Week 9 GDT: Titans at Cowboys

Titans fan 617

ugh. i do honestly believe that butler can bounce back, but at this point you’ve gotta do something to stop the bleeding because he is a complete liability. if he needs some time on the bench to get his head right, so be it.

10 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

I don't think he is... a lot of times we get caught up in perceived value, expectations, etc... Butler as a 60M man obviously has lofty expectations... and is not living up to those expectations currently.  Aside from the Hurns TD though, it's not like he played horrible, is out of position, being abused, etc. 

He's not going anywhere this year... and barring some crazy trade, he's not going anywhere next year.  He's played at a level (not too long ago) that Sims could never sniff... and I believe that he can bounce back... he's not too far gone.

He’s done it’s a reason the pats let him walk & moved on. He has stiff hips & no acceleration 

2 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

are we supposed to believe that sims would be the worst starting corner in the NFL? that’s what butler has been.

I don’t think sims is worse as Butler hell I don’t think Reynaldo Hill, nick Harper, Andre Wolflork 40 some yr old samari Role is bad as butler 

1 hour ago, TwoToneBlue said:

Not really a fan of Vrabel saying X player is better than Y player whether he believes it or not.

Why not.  It's true.  If Butler rebounds and plays up to his previous standard... he's the type of player that can win us a game.  Sims is not... simple as that. 

1 hour ago, TitanRedd said:

He’s done it’s a reason the pats let him walk & moved on. He has stiff hips & no acceleration 

He's never been a burner... that's why he went undrafted.  His skill set is different... and why ideally you don't want him lined up against the Fuller's of the world. 

He can rebound... he hasn't lost the skill set that made him who he is.  His confidence may be a bit shaken, but he's a former SB MVP that can get past this adversity...

2 minutes ago, ragevsuall17 said:

He's never been a burner... that's why he went undrafted.  His skill set is different... and why ideally you don't want him lined up against the Fuller's of the world. 

He can rebound... he hasn't lost the skill set that made him who he is.  His confidence may be a bit shaken, but he's a former SB MVP that can get past this adversity...

You don’t have to be a burner to have acceleration. That’s just like how some players are more quick than fast, what I mean when I say acceleration is the ability to get in out of cuts, or breaks & stay on the hip of the receiver. 

3 hours ago, ragevsuall17 said:

As far as the defense... man... I know the bend but don't break philosophy gets tired... but we're doing good... and without anything that stands out.

We're #1 in scoring (overall and per game)... 2nd in rushing TDs given up... 4th in passing TDs given... top 10 in yards per game given up...

But we're lower half (even lower third) in sacks, TOs, 3rd down %, etc.  As we improve that... turnovers especially (which is a staple of the bend/don't break style defenses), our defense stands to get better.

Ryan has been playing at an All-Pro level... Jackson still has his moments of WTF, but is a very good CB already.

i don’t think Ryan being playing at an all-pro level though I’ll give you very solid. I still don’t see him returning at 10 mill next yr, he needs to start making some interceptions.

as for Jackson I’m starting to wonder if he’s a real student of the game like Byard. Because when I watch him his weakness is playing off & in zone. He second guess what he sees, doesn’t understand route concepts & in man he’s very good though his technique far as hand placement can be better

54 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

Vrabel said he should be ready Sunday, he did tweak something in warm ups

That’s good. A bit disappointed he was invisible last night but I can understand if it was because of the injury. Was looking forward to seeing how he would follow up his last performance.

1 hour ago, TitanRedd said:

i don’t think Ryan being playing at an all-pro level though I’ll give you very solid. I still don’t see him returning at 10 mill next yr, he needs to start making some interceptions.

as for Jackson I’m starting to wonder if he’s a real student of the game like Byard. Because when I watch him his weakness is playing off & in zone. He second guess what he sees, doesn’t understand route concepts & in man he’s very good though his technique far as hand placement can be better

I don't see any imaginable scenario in which Ryan is not on the roster. He is targeted very rarely and doesn't allow a lot of receptions when he is. He is one of the best players on our defense. 

I don't really care if he doesn't get interceptions. He's not allowing people to catch the ball.

4 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

I don't see any imaginable scenario in which Ryan is not on the roster. He is targeted very rarely and doesn't allow a lot of receptions when he is. He is one of the best players on our defense. 

I don't really care if he doesn't get interceptions. He's not allowing people to catch the ball.

Exactly. No way we cut one of our best players.... smh.

Archived