• Drew Brees
    • Tom Brady
    • Todd Gurley
    • Jared Goff
    • Matt Ryan
    • Phillip Rivers
    • Cam Newton

29 minutes ago, Breesus mode said:

We gonna act like the Chiefs kept up their ridiculous pace too?

They didn't, but then they also didn't wilt in a primetime game and their MVP candidate didn't lose the game cause they were nervous.

It'd be a cute end/near end to Brees' career, but it's a joke if he wins it over Mahomes.
Hell, if the Chargers won this week Brees probably is behind Rivers too.

What an embarrassing take that last one was. Hooo boy this place is like amateur hour populated by 12 year olds.

Trash talk, attempts to be 'edgy,' hoping people tear their ACL's. Banter is one thing but yall take it too far and get disrespectful and straight up ugly.

ya'll need to grow the hell up. I won't be back here.

1 hour ago, Destructo Spin said:

What an embarrassing take that last one was. Hooo boy this place is like amateur hour populated by 12 year olds.

Trash talk, attempts to be 'edgy,' hoping people tear their ACL's. Banter is one thing but yall take it too far and get disrespectful and straight up ugly.

ya'll need to grow the hell up. I won't be back here.

Nobody can have a debate around here without trolling.

6 hours ago, Bearerofnews said:

I think even with a loss, Mahomes numbers while i believe alot of them are due to a wide open system that really no one else has in the NFL. The numbers are still staggering, especially for 1st year guy. Id give him the nod for MVP. He will likely finish with 5000 passing yds and 50 tds.  Im still not crowing him as the next big thing until he does somewhat as good next year.  He's only had i believe 1 turnover past 4 games to. So that is impressive. 

The Reid coaching tree is enormous and so are the number of teams that run the same type of offense. Look no further than the Bears (HC Nagy) and the Eagles (HC Pederson) which are the two previous OC's under Reid in the past few years. Several teams run a wide open offensive system now. Nearly 60% of the offensive snaps over the past few years in the NFL have been 11 personnel groupings. (1 RB, 1 TE, 3 WR). Roughly 20% are 12 personnel groupings (1 RB, 2 TE, 2 WR) and 8% are 21 personnel groupings and 4% are 22 personnel (1 WR, 2 TE, 2 RB...most likely your goal line or 3rd and short offenses).The entire league has pretty much added spread concepts to their offenses by now. It's really changed over the past 10 years. 

And if you want to go further into how good Mahomes has been look no futher in this exact same offense being ran over the past 5 years under Reid with Alex Smith at QB. Even Smith's BEST year he didn't sniff anything Mahomes has done. Smith had 2 really bad years, 2 average years and 1 good year under Reid in this offense statistically. 

10 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

Oh I wont be. The media seems desperate to find someone else to give MVP to.

This is what is weird to me. I've never seen the NFL Media try to give anyone the MVP but the person that clearly deserves it. They are going out of their way to nominate anyone but Mahomes. I'm not sure if it's because Mahomes peaked so soon that everyone was on his bandwagon or if they know he deserves it but need clicks to generate coversation/revenue etc. I'm dumbfounded.

Florio has been a big one trying to nominate a new person every week. USA Today pushing Mack and Donald. Yahoo Sports: Why not Aaron Donald? The list goes on. Mahomes is having a top 2 or 3 season ever for a QB. Barring injury early next week, he will ellipse 50 TD and 5000 yards. If he doesn't win the MVP unanimously, the award will have become a joke just like the ProBowl voting.

Just now, jaa1025 said:

This is what is weird to me. I've never seen the NFL Media try to give anyone the MVP but the person that clearly deserves it. They are going out of their way to nominate anyone but Mahomes. I'm not sure if it's because Mahomes peaked so soon that everyone was on his bandwagon or if they know he deserves it but need clicks to generate coversation/revenue etc. I'm dumbfounded.

Florio has been a big one trying to nominate a new person every week. USA Today pushing Mack and Donald. Yahoo Sports: Why not Aaron Donald? The list goes on. Mahomes is having a top 2 or 3 season ever for a QB. Barring injury early next week, he will ellipse 50 TD and 5000 yards. If he doesn't win the MVP unanimously, the award will have become a joke just like the ProBowl voting.

I don't think they're trying to nominate anyone but Mahomes, they just need to mention some competition.  Brees was legit competition, and I think in the lead until a few weeks ago.  Since then, Guys like Rivers, Wilson, Luck names have been mentioned, but none of them ever had a legit shot over Mahomes.

Mahomes will win MVP, there's no doubt about it. 

2 hours ago, Breesus mode said:

We gonna act like the Chiefs kept up their ridiculous pace too?

No but they also haven’t wilted and taken a massive step back in that time period. Struggling 3 straight weeks. Mahomes and the Chiefs offense have slowed down a bit but they have been quite high scoring. 

It's a funky race. 
Mahomes is putting up outragous numbers, because he has to. His defense is horrid, so there's no choice. He's not a game manager (yet) and he's wild. I think he's really fun to watch, too.

Brees is managing the game in a way nobody has before, literally. He's not nearly as flashy, but he gets it done.

If Mahomes gets snubbed, it'll be much like Brees getting snubbed in 2011.

Passing
Brees 2011 > 13-3 record, throwing 5476 yards at 71.2% completion rate for 46TD's and 14picks. (Add 928 yds, 7TD's & 2 picks in the playoffs that year)
Mahomes now > 11-4 record with 4816 yards at 66.2% completion rate for 48TD's and 12 picks.

Rushing
Brees > 86 yards, 1TD, 1 fumble
Mahomes> 271 yards, 2TD's,  9 fumbles

I think Mahomes deserves it this year, but I won't be surprised if it goes to Brees given the Chiefs record compared to the Saints record. As we've seen in the past, it is not always the guy with the best stats that wins (Drew Brees has been on the receiving end of this multiple times), so if Brees wins it I think it will be some of the best irony I've seen in awhile with an award. 

17 minutes ago, AK41 said:

Same way Drew got Robbed in 2009 and 2011 give it up

I disagree that he was robbed. 

In 09, Manning won. Both Brees and Manning had very similar stats. Manning's Colts were 14-0 and he sat the final 2 games. Pure statistically speaking, One could argue that Favre or Chris Johnson deserved it more than either Manning or Brees. 

In 11, Brees had 850 more yards (played 1 more game), 46/14 TD to INT, 8.3 Y/A 110.6 rating. Rodgers had 45/6 TD to INT, 10.5 Y/A and 122.5 rating. Brees had 150 more attempts than Rodgers. Rodgers was on a better team, which was probably the deciding factor since they were so close statistically.

There difference between these instances and this year is that Mahomes is having a MUCH better season than Brees or any of his peers statistically. It's not even close. If the Chiefs win, which I believe is very important for his MVP prospects, they will finish with the #1 seed in the AFC. He will have carried a team with a historically bad defense, average to below average oline, banged up WR core, Kareem Huntless team to the #1 seed. If the Chiefs even have a mediocre defense they are likely undefeated. He likely finishes 5k+ yards, 50+ TDs. Only Manning has thrown for that. Brady had 4800 and 50TD. 

9 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

I think Mahomes deserves it this year, but I won't be surprised if it goes to Brees given the Chiefs record compared to the Saints record. As we've seen in the past, it is not always the guy with the best stats that wins (Drew Brees has been on the receiving end of this multiple times), so if Brees wins it I think it will be some of the best irony I've seen in awhile with an award. 

If KC wins next week they have the #1 seed in the AFC. I think that will nullify that argument. If they somehow lose to the Raiders at home with everything on the line then absolutely, I agree that voters will sway that way.

Archived