WEEK 8 GB vs LAR post game discussion (L 27-29)

squire12

Man, have we had some frustrating losses this year. I’m used to them in the playoffs, but not throughout the regular season this often. 

If this was a 5-1 team going into yesterday and we lost in that same fashion, I’d be feeling pretty good and itching for a rematch in the playoffs. But that loss puts us in a position where I can’t see this team making the playoffs unless we get another Rodgers table run. 

2 minutes ago, Siv said:

Man, have we had some frustrating losses this year. I’m used to them in the playoffs, but not throughout the regular season this often. 

If this was a 5-1 team going into yesterday and we lost in that same fashion, I’d be feeling pretty good and itching for a rematch in the playoffs. But that loss puts us in a position where I can’t see this team making the playoffs unless we get another Rodgers table run. 

You know they will go on a streak to save the season and McCarthy's job .. it's inevitable.

1 minute ago, {Family Ghost} said:

You know they will go on a streak to save the season and McCarthy's job .. it's inevitable.

Outside of the Rams/Saints/Redskins every team in the NFC has 3 or more losses. The Packers have a team that can make a run, I'd be pretty shocked if they don't make the playoffs honestly. 

Still can't get over running up the gut with 8 guys on the ball.  Even if you don't get a safety there you probably aren't getting much more than a yard which still isn't much breathing room.  Just like every time we are at the other teams 1 or 2 if we run it's with a formation like that.

Just now, Stevein2012 said:

Still can't get over running up the gut with 8 guys on the ball.  Even if you don't get a safety there you probably aren't getting much more than a yard which still isn't much breathing room.  Just like every time we are at the other teams 1 or 2 if we run it's with a formation like that.

Pretty sure MVS was wide open on a slant. Rodgers should've checked it at the line. I did hate the formation though, should be spreading them out. 

17 minutes ago, Leader said:

Ryan Wood:

"Never mind the best QB in football. Running there is fine... with your power back. That’d be Jamaal Williams, not Aaron Jones. Basically the one time Sunday that Jones shouldn’t have gotten the football"

Is he referring to the safety?  The defense shut it down. Mike Alstott wasn't getting away from that safety yesterday.  

50 minutes ago, Siv said:

Normally I'd agree with you, but look at the rest of the division. They're losing too.

5 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

The NFC North is a scramble going into the second half of the season. Who's going to win it? Odds are with the team with the best QB. Just sayin'. 

Normally, I'd agree.  But the schedule the next few weeks is going to push those wheels in motion.

GB - @ New England, vs. Miami, @ Seattle, @ Minnesota
MIN - vs Detroit, BYE, @ Chicago, vs Green Bay 
CHI - @ Buffalo, vs Detroit, vs Minnesota, @Detroit

Chicago gets Buffalo and a pair of games against Detroit.  Minnesota gets a game against Detroit and a bye week, but they've got a half game lead over the Packers right now.  If Packers lose 3 out of the next four, it's probably over for the Packers.  That'd put the Packers at 4-6-1.  That'd put the best case scenario at 9-6-1, which probably isn't going to be enough to win the division.

32 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Normally, I'd agree.  But the schedule the next few weeks is going to push those wheels in motion.

Chicago gets Buffalo and a pair of games against Detroit.  Minnesota gets a game against Detroit and a bye week, but they've got a half game lead over the Packers right now.  If Packers lose 3 out of the next four, it's probably over for the Packers.  That'd put the Packers at 4-6-1.  That'd put the best case scenario at 9-6-1, which probably isn't going to be enough to win the division.

We are just talking about ifs right now.  If they win 3 of the 4, then 10-5-1 is within reach and they would be well positioned for the playoffs.

I just want them to declare themselves one way or another- either get hot and start beating people, or fall apart and get clarity about what changes to make.

49 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

One at a time.

43 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Winning three out of those four is doable, if MM can keep the team together after the "Monty Incident." Packers usually play well against NE. Miami is at home and we're 3-0 at home. Beat Minny and we're lookin' good at 6-4-1, even if a loss to Seattle.  

Minny can only win 2 more games over the next four weeks because of their bye, and if we beat them, so they will be 6-4-1, with the tie breaker going to us. From then on we're in the driver's seat.

2 hours ago, Leader said:

Ryan Wood:

"Never mind the best QB in football. Running there is fine... with your power back. That’d be Jamaal Williams, not Aaron Jones. Basically the one time Sunday that Jones shouldn’t have gotten the football"

I blame the fans that probably send Mac 10000 threatening notes a day because he won't play Jones lol

Archived