2019 Off-Season Roster Building: Free Agency & Draft

Mind Character

1 hour ago, pnies20 said:

Muahahahaha

If it does It may Not be until the end of the week. 

How can the Browns even afford him? He is seeking a new contract in the 13m/yr range. I know the Browns have the 3rd highest cap room this season--but next year they drop all the way down to 22nd and thats before paying Myles Garrett. Im obviously not opposed to it I just dont really know how it all would work

22 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

How can the Browns even afford him? He is seeking a new contract in the 13m/yr range. I know the Browns have the 3rd highest cap room this season--but next year they drop all the way down to 22nd and thats before paying Myles Garrett. Im obviously not opposed to it I just dont really know how it all would work

We have a bunch of ways to free up cap, jarvis, Vernon, kirksey, carrie, all of  of which have trade value, bar kirksey have som trade value. 

I could see us getting 4ths for jarvis and Vernon, and a 5th for carrie

1 minute ago, Kiwibrown said:

We have a bunch of ways to free up cap, jarvis, Vernon, kirksey, carrie, all of  of which have trade value, bar kirksey have som trade value. 

Kirksey, Carrie and Hubbard will be gone after this year 100%

theres rumors there trying to trade Kirksey now. His contract sucks. Carrie and Hubbard are two avg. players that will clear up like 13 mil in space for next year.

8 minutes ago, pnies20 said:

Kirksey, Carrie and Hubbard will be gone after this year 100%

theres rumors there trying to trade Kirksey now. His contract sucks. Carrie and Hubbard are two avg. players that will clear up like 13 mil in space for next year.

I'm not sold Hubbard is gone, we would need a better rt and we dont jave one currently, they are also hard to find. 

Hubbard is solid vs the pass and below average vs the run. Similar to Robinson.

22 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Kirkesey I can see as well as Carrie, but I dont know about Vernon or Jarvis. If the Browns go to the playoffs this year--its most likely going to be because those two played well. They are the complements that free up their counterparts in OBJ/Myles. 

However even with the potential freeing up of space, there are others that have to get paid like Schobert, Hunt (if hes normal), Randall and Myles all next season. 

Which as Im typing this makes all the more sense to let Vernon go as well. The Browns are in for it next offseason, its going to be crazy to see them try to navigate ALL of those guys contracts.

Just now, bruceb said:

That's why DePodesta is still around and influential.

Then where tf was he when he made Jarvis Landry the 8th highest paid WR in football haha He should have been the one slapping the phone out of Dorseys hands. Granted, I think the overpay to get Landry here was worth it because he sort of started this whole shift in the right direction and culture change thing. So I guess that was just charged to his contract