Is that the light at the end of the tunnel? (O.T. Thread)

zelbell

8 hours ago, candyman93 said:

There was a stampede in downtown Columbus last night because some jackasses threw firecrackers into a crowd. People thought they were gunshots.

Wasn't here, but sounds about par for the course nowadays. Not sure how they get this crap to stop

10 hours ago, candyman93 said:

There was a stampede in downtown Columbus last night because some jackasses threw firecrackers into a crowd. People thought they were gunshots.

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

Wasn't here, but sounds about par for the course nowadays. Not sure how they get this crap to stop

I know how to get this to stop but it will lead to a lot of people dead

22 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Firm Job Offer and Security Clearance came through today. Now I get to write a letter of resignation.

i-quit-mr-white-mr-white.gif

Congratulations my man!  You know I was fully going to say something like “thanks you’re doing your school and students a huge favor” but decided against it. But based on your e-personality I’m willing to bet you’re actually a pretty good teacher and your school is losing a good one.

But I’m not going to say that either as I don’t want your e-head to get any bigger. 

• Like 4

22 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Firm Job Offer and Security Clearance came through today. Now I get to write a letter of resignation.

i-quit-mr-white-mr-white.gif

About 5 years til I retire.  I think I'll be staying in the classroom.  :) Best of luck with your new gig.  

Still love my job about 98 1/2 days out every 100.  There are those rare occasions where I'd like to call in 'disinterested'.  Fortunately, I have about 270 sick days on the books, so if I need to call in "cough cough" (gifs aren't working for me :/ ) sick for 6 grading periods, I can do that.  ;)  (Won't do that though.  I've only taken 1 sick day in the past 5 years.  Hell, I gave away 10 of my sick days to a close friend who had two catastrophic illness/injuries in her family [she and I went to HS together, so I would have shared more if I could]...soon to be ex husband (don't read anything into that...happily married here) battling prostate cancer, and her son (age 22) had a stroke and it was almost 2 years before he regained his ability to walk).

• Like 3

4 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I applaud this man for being this petty

Timing was off imo.  I’m not gonna yell at 3am when I’m normally asleep, I’m gonna yell at 6am when I’m normally up and the jackasses who feel the need to light off fireworks all night are trying to sleep.