just enjoy them!  Also have recorded 12 of the 18 club preview interviews over the last 2 1/2 weeks, with another tomorrow, one next week, and 4 just about ready to schedule.  Some great NFL fans talking about the symbiotic relationship the two competitions share.