THE QUEST FOR THE DC/OC Beginneth!

MistaBohmbastic

Ugg not sure if I want. Get into the future please. A quote from Dan Campbell:

"Just from a philosophy standpoint on how you play the game, offensively and defensively, it was like identical,” Campbell told Marvez in The Sporting News in May. “It’s about running the football. Your quarterback makes smart decisions. You don’t win or lose with the quarterback. Those are the (games) you’re winning because of your defense and you’ve got time of possession with the run game. And then when you throw it, they’re explosive passes.”

14 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I can see why he’d be appealing for sure, but he’s not my cup of tea.

First, the Belichick tree.  Has anyone from that system ever been worth a damn?? I realize that every coach is different, but at some point you have to take note of the trend.

Secondly, he declined interviews before iirc.  Now, it’s his right to choose the job he wants, but personally I feel like if we weren’t worth your time a couple years ago, go pound sand now that the hard work has been done and you’re set up.

I don’t care about the Indy situation per se, but how do you get to that point? It’s a red flag for me, but not necessarily an issue on its own.

This last bit is %100 my opinion based on mostly nothing. He comes across as a power hungry ball bag.  Like every other coach from the Belichick tree, he went into Denver and was brash with the media and immediately made the point HE was in charge by pissing off a handful of vets and eventually wanting “his guys”.  We don’t need that.  We need a guy who plays well with others.  This isn’t a spot that necessarily needs a culture change.  We just need someone to take the team by the reigns and guide it.

All great points and for sure why I’m wishy washy on it. But I think I lean more to what @therealdeal wrote about it. Can’t lie I got nervous when I heard Cincinnati was interested in him. 

But my bet is he goes to Green Bay. 

15 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

All great points and for sure why I’m wishy washy on it. But I think I lean more to what @therealdeal wrote about it. Can’t lie I got nervous when I heard Cincinnati was interested in him. 

But my bet is he goes to Green Bay. 

Yeah, McDaniels to Green Bay makes a lot of sense, IMO.

1 hour ago, Bonanza23 said:

Ugg not sure if I want. Get into the future please. A quote from Dan Campbell:

"Just from a philosophy standpoint on how you play the game, offensively and defensively, it was like identical,” Campbell told Marvez in The Sporting News in May. “It’s about running the football. Your quarterback makes smart decisions. You don’t win or lose with the quarterback. Those are the (games) you’re winning because of your defense and you’ve got time of possession with the run game. And then when you throw it, they’re explosive passes.”

This is where that quote came from:

Campbell emulated the leadership skills of his Cowboys head coach Parcells all the way back to the late 1990s, when he wrote a paper on the Hall of Fame coach as an undergraduate at Texas A&M. In his research, he identified similarities between Parcells and then-A&M coach R.C. Slocum.

It's not his philosophy, in other words. Dan Campbell is still my #1 choice.

9 hours ago, mistakey said:

maybe bienemy isnt that spectacular either

Big if true.

5 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Josh McDaniels can work as long as he’s simply a head coach and not a power hungry GM like he was in Denver.

Albert Breer stated last month that he believed McDaniels would retain Kitchens, as they both came from the Parcells coaching tree.

1 hour ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

Big if true.

Albert Breer stated last month that he believed McDaniels would retain Kitchens, as they both came from the Parcells coaching tree.

Only problem with Breer's reasoning is the fact that Freddie doesn't really come from the Parcells coaching tree. He coached under Parcells for one single year. Otherwise, he coached under Ken Whisenhunt and Bruce Arians, neither being Parcells guys.

Arians is pretty firmly from the Schottenheimer tree, coaching under Schotty and Cowher, and Whisenhunt has ties with the same tree, coaching under Cowher.

If one year under Parcells puts you under his tree, then Freddie's technically under the Hue Jackson tree as well.

11 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

Can’t lie I got nervous when I heard Cincinnati was interested in him. 

Outside of Cincinnati hiring Hue, this might be the best thing that could happen to us in terms of taking Cincy out as a divisional threat. Remember how bad McDaniels was at evaluating personnel in Denver, getting rid of players in their prime like Brandon Marshall and bringing in guys like Tebow? Cincy is notoriously cheap and rely a lot on their coaches to do personnel duties. Having McD in that seat down south could take them out of the division for the next 5 years, just as our window is thrown wide open.

1 hour ago, dawgdish said:

Outside of Cincinnati hiring Hue, this might be the best thing that could happen to us in terms of taking Cincy out as a divisional threat. Remember how bad McDaniels was at evaluating personnel in Denver, getting rid of players in their prime like Brandon Marshall and bringing in guys like Tebow? Cincy is notoriously cheap and rely a lot on their coaches to do personnel duties. Having McD in that seat down south could take them out of the division for the next 5 years, just as our window is thrown wide open.

Well would cincy give him the power like Denver did? IMO he failed with Denver wasnt because of his coaching but more so cause he couldn’t be a competent GM and build the roster or make proper trades. 

1 hour ago, dawgdish said:

Well would cincy give him the power like Denver did? IMO he failed with Denver wasnt because of his coaching but more so cause he couldn’t be a competent GM and build the roster or make proper trades. 

12 hours ago, MarkPrice25 said:

This is where that quote came from:

Campbell emulated the leadership skills of his Cowboys head coach Parcells all the way back to the late 1990s, when he wrote a paper on the Hall of Fame coach as an undergraduate at Texas A&M. In his research, he identified similarities between Parcells and then-A&M coach R.C. Slocum.

It's not his philosophy, in other words. Dan Campbell is still my #1 choice.

Yeah my bad I didn’t research it enough. I still wonder if he’ll be a conservative coach. Unfortunately one of those things we don’t know because we’re not part of the interview process. 

Archived