WEEK 8 GB vs LAR post game discussion (L 27-29)

squire12

11 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

Agreed.  It speaks to football being a team sport, and a player's self interest should be above the interest of the team.  Teams win when players focus on doing their job- big or small- accept the role that is given and do their best with focus and discipline.

It was a selfish response by Montgomery.  He put himself above the team.  

Adds new meaning to the phrase "do your job".

Yes, you can't have insubordinates in your locker room.  We didn't put up with D. Randall's nonsense either.

2 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Yep.  Montgomery should be traded or cut.  He provides nothing that we need.  The only thing that sucks is the team who would give the most for him is the team we play right after the trade deadline. 

Yeah, his value today after that article has to be pretty poopy. Just trade him somewhere for a conditional 7th and sign a 3rd RB we will never use

I avoided posting yesterday, but man. This year has taken it's toll on me. I was so upset the entire first half despite being up 10 against the best team in the league, on the road. Being this upset about a sport is unhealthy, but at least I'm not as bad as I was a few years ago. 

From PackersWire:

Alexander stepped up on the biggest stage against the NFL’s best offense and proved he has what it takes – in terms of athleticism, ball skills and coverage ability – to handle routes of all kinds from one of the league’s quickest and most dangerous deep threats. The Packers lost Sunday but the future at cornerback couldn’t look any brighter. In a city of stars, Alexander fit right in.

Edit: I'd add "attitude" to that list attributes. He's got what it takes upstairs to succeed as a DB in the NFL.

So Ty is pissed because McCarthy deviated from his iron-clad 3-back rotation system on the last offensive series of the game.

The one where the Pack was up 1 point with a chance to eat clock and or add to their lead.

On first down, with old #88 in the backfield, the Rams DLine pinned their ears back and came on the rush ignoring the threat of a run out of Ty and Aaron was forced to rush a dump off to Ty that went nowhere.

Panicking because as the world could see the Rams had zero respect for Ty in the backfield McCarthy inserts Aaron Jones for a single running play that gains 4 yards and leads to a 3rd and 6. 

Ty is then re-inserted and completely whiffs on his blocking assignment -- as a runner, Ty is no Jones and as a blitz pick up guy he is no Williams.

Ty then slams his helmet on the sideline over the unfairness of it all. I mean McCarthy has repeatedly clear that the 3-back rotation is absolutely critical to the team's success and yet Ty got pulled, at a critical juncture, for 1 play during his designation rotation assignment.

Ty then shows McCarthy and the Packers organization just how important he can be by nearly getting to the 21-yard line before coughing up the fumble - his incomparable speed and elusiveness on display the whole way.

Ty is a 4th year wide receiver, I mean running back, who is a below average runner and pass blocker. He probably has a role in an offense that actually throws to RBs (that offense has not been in GB in 10+ years) but has virtually no role here and now has gone rogue.

Funny we are playing the Patriots this week, because my thought immediately went to there is no way Belichek would put up with this BS from such a marginal player. He'd be gone today. We'll see what happens in GB under Gute.

18 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

Yeah, his value today after that article has to be pretty poopy. Just trade him somewhere for a conditional 7th and sign a 3rd RB we will never use

We can use Cobb out of the backfield in place of Monty.  No reason to keep him around.  He's not a critical player to our success, and cutting him actually send a stern message to the team. 

6 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

We can use Cobb out of the backfield in place of Monty.  No reason to keep him around.  He's not a critical player to our success, and cutting him actually send a stern message to the team. 

Don't get me wrong, I don't want any more snaps from him, at least as KR. I would be totally fine with cutting him, especially if we trade a pick for someone today. I just don't see us doing it. I think Devante Mays is still on the Browns PS so we could add him as RB3

I was at the game and was pretty disappointed  with the use of the crowd.  I mean, it's 75% packers fans and the Packers fans are cheering when they're on offense.   The staff needs to figure this out and convey it to the team.  Total waste of a rare home field advantage on the road.

I'm glad it was a close, competitive game against the best team in the league on the road.  Sure, we once again snatched defeat from the jaws of victory, but many were posting this as a loss ahead of the game anyways, so let's put into perspective that a few key plays killed this game but we were that close.  On to NE - maybe our boys can learn from their long-held discipline of "do your job". 

Archived