THE QUEST FOR THE DC/OC Beginneth!

MistaBohmbastic

Congratulations on a great season, Cleveland - and best of luck next year. The Browns are set up, and if the right guy is hired, you guys should be in great shape.

My two cents would be Mike McCarthy. McDaniels is an Ohio guy, but I’d rather he stay in Foxborough. 

1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

laaaaaame just hire kitchens  

It doesn’t hurt to interview. You can learn something from them or have info on them for future hires like if they get fired and want to come in to be an assistant coach or something. No issues interview, just questionable if hired

4 minutes ago, bosko1616 said:

100% agreed man these schedule interviews have really been bummers today 

Idgaf how many he interviews as long as he gets it right.

I think Browns fans are worried “their guy” is gonna get scooped up, but let’s be honest, this is the first time we’re the belle of the ball. We need to stop thinking like we’re the arse ugly chick who can’t scare up a date.  Those days are gone.

Now?

mEL0__.gif 

14 minutes ago, bosko1616 said:

100% agreed man these schedule interviews have really been bummers today 

It be a bummer if it was only 2-3 scheduled interviews and it being guys like Caldwell.

I wonder if they are interviewing so many guys because some potentially could be brought in on staff. I like MM but I would like him in an Al Saunders type roll. A guy who could be a great vital tool as a buffer between coaches and FO. Experienced HC who could help a first time HC and someone who knows the FO members 

9 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Idgaf how many he interviews as long as he gets it right.

I think Browns fans are worried “their guy” is gonna get scooped up, but let’s be honest, this is the first time we’re the belle of the ball. We need to stop thinking like we’re the arse ugly chick who can’t scare up a date.  Those days are gone.

Now?

mEL0__.gif 

exactly, I would be worried if this was '12/'13 when the team looked like one of the most undesirable jobs in the league with a new owner and a weird FO with Banner and Lombardi. Now Jimmy is jimmy and he has his negatives but hopefully him giving hue that 3rd year shows coaches he is learning from his mistakes and that a front office with Dorsey Wolfe and Highsmith are well respected and know what they are do ing. The Browns arent a team looking for talent but a team looking for someone to lead the talent.

I want Dabo, as most here are well aware, but if i had to choose between the guys currently named to be interviewed, it would be Adam Gase. Peyton vouches for him and his football acumen. Got his PHD in Football during his years with Peyton. Still young. I saw where he was described as Sean McVay before Sean McVay. Imagine if McVay had bad QBs. I'm sure he wouldn't look so hot.

To me, he's McDaniels without the weaselyness.

He has to make nice with Jarvis. Although, I think this season may have done good for both. Jarvis got to see what life is like as a #1 WR, lined up out wide, and his stats suffered. Maybe now he'll be a lil more inclined to appreciate the slot. Plus, Gase got to see that Jarvis can do work outside, and can make hay with different, longer routes.

In a nutshell, he put up 31 against that killer Bear's D this season with Brock Osweiler at QB. Repeat: 31 points with Brock Osweiler at QB. The way I've heard his personality described sounds much like Bill Walsh. His players mostly despised him until years later. Smartest guy in the room can rub people the wrong way. Also, word during the draft process was that he and Baker clicked well, with very similar personalities.

4 minutes ago, Fatgerman said:

I want Dabo, as most here are well aware, but if i had to choose between the guys currently named to be interviewed, it would be Adam Gase. Peyton vouches for him and his football acumen. Got his PHD in Football during his years with Peyton. Still young. I saw where he was described as Sean McVay before Sean McVay. Imagine if McVay had bad QBs. I'm sure he wouldn't look so hot.

To me, he's McDaniels without the weaselyness.

He has to make nice with Jarvis. Although, I think this season may have done good for both. Jarvis got to see what life is like as a #1 WR, lined up out wide, and his stats suffered. Maybe now he'll be a lil more inclined to appreciate the slot. Plus, Gase got to see that Jarvis can do work outside, and can make hay with different, longer routes.

In a nutshell, he put up 31 against that killer Bear's D this season with Brock Osweiler at QB. Repeat: 31 points with Brock Osweiler at QB. The way I've heard his personality described sounds much like Bill Walsh. His players mostly despised him until years later. Smartest guy in the room can rub people the wrong way. Also, word during the draft process was that he and Baker clicked well, with very similar personalities.

Lol gase got fired Cause he can’t make nice with the owner and the locker room hates him so he’s a hard pass for me 

Archived