Week 9 GDT: Titans at Cowboys

Titans fan 617

2 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

That 3rd down throw down the seam to Jennings wasn't talked about enough during the broadcast. That was an absolute dime.

lol during the postgame booger was talking about mariota's growth as a passer and they replayed a screen pass from him to lewis like 4 times in a row. that broadcast is just an absolute disaster.

14 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Lol. 

They look great catching tough and easy passes. That's how you get the trust of your QB. 

We average 0.4 drops more per game than the average team.

Drops we'rent what made the difference between a 12 point offense and a 28 point offense. Marcus balling out was the difference.

1 minute ago, TitanSS said:

We average 0.4 drops more per game than the average team.

Drops we'rent what made the difference between a 12 point offense and a 28 point offense. Marcus balling out was the difference.

I don't care if we only drop one pass a game. It makes a difference if that one pass is a TD or cruical 3rd down catch. 

this is the sort of downfield throw into coverage that we knew marcus could make, but hadn't really seen this year. hopefully this is a signifier of improved health in his throwing arm as well as increasing comfort in the offense.

4 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

this is the sort of downfield throw into coverage that we knew marcus could make, but hadn't really seen this year. hopefully this is a signifier of improved health in his throwing arm as well as increasing comfort in the offense.

It was an awesome throw!  

5 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Not dropped passes killing drives. 

Every team has dropped passes. I've explained countless times how we don't even average a full drop per game more than other teams. But I'm supposed to believe that tiny extra drop percentage is the difference between 12 points and 28 points? That is not a rational conclusion

It is inconceivable to blame us being near the last offense in the league on half a drop.

We looked good on offense tonight and if we would have had an extra drop we still would have looked good. Why? Marcus freaking Mariota. It's a QB league not a WR league.

I'm not a Mariota hater. When he plays well I give him credit. We won because of him and a good defensive performance tonight. Hands down.

The whole team played great tonight. Marcus showed how great he can be when everyone is doing their jobs.  The OLine protected him/blocked great in the run and screen game, Dion played great and actually gave us a semblance of a run game, all the receivers played great and caught all the balls. The biggest thing for me tonight offensively was that LaFleur called a beautiful game. He really helped Marcus get into a rhythm with his calls, and I pray that he's figured something out with this offense and we can start performing like this consistently from here on out, because we're going to need it if we're going to make a run.

Outside of Malcolm Butler who continuously gets beat like a drum, our defense played amazing. Credit to Pees as well for calling a great game. Our Linebackers really played well, and we really swarmed to the ball well all night as a unit.

We played like a playoff team tonight, but as always, I wonder if we can play like this consistently.  If we do, we could be dangerous in the second half of the season.

4 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

Every team has dropped passes. I've explained countless times how we don't even average a full drop per game more than other teams. But I'm supposed to believe that tiny extra drop percentage is the difference between 12 points and 28 points? That is not a rational conclusion

It is inconceivable to blame us being near the last offense in the league on half a drop.

We looked good on offense tonight and if we would have had an extra drop we still would have looked good. Why? Marcus freaking Mariota. It's a QB league not a WR league.

I'm not a Mariota hater. When he plays well I give him credit. We won because of him and a good defensive performance tonight. Hands down.

And as I've said countless times. I'm not caring about how many drops they have, I'm caring about when they drop them.

The offense as whole has/had numerous issues and yes Marcus was one of them, but not the top problem, to me. (Line, RBs, WRs, TEs, Coaches and QB).

Archived