Bilal Powell placed on IR with career threatening neck injury

pwny

21 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

LeVeon Bell to Jets confirmed? Has to make them the most likely destination of any team that might be interested in trading.

AFC

1. Jets

2. Texans

3. Colts

NFC

1. Eagles

2. 49ers

3. Redskins

No way the 49ers are in that mess at all. Completely lost season, can't resign him, why rent him out for half the season? Jets could make some sense at 3-4, but I don't like their odds of making the playoffs, but they have clearly been interested from the start. I don't think the Texans would be contenders there either, though it wouldn't be the craziest thing. 

If I were the Bucs, I think I'd put a call in. They aren't fixing that defense, may as well try to get something going with the running game, control the clock more and try to keep the defense off the field altogether. 

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

No way the 49ers are in that mess at all. Completely lost season, can't resign him, why rent him out for half the season? Jets could make some sense at 3-4, but I don't like their odds of making the playoffs, but they have clearly been interested from the start. I don't think the Texans would be contenders there either, though it wouldn't be the craziest thing. 

If I were the Bucs, I think I'd put a call in. They aren't fixing that defense, may as well try to get something going with the running game, control the clock more and try to keep the defense off the field altogether. 

The Buccs have probably too little cap space to pay Bell for the remainder of the season. As for the other teams mentioned, there is not only cap space but incentive to win for their coaches may be fired without a playoff berth. The Texans for example may want to see if they can get Bell. At most I think the Steelers will see a conditional third round pick that could increase to a second round pick if he ends up meeting certain milestones or re-signing in the offseason. Otherwise, there is no asset greater than a comp pick that makes sense for teams interested in Bell; the Steelers only have that much leverage because Bell cannot re-signed or negotiate a contract anymore until he is a free agent.

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

Very scary situation. Hopefully, they can get it resolved so that it's not debilitating with regards to just his every day life. Playing career is secondary to that. 

Just read it's worse than Enunwa's neck injury last season which was supposed to be career threatening. Hopefully Powell is okay.

1 minute ago, DoleINGout said:

The Buccs have probably too little cap space to pay Bell for the remainder of the season. As for the other teams mentioned, there is not only cap space but incentive to win for their coaches may be fired without a playoff berth. The Texans for example may want to see if they can get Bell. At most I think the Steelers will see a conditional third round pick that could increase to a second round pick if he ends up meeting certain milestones or re-signing in the offseason. Otherwise, there is no asset greater than a comp pick that makes sense for teams interested in Bell; the Steelers only have that much leverage because Bell cannot re-signed or negotiate a contract anymore until he is a free agent.

The Bucs have almost 6.5 million in space. Bell's tag was 14.5 million, I believe. Season is nearly half over. Their portion of the cap hit would be a little more than half of what is left. I'm sure that they could find a way to finagle a couple of million dollars in cap space. Pretty easy with a possible restructure of someone already on the roster. 

9 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

Just read it's worse than Enunwa's neck injury last season which was supposed to be career threatening. Hopefully Powell is okay.

No that was never reported.  Everything they said was that he would make a full recovery.  

Wish Powell the best.  Was a really nice RB for a long time here in NY.

42 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

LeVeon Bell to Jets confirmed? Has to make them the most likely destination of any team that might be interested in trading.

AFC

1. Jets

2. Texans

3. Colts

NFC

1. Eagles

2. 49ers

3. Redskins

Jets have McGuire comign back week 9 and Crowell still (even though he's banged up).  They also want to get some snaps for Cannon their explosive rookie RB.

As long as Crowell can get healthy a trio of him McGuire and Cannon will be fine.  

I want nothing to do with Bell.

Jets should be looking to pry Vernon from the Giants.  That's the move I prefer.

2 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

No that was never reported.  Everything they said was that he would make a full recovery.  

Mixed his up with something I heard then.

2 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

Jets have McGuire comign back week 9 and Crowell still (even though he's banged up).  They also want to get some snaps for Cannon their explosive rookie RB.

As long as Crowell can get healthy a trio of him McGuire and Cannon will be fine.  

I want nothing to do with Bell.

Jets should be looking to pry Vernon from the Giants.  That's the move I prefer.

Point taken, I agree the Jets should be set. I think of the Jets trading for Bell as almost a panic move to help Darnold develop and hopefully entice him to stay.

Archived