• Patrick Mahomes
    • Drew Brees
    • Tom Brady
    • Todd Gurley
    • Jared Goff
    • Matt Ryan
    • Phillip Rivers
    • Cam Newton

Mahomes is just having one of those years where everything goes right for him. Throwing back across your body into the middle of the time 8 times per game? Sure, no consequences. Throwing to WR's while looking the other direction? Sure, why not. Dropping the ball while scrambling? Don't worry, your OL is there to pick it up for you.

It's hella fun to watch this year but this isn't gonna last. Give that man the MVP trophy for this year and be done with it.

Just now, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Mahomes is just having one of those years where everything goes right for him. Throwing back across your body into the middle of the time 8 times per game? Sure, no consequences. Throwing to WR's while looking the other direction? Sure, why not. Dropping the ball while scrambling? Don't worry, your OL is there to pick it up for you.

It's hella fun to watch this year but this isn't gonna last. Give that man the MVP trophy for this year and be done with it.

Youre absolutely right. Mahomes is having an arcade type of season this year where everything is going right for him. 

His wrs always seem to be open. His season reminds me of Cams 2015 year where everything was going right for him

5 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Why would their be consequences on accurate passes? I get it if its just a hope and a prayer, but theyre calculated passes on the money.

People have been saying for years that hes not gonna get away with it in the NFL. So far hes been proving everybody wrong. Helps when you can throw 65 mph across your body lol.

15 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

Why would their be consequences on accurate passes? I get it if its just a hope and a prayer, but theyre calculated passes on the money.

People have been saying for years that hes not gonna get away with it in the NFL. So far hes been proving everybody wrong. Helps when you can throw 65 mph across your body lol.

The throw was excellent...he's not going to make that perfect of a throw every time though. I Think that is the point he was trying to make. Like, every time that Mahomes does something like that this year, he's just on point. Its the perfect throw when it needs to be the perfect throw, etc.  Windows are just huge for him right now. He's just on fire for lack of a better term. He's not missing anything (well, that's a little hyperbolic, but you know what I mean). There are going to be times when that throw has a little too much air on it, or it's just to the back shoulder of the receiver and gets bounced up, etc. Others in the league can make that throw as well...I can't say if they could do it with more or less frequency or whatever, but there are certainly those that can do it. But right now if they tried it, odds are it doesn't end up positive like that, whereas right now, everything just seems to be coming up roses for Mahomes. 

Whether or not thats the truth, I have no idea. Maybe he really will just keep making those insanely perfect throws in situations like that. Time will tell. In the meantime, I'm just going to enjoy the hell out of the crazy stuff I'm seeing him do. 

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

The throw was excellent...he's not going to make that perfect of a throw every time though. I Think that is the point he was trying to make. Like, every time that Mahomes does something like that this year, he's just on point. Its the perfect throw when it needs to be the perfect throw, etc.  Windows are just huge for him right now. He's just on fire for lack of a better term. He's not missing anything (well, that's a little hyperbolic, but you know what I mean). There are going to be times when that throw has a little too much air on it, or it's just to the back shoulder of the receiver and gets bounced up, etc. Others in the league can make that throw as well...I can't say if they could do it with more or less frequency or whatever, but there are certainly those that can do it. But right now if they tried it, odds are it doesn't end up positive like that, whereas right now, everything just seems to be coming up roses for Mahomes. 

Whether or not thats the truth, I have no idea. Maybe he really will just keep making those insanely perfect throws in situations like that. Time will tell. In the meantime, I'm just going to enjoy the hell out of the crazy stuff I'm seeing him do. 

pATrIck MAhOmeS iS Not WORtH a tOP 25 pICk

:P

25 minutes ago, Forge said:

I have to disagree with that argument, though. Because he's throwing an appropriate amount of interceptions for the risks he's taking. This narrative that he's getting lucky or that he can't keep doing this doesn't mesh with the other narrative used to criticize him, that he throws too many INTs. Unless the argument is that he should be throwing like 20 - 25 INTs, which would be absurd.

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Well obviously. Hes demonstrated this year that hes not accurate all the time. He is human. This very game his stat line was 35/53.

But hes also shown repeatedly that he can get the ball there accurately. From insane platforms, tight windows, across his body, 50 yards down the field, left handed, no look, running full speed, on pure arm talent.

Maybe he regresses, but ive seen him all year hitting guys perfectly over and over. Im inclined to believe hes gonna keep doing it.

And tell me this list of QBs who could pull off that 4th and 9 play. Rodgers, Stafford....most dont even try to attempt it. If they do its an interception.

Archived