2019 Off-Season Roster Building: Free Agency & Draft

Mind Character

13 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

I’m in the rare group that likes Stanton as a veteran backup and would be happy pointing Tyrod down I-77 to another destination. I’d be fine with signing him if that’s what they decide at the market value though, whatever that is. Whatever they choose, he won’t make or break our surplus in salary cap. Ryan Fitzpatrick signed this past offseason for 1/$3M. I think he gets a little more than that somewhere. He’s not in the Bridgewater group because of the lack of long term developmental chances. It’s tough to say what the market for him will be. People thought McCarron would hit it big, and he ended up settling into Buffalo at 2/$10M.

To me Stanton sucks to muc and tyrod gives us a better chance of winning. I'd be happy to pay top tier QB money like 2 year 10 million type job.

Free Agency 

Released/Let Go 

Tretter,Collins,Taylor, and Carrie

DE - Frank Clark 

CB - Steve Nelson 

WR - Tyrell Williams 

Draft 

1. Quinnen Williams DT

2. David Edwards T

3. Khalil Hodges LB 

3. Riley Ridley WR  

4. Julian love CB 

5. Derrell Henderson RB

5. Johnnie Dixon WR

8 minutes ago, bosko1616 said:

Free Agency 

Released/Let Go 

Tretter,Collins,Taylor, and Carrie

DE - Frank Clark 

CB - Steve Nelson 

WR - Tyrell Williams 

Draft 

1. Quinnen Williams DT

2. David Edwards T

3. Khalil Hodges LB 

3. Riley Ridley WR  

4. Julian love CB 

5. Derrell Henderson RB

5. Johnnie Dixon WR

Looks pretty darned good. The only thing I'm not sure about is why you're cutting Tretter. I'd love to have an offensive line where JC Tretter is a swing man. I don't foresee us being so good on our line next year that he is completely expendable, especially since his contract is not very big. I hope Corbett works out as our starting center, or maybe he is destined to take over for Kevin Zeitler...?

50 minutes ago, bosko1616 said:

Draft 

1. Quinnen Williams DT

2. David Edwards T

3. Khalil Hodges LB 

3. Riley Ridley WR  

4. Julian love CB 

5. Derrell Henderson RB

5. Johnnie Dixon WR

I bet a majority of these guys will go earlier than you mocked them...except Johnnie Dixon, he's going undrafted IMO. 

Riley Ridley is criminally underused. He's got a #1 WR upside and I expect him to test pretty well, could go late first round, but I would guess 2nd round.

4 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Carrie played well vs julio

Tretter is better than last year.

That is the worst @bosko1616

I like William's and Frank Clark.

You realize three of the guys that let Tretter walk are in our front office. Tretter is replaceable and I highly doubt Dorsey’s going to let Corbett sit. Plus it only adds more to the cap to sign guys due contracts. 

7 hours ago, bosko1616 said:

You realize three of the guys that let Tretter walk are in our front office. Tretter is replaceable and I highly doubt Dorsey’s going to let Corbett sit. Plus it only adds more to the cap to sign guys due contracts. 

He is still cheap even next year, we save 5 million if we cut him. 
Start Corbett by all means, put JC on the bench, he can play c,g and RT, he is quick for an linemen. 

If our oline was, Robinson/ draftpick/fa tackle, ,bitonio, corbett, zeitler, Hubbard and our key reserves wee des and JC it would be a strong and deep group, 

16 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

He is still cheap even next year, we save 5 million if we cut him. 
Start Corbett by all means, put JC on the bench, he can play c,g and RT, he is quick for an linemen. 

If our oline was, Robinson/ draftpick/fa tackle, ,bitonio, corbett, zeitler, Hubbard and our key reserves wee des and JC it would be a strong and deep group, 

Yeah the idea of cutting talent to save cap space for no reason has to die.

Tretter is a competent player who’s signed for one more year.  Roll with him as a backup and he’ll come off the cap well before that space is needed.