Week 9 GDT: Titans at Cowboys

Titans fan 617

We have to to stop trying to be a "run the ball to set up the pass" team. 

We need to come out ready to throw the ball all over and run when we get favorable matchups in the box. That is what the successful offenses are doing early on.

We need to be a west coast offense that uses the zone run when we get the matchups we want, and then builds off of those runs with the play-action. All of that is capable within the scheme, but the play-calling is all wrong and far too conservative. We need to become a pass on first down team.

We cant expect to score often if we're always having to convert a third down every 10 yards. The teams that pass early and often aren't waiting until 3rd down to pass. Most of them move the chains before 3rd down.

That way of playing the game worked 15 years ago when scoring 20 points was okay, but for most teams that's going to be a loss today. 

42 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

Now you all know how you sound defending Mariota!

Hahah I'm just kidding, but I don't know how he thinks beating a 3-4 team and going 4-4 cements them as a top team lolol.

Lol, yeah. I'm nothing like that man right there. 
You would think the cure for all things wrong in the world lays underneath Jerry's Roof. 
And he might be on a little sumthin sumthin sweating and going on like that..lol

30 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

all I want us to do is pass the ball. just sling it all over the field. 40 times a game, I don't care. 

Right. I'm not against running, but come out ready to pass and run into 6 man boxes.

We come out in formations that scream run and invite more people into the box and then go ahead and run straight into it for 2 yards.

5 hours ago, SerenityNow said:

It's absolutely a must win tonight with the way the rest of the AFC is going, it'd be very unlikely for us to get a wild card berth. 

I think the WC is the easier path right now... and considering we lose tie breakers to the Dolphins and Ravens, its not going to be easy.  But the Texans' schedule is just too easy.  All they need to do is go 4-3 the rest of the way, and they're a 10 win team. 

The Chargers/Chiefs have one of the WCs all but locked up... But... The Ravens are crumbling... The Dolphins aren't a good team... and the Bengals find ways to choke. 

That's our path... but we need to start winning games we should win... and that starts today.  Dallas is not a good team... but then again, maybe neither are we (and maybe the FO knows that, and that's why were are much selling Henry as were buying a WR

What has become the most frustrating thing to me is that we all know exactly what to expect...move the ball a little, and a couple of 3 and outs on offense...the defense gives up a solid drive and a head scratching big play...and we fall behind by 2+ scores.

Then we kick it in and get some stops on D, and the O puts it in the endzone....one score game with 5 minutes left!!!

I wish we had the urgency that we have when we get down 2 scores from the opening kick off...what would a game like that look like????

Archived