2019 Off-Season Roster Building: Free Agency & Draft

Mind Character

5 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Eh, Mosley is better than anyone we have by a wide margin.

4x Pro Bowler, 4x All Pro (2nd team).  He’s a legit stud.  Kirksey and Schobert are nice players, but replaceable imo.

I'm tempted to snitchtag you to people like @buno67 with you acting like Schobert is meh, not like that Baltimore Raven. But I won't do that.

Also, my response was more based on how Schobert occasionally gets talked about like he is a top-10 LB in the league. I'm just curious if some other GM thinks that and would pay handsomely. 'Cause we already have Avery too. If we have two LBs stained, what happens to Kirksey THIS YEAR, as he isn't really cuttable. And I'd Avery just change of pace/PR only?

Edited by NudeTayne
  • Like 1

Just now, NudeTayne said:

I'm tempted to snitchtag you to people like @buno67 with you acting like Schobert is meh, not like that Baltimore Raven. But I won't do that.

Also, my response was more based on how Schobert occasionally gets talked about like he is a top-10 LB in the league. I'm just curious if some other GM thinks that and would pay handsomely.

I know it's just one stat, but PFF had him as the 11th ranked LB in 2018. I'm not sure that most GM's would say he's a top 10 LB, but I believe many would see him as an immediate upgrade. 

That being said, I'm fearful that he's limited to MLB. He played strongside backer in school, but I think he had to make the switch due to athleticism hindrances. I could be wrong. 

2 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Also, my response was more based on how Schobert occasionally gets talked about like he is a top-10 LB in the league. I'm just curious if some other GM thinks that and would pay handsomely.

Base don today he’d get 15-20 million a year, all guaranteed.  

Just now, Dawgpoun8017 said:

Schobert is good, Mosley is better and that’s not debatable 

This is more or less my point.  

• Like 1

Just now, BakerBakerTDMaker said:

I know it's just one stat, but PFF had him as the 11th ranked LB in 2018. I'm not sure that most GM's would say he's a top 10 LB, but I believe many would see him as an immediate upgrade. 

That being said, I'm fearful that he's limited to MLB. He played strongside backer in school, but I think he had to make the switch due to athleticism hindrances. I could be wrong. 

I'm definitely one who would rather trade Schobert for high value, assuming that's an option, than commit big $$$ long term. I agree with the others that Mosley>>>Schobert.

• Like 3

Just now, NudeTayne said:

I'm definitely one who would rather trade Schobert for high value, assuming that's an option, than commit big $$$ long term. I agree with the others that Mosley>>>Schobert.

I'd have no issues with that. No brainer. I just don't see Mosley being signed and us trying to move Joe out of position. My other concern with Joe is that he's always banged up. He may not miss the game, but he's clearly not 100% often. I'm just not so sure Scho is a long term answer. 

And now I'm talking myself into the Browns having to sign CJ Mosley. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, #32 said:

Joe Thomas live on Total Access.

Several reporters have Roby going to CLE 12M

I’d love Roby here but that’s a lot if we’re talking per season. I’d be happy if it’s a deal we could get out of after 2 years. 

36 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

I can't believe you. I thought you were wise enough to show Mr. Schobert more respect.

Edited by DawgX