The Wire mafia - Game Over! The Barksdale Gang controls Baltimore!

Whicker

Day 2

Dome – Matts (44), Bcb (46), Matts (49), Bcb (54)
Ragnarok – Bcb (70)
Squire – Matts (62)
Bcb – James (44), Dingo (57)
Pickle Rick – Matts (44), KSJ (71)
James 2.0 – Bcb (66)
Touch – Dingo (37), Bcb (63)
Khodder – Dome (37), Matts (40)
KSJ – Squire (53)
Swag – Bcb (46)
Matts – Ted (38), Dome (38), Bcb (58), Swag (67), Touch (68), KSJ (68), Ted (71), KSJ (71)
Ted
Dingo – Dome (56), Swag (67)

Vote Count:
5 Bcb – Swag, Dome, Touch, James, Rags
2 Matts – Khodder, Squire
2 KSJ – Pickle, Matts
1 Swag – Dingo
1 Dingo – Bcb
1 Squire – KSJ

Just now, Ragnarok said:

Give me a bit and I'll go back and read him.

I'm currently researching for my legal paper on the tax ramifications that Hurricane Maria had on Puerto Rico.  Which is not the quickest or easiest topic.  

Easy.  We mailed their forms out but apparantly the houses and mailboxes aren't there anymore so we got less tax money 

Paper written 

On 30/10/2018 at 11:06 PM, SwAg said:

I’m cautious of those who threw votes on me in a non-chaulant, half-serious fashion.  Likely paranoid, but I’ve been hounding the WF people (except Ted because I don’t remember anything about his Mafia play), but the consensus among that community would be better if I could be an early “vote, afk lol, oops mislynch, did i do that?” candidate.

So, I’m basically saying Rags, bcb, or Ted are scumbuckets with one of the votes on me. ??‍♂️

I started playing mafia here Swag, so we never played with each other

On 30/10/2018 at 11:09 PM, James said:

Its about Mookie, not your votes. Mookie is a really stable player later in the game, but rarely gets the chance to make it there because he's low activity d1.

Funny now that James replaced Mookie

On 30/10/2018 at 11:49 PM, Whicker said:

Dome – Pickle (12), Rags (15), Mookie (18), Jams (21), Mookie (24)
Ragnarok
Squire
– Matts (25)
Bcb
Orca
– Bcb (7), Dingo (12), Squire (13), Bcb (16)
Pickle Rick – Malf (6), Squire (12), Rags (18), Dingo (22)
James – Swag (16), KSJ (23)
Mookie – KSJ (6)
Touch – Swag (7), Dome (26)
Khodder – Rags (15)
KSJ – Rags (8), Orca (11)
Swag – Touch (8), Bcb (9), Malf (9), Bcb (16)
Malf – Pickle (6), Touch (6), Orca (8), Matts (11), Khodder (15), Swag (19), Touch (20), Matts (23)
Matts – Dingo (12)
Ted – Dingo (17)
Dingo – Swag (14), Dome (17)

Vote Count:
3 Dingo – Matts, Ted, Pickle
2 Bcb – Swag, Orca
2 KSJ – Mookie, Jams
2 Dome – Dingo, Touch

2 Matts – Malf, Squire
1 Orca – KSJ
1 Mookie – Dome
1 Rags – Khodder

1hr before voting deadline, James had no vote. In like 15 minutes, he had 3. Was a BW launched because someone in this vote count was in danger (bcb? ksj?)?

On 30/10/2018 at 11:50 PM, Ragnarok said:

James

I haven't liked his feel this game.  It seems like he is saying what he thinks he should as town.

Rags starts the BW, quickly followed by DIngo and Dome. I'm leaning civ for Dome, but Dingo and Rags I'm wary of

On 31/10/2018 at 12:16 AM, Pickle Rick said:

@Malfatron

Now that's a font difference

#fontgate 2.0

About the font gate. I noticed that Dome was really helpful in trying to clear/incriminate Swag. He's the one who made the tests and everything. I would believe scum would just skate by.

On 31/10/2018 at 2:48 AM, Matts4313 said:

Bringing this back to the forefront. 

You do realize that Malf read was you and I right?

On 31/10/2018 at 4:13 AM, theuntouchable said:

@Matts4313 did you kill orca? 

He was roleblocked, Touch should have known it at this point. touch posts so far have all seemed manufactured to me

20 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

I was. Ive been here the entire time. 

20 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

No. I want you to continue to harass me so that I can further prove how awful you and your brother are. 

That, or it is completely obvious I didnt do it on purpose.

You chose. 

I don't necessarily buy into the Matts train, but this inconsistency is concerning

19 hours ago, SwAg said:

And I'm not ignoring you, but I'd rather Ted come in here and incriminate himself further in my mind.

Sup

19 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

Are you implying that Ted assumed matts would be roleblocked or were you saying that you were assuming matts would be roleblocked?

Matts was roleblocked by inactivity. That's what I understood from Malf post

18 hours ago, SwAg said:

Matts missed the requirements to avoid roleblock on the first phase.  This implies that Matts has an even night ability.

The information asymmetry indicates that Mafia would not attempt to kill someone who is presumptively inactive.  Thus, Matts is likely to make it through N1, absent a Town kill, but the same rationale is applicable.

Matts read the thread and "liked" posts throughout to substantiate this position.  Thus, avoiding the potential for a mislynch based on inactivity, and serves as a means to placate suspicious masses.

bcb defended Matts as non-scum based on the fact he was roleblocked. 

Then, this occurred:

I think this is a freudian slip.  We know the starting ratio is 13:3:1.  Thus, the correct phrasing would be inquiring if I am the other, rather than an other.  Under my theory, this statement serves various purposes:

1.)  It plants the idea that the other is a somewhat innocuous entity, who is largely independent of the ultimate game outcome.

2.)  The "slip" is that Matt is aware of the potential for that number to increase, but postulated the sole known other is the independent.

3.)  He offered some reciprocity in the form of a soft defense of bcb, which may serve the purpose of buying him some good-faith with the killers.

And explains the anomalous previous behavior:

1.)  Matts was inactive because he has an even night recruitment, which would balance the recruitment ability in a 13:3:1 scenario with two factional kills occurring. 

(I will concede this is conclusion is somewhat flawed because without a second night to determine if this trajectory continues, then we will not know if it is balanced, but facially appears plausible)

2.)  bcb's defense would make sense because bcb is Mafia, and there is a 9/10 chance Matts is Town based on the fact bcb knows who his scummates are.  Thus, providing bcb with a quick "I told you so" to point toward if Matts is mislynched, but also providing him complete deniability if Matts rolls over Cult because he was roleblocked N1.

So, I'm convinced Matts is cult.  But regardless, bcb is scum.

I applaud the effort, but really your whole theory relies on the use of one article and the assumption that Matts was present last night and read the rules post. Too many assumptions here imho

16 hours ago, khodder said:

The Orca: Whicker and Dome

@Whicker you keep hurting my feelings

I started multiquote when I re-read everything but got interrupted IRL. I'll follow this up

33 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Swags asked for our top players list and the #1 target was hit. If you or I are hit N2, that is a huge red flag. 

We need to consolidate votes soon. I think @khodder and @Pickle Rick wont move, so we need at least 4 on someone else assuming mafia will jump on my BW (and they arent already there).

Lmao.  I kinda think you suck, so don’t worry ?

2 hours ago, DingoLadd said:

I'm still slightly hung over but I'm all caught up.

Swag. 

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Swag

At this point these two votes made little sense. Now matts we know he's bit loose in terms of voting so I'm not shocked. Dingo, different story.

1 hour ago, Pickle Rick said:

So to recap.  Swag comes about an item that would appear to implicate bcb as a cop.  He then soft claims to reveal it and push bcb.  Bcb then soft claims and then swag backs off a bit.  

I think the origin of the item and the soft claims are a bit suspect.  Could their soft claims be cover roles? Is swag someone who would try and pull this off if he were mafia? 

In the Railroad game Whicker provided us cover roles, so that's a possibility

44 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I am going back to TED he is present yet not posting. He was here during night, which is not a normal time for the frenchie. He is hiding but is well read up. I dont like it, there are too many signs. 

@TedLavie

I was logged in yesterday night as today is an off day in France, but I was (and probably will be tonight to) more focused on the BDL Trade Deadline day than anything else. Not sure where you got the sense that I was well read up since I wasn't though

Also, I don’t think bcb soft claimed?  I’m really not trying to be a **** since I’m new here, but are we reading the same thread?  I’ve explained why I had pause in unequivocal terms, as clear as I can possibly be.  Yet, there is still confusion.

Am I this lacking in clarity?  Someone tell me.

3 minutes ago, SwAg said:

Also, I don’t think bcb soft claimed?  I’m really not trying to be a **** since I’m new here, but are we reading the same thread?  I’ve explained why I had pause in unequivocal terms, as clear as I can possibly be.  Yet, there is still confusion.

Am I this lacking in clarity?  Someone tell me.

He did.

his claim stinks, but that’s not necessary bad

Archived