WEEK 8 GB vs LAR post game discussion (L 27-29)

squire12

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000980254/article/aaron-rodgers-hollywood-ending-hijacked-by-rogue-decision 

The players are basically begging McCarthy to cut Montgomery and NOTHING will be done about it, NOTHING. That is both weak and dangerous on McCarthy's part. What he's telling the players is there are no consequences for your actions if you don't do what you are told. This is the **** you start to lose a locker room over. 

Grow a sack Mac and cut bait with this one! 

1 hour ago, Leader said:

I get where anyone is coming from, send a message to everyone else. Not sure it's worth it to cut him, even if most people think he sucks and shouldn't play anyways.

There has to be other ways to get around cutting him that has an effect

3 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Is he referring to the safety?  The defense shut it down. Mike Alstott wasn't getting away from that safety yesterday.  

If you look at the film on the play, Bulaga unintentionally makes it worse with his late attempt to block Mark Barron.
Bulaga ends up "supporting" Barron and making it really hard for Jones to either plow through him or slide off of him. When Jones and Barron collide, Bulaga is kinda driving Barron forward into Jones and "helping" Barron to absorb the initial blow. Watch the 2nd replay below

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/1056662560311664641/video/1

The other thing is that AR has an easy throw to MVS outside for a few yards if he wants it. And with Rams' Safety Barron charging hard, MVS might have gotten loose for an even bigger play right there

25 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

That was almost like a give-up call in the endzone ... it wasn't even close to working.  Surprised Aaron even went with the call .. probably should have just wasted a timeout and discussed it with MM.  It was a huge play in the game, and we blew it badly.

I agree and I blame AR more than MM.
AR *routinely* changes plays at the LOS based on the defensive alignment. He does it all the time. He breaks  the huddle - looks over the D - and say "Uhhhhhhh uh. This ain't gonna work" and changes things. Well you cant tell me it looked like a good idea to be standing a yard or two in your own EZ and run a dive play with your smallest back against 8 defenders. That makes no sense to me.

The fact MVS is WIDE OPEN on a short slant? Just salt into a wound IMO. AR didnt need to change anything - other than NOT hand the ball - take a quick three step drop and fire it to MVS. Done. Ball on the 5-10yd line - guessing MVS doesnt turn on the speed in a secondary consisting of only three players. Who knows how far he could have run. 

18 minutes ago, TheBitzMan said:

I am really curious what the play call was here. MVS is wide open on the slant with only the safety to beat for a TD. I hate the formation, but this play may be more on Rodgers. 

This is where you miss a FB. The OL blew open a nice hole, instead of Rip blowing Barron aside and us grabbing 4 yards, we ask Bulaga to do the impossible and reach him. Just don't know what Campen and Mac are doing even designing that play. Rip it up.

19 minutes ago, Golfman said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000980254/article/aaron-rodgers-hollywood-ending-hijacked-by-rogue-decision 

The players are basically begging McCarthy to cut Montgomery and NOTHING will be done about it, NOTHING. That is both weak and dangerous on McCarthy's part. What he's telling the players is there are no consequences for your actions if you don't do what you are told. This is the **** you start to lose a locker room over. 

Grow a sack Mac and cut bait with this one! 

It's been said allot and not just by you so i'm not quoting directly to you golfman, but really there aren't many guys on this team that at some point shouldn't have been cut. it sucks but one thing is to stand by players who make mistakes. Ty screwed up bad and let his emotions clearly get the best of him. Some coaches may toss him, but by all accounts he's been a good teamate, good player and good team first guy. I'm not advocating either way just showing that MM and CO are not weak for not knee jerk reacting and cutting a guy. There is a reason why Green Bay does things the way they do. The entire culture speaks to being about team, family and community. Cutting a guy like Ty, when we've given chances to guys like Jolly and others who've had greater issues says what to this team. Again not advocating either way other than to take some time with it. This is an incredible opportunity to teach the team from the top down, Ty if kept should be sat of inactive for a week or two to get his head straight if kept.

2 minutes ago, PACKRULE said:

It's been said allot and not just by you so i'm not quoting directly to you golfman, but really there aren't many guys on this team that at some point shouldn't have been cut. it sucks but one thing is to stand by players who make mistakes. Ty screwed up bad and let his emotions clearly get the best of him. Some coaches may toss him, but by all accounts he's been a good teamate, good player and good team first guy. I'm not advocating either way just showing that MM and CO are not weak for not knee jerk reacting and cutting a guy. There is a reason why Green Bay does things the way they do. The entire culture speaks to being about team, family and community. Cutting a guy like Ty, when we've given chances to guys like Jolly and others who've had greater issues says what to this team. Again not advocating either way other than to take some time with it. This is an incredible opportunity to teach the team from the top down, Ty if kept should be sat of inactive for a week or two to get his head straight if kept.

I think you're right, and I also think Ty could find a home with a meaningful role in another offense someplace.  In GB, if he stays, he'll probably see more of the same, limited action.  I suspect at this very moment Gute is trying to find a trade partner for Ty.  Trading him still sends a message to the team, but doesn't present the same knee-jerk reaction that fans are demanding.

Archived