Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
CWood21

Preseason GDT: Falcons vs. Steelers

Recommended Posts

Freeman is out for this game and there has been RG position battle between Garland and Wes Schweitzer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, CWood21 said:

No GDT yet, you guys are slacking.

So whose watching the game @scar988, @coors, @Jgoldiscool, @BladeKor, @devils1854, @DrawABlank and @GSUeagles14?

What position battles are you keeping an eye on?  What are your expectations from your rookies?  Does Matt Ryan get much burn in this game?

RG is the big one. No other position battles are really for starting roles. Rookies should play the vast majority and I think Ryan gets a quarter at most.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hope to see Takk ballin' out. I'm still not that sold on him. Mostly interested in how the D will do. Hoping Duke Riley continues to play well, I think that guy has some legit potential.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really interested in watching Damontae Kazee.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As always, it will be interesting to see who gets snaps on the primary ST units to see who the coaches are assessing closely for roster spots.

I also want to see the DL up against a solid OL.

And the battle for swing tackle I guess, although I still hope we add a vet there.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, CWood21 said:

No GDT yet, you guys are slacking.

So whose watching the game @scar988, @coors, @Jgoldiscool, @BladeKor, @devils1854, @DrawABlank and @GSUeagles14?

What position battles are you keeping an eye on?  What are your expectations from your rookies?  Does Matt Ryan get much burn in this game?

Come back to me in September. Got better things to do than watch preseason football.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Kelsey Conway‏ @FalconsKelsey  3h3 hours ago

Injury report heading into #ATLvsPIT

1. Julio Jones/Devonta Freeman = out
2. Taylor Gabriel = undecided
3. Takk McKinley = likely

I tried sharing the tweet.

Edited by BladeKor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BladeKor said:

I tried sharing the tweet.

Copy and paste the URL address, and let the forum do the work for you.  It's pretty easy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, CWood21 said:

Copy and paste the URL address, and let the forum do the work for you.  It's pretty easy.

I thought I did that and just only posted a link instead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, DrawABlank said:

As always, it will be interesting to see who gets snaps on the primary ST units to see who the coaches are assessing closely for roster spots.

I also want to see the DL up against a solid OL.

And the battle for swing tackle I guess, although I still hope we add a vet there.

 

We added a vet; Alexis Pasztor. Dude was pretty legit for the Browns and I'm happy we snagged him in time because I'm fairly sure the Seahawks would have liked him now that Fant is out with an ACL tear.

I also want to pay some attention to the FB this game. I think losing Dimarco might be a bigger blow then many of us expected and I wasn't that impressed with our running game against the Phins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, DutchFalcon said:

We added a vet; Alexis Pasztor. Dude was pretty legit for the Browns and I'm happy we snagged him in time because I'm fairly sure the Seahawks would have liked him now that Fant is out with an ACL tear.

I also want to pay some attention to the FB this game. I think losing Dimarco might be a bigger blow then many of us expected and I wasn't that impressed with our running game against the Phins.

Yeah, I saw. I'm glad - the rest look fine as a 4th tackle or a PS player, but none of them look ready at this stage to keep Matt upright in a crucial game. Austin Pasztor isn't a world beater but he has starting experience and knows Mack from Cleveland IIRC.

Run looks in pre-season are always vanilla; that and as we rely more on misdirection and the quality of our backs to make an impact, then when it's a basic scheme and Ward / Hill it just isn't going to go well. We averaged 3.7 YPC last pre-season and Coleman was at 3.3 YPC; we're not going to know until Sark starts calling plays for real whether we can make it work.

Edited by DrawABlank

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, DrawABlank said:

Run looks in pre-season are always vanilla; that and as we rely more on misdirection and the quality of our backs to make an impact, then when it's a basic scheme and Ward / Hill it just isn't going to go well. We averaged 3.7 YPC last pre-season and Coleman was at 3.3 YPC; we're not going to know until Sark starts calling plays for real whether we can make it work.

I know all about how vanilla the pre-season calls can be. I'd still like to see Coleman/Renew block someone off his socks. DiMarco was pretty great for us last year. I'm really worried letting him walk will hurt during the year. Remember the running game with Turner took a deep down after Ovie Mughelli left.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, DutchFalcon said:

I know all about how vanilla the pre-season calls can be. I'd still like to see Coleman/Renew block someone off his socks. DiMarco was pretty great for us last year. I'm really worried letting him walk will hurt during the year. Remember the running game with Turner took a deep down after Ovie Mughelli left.

Part of that though, imo, was due to the fact that they ran Turner into the ground. Combine that with how heavy he played at and how many touches he got and it's easy to see why he wore down so fast. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jgoldiscool said:

Part of that though, imo, was due to the fact that they ran Turner into the ground. Combine that with how heavy he played at and how many touches he got and it's easy to see why he wore down so fast. 

Absolutely agreed. You really could tell he hit a wall at some point and with what I think were like 350+ touches a season it isn't a big suprise he got worn down fast. Still I think losing his pro bowl FB was a factor as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×