NBA Draft Thread: NO trades 4 to ATL (8/17/35)

NYRaider

Reviewing my notes for the 2020 class and man, if people thought this years group is meh, next year is even worse. 

My early top 10 rankings

1. Cole Anthony | PG | North Carolina

2. Anthony Edwards | CG | Georgia

3. James Wiseman | C | Memphis

4. RJ Hampton | PG | Undecided

5. Theo Maledon | PG | France

6. Isaiah Stewart | C | Washington

7. Jaden McDaniels | F | Washington

8. Vernon Carey Jr | C | Duke

9. Killian Hayes | PG | France

10. Precious Achiuwa | SF | Memphis

46 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Culver is nowhere near the level of prospect as Ja and RJ. 

I've really started to watch a lot of RJ Barrett and I'm really starting to not like what I see. Dude literally wont use his right hand for the most part and can't create a shot off the dribble because of his poor handles and slow shot.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

I've really started to watch a lot of RJ Barrett and I'm really starting to not like what I see. Dude literally wont use his right hand for the most part and can't create a shot off the dribble because of his poor handles and slow shot.

That's why I'll be pissed if we take Barrett over Morant. I'm not guaranteeing Morant is an All-Star or anything, but I have a lot more faith in him than Barrett. That's why Memphis is going to need a godfather offer to trade down even just to #3.

I like Culver, but as @CWood21 said, his awful tournament is worrisome.

36 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Why is Garland not getting any top 3 love? A PG with a nice handle and jump shot? Like I know he only played four or five games, but what is the knock on him? 

no defense and isn't a good passer. small. is what the say.

but he has the same wingspan as coby white who everyone says is big for the position. has shown some good passing instincts imo. and one way to get better at passing is getting a lot of attention because how good of a shooter you are. 

20 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

no defense and isn't a good passer. small. is what the say.

but he has the same wingspan as coby white who everyone says is big for the position. has shown some good passing instincts imo. and one way to get better at passing is getting a lot of attention because how good of a shooter you are. 

Agreed, he can become good enough of a passer. But most of these PGs coming out now a days struggle because they can't shoot. Garland can flat out stroke it and has a nice handle. Dude is legit. Now, Knicks may not even need him if Kyrie is coming to town, but he needs to be in the top 4 conversation for sure. 

If Lakers get him plus a big that can shoot and someone like Butler? That's super legit. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

And? If he can play, he can play. Do you think the skill set he displayed in limited time wasn't legit or something? Do you doubt his jumper or handle? 

Oh, I'm with you on this one, but if you're wondering why there isn't a consensus on him it's because there isn't a big enough sample size.  You like him, but look at who he played against in college.  Other than their game against USC, he played against some miserable competition.  Anyone could look good against Winthrop, Alcorn State, and Liberty.  It's like looking at a player who sat out the year and going almost purely by his high school tape.