• Drew Brees
    • Tom Brady
    • Todd Gurley
    • Jared Goff
    • Matt Ryan
    • Phillip Rivers
    • Cam Newton

18 minutes ago, AK41 said:

Narratives always change when Brees is up for MVP..

Y’all are gonna be pissed off when Drew wins his rightfully deserved long overdue MVP award.. and I’m looking forward to it:)

Just commenting for a placeholder when he doesn’t win 

In 09 both Brees and Farve had better stats than Manning, yet Manning won cause he's Manning, had a good year and his team had more wins. Now the player with better stats and less wins should be the MVP. That's fine if it happens but that should have happened in 09 if we are just going by stats 

12 minutes ago, DJB86 said:

In 09 both Brees and Farve had better stats than Manning, yet Manning won cause he's Manning, had a good year and his team had more wins. Now the player with better stats and less wins should be the MVP. That's fine if it happens but that should have happened in 09 if we are just going by stats 

Mahomes 2018 year statistically blows Brees and Favre out the water though.

1 hour ago, AK41 said:

Narratives always change when Brees is up for MVP..

Y’all are gonna be pissed off when Drew wins his rightfully deserved long overdue MVP award.. and I’m looking forward to it:)

Drew Brees deserves an MVP., just not more tham Mahomes.

Drew Brees has 32 TDs this year. (Albeit with a 74% completion percentage which is likely going to break the NFL record which I think Brees already owned)

Mahomes is more than likely going to break the 50 TD mark sunday (Honestly he could push Peyton's record but 8 TDs in a single game isn't happening) 

The Chiefs offense has been dynamite this year compared to the saints which has been pretty good but there's no denying Brees fell off at the end of the year (partly gameplan, partly his play) 

3 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

Drew Brees has 32 TDs this year. (Albeit with a 74% completion percentage which is likely going to break the NFL record which I think Brees already owned)

Mahomes is more than likely going to break the 50 TD mark sunday (Honestly he could push Peyton's record but 8 TDs in a single game isn't happening) 

The Chiefs offense has been dynamite this year compared to the saints which has been pretty good but there's no denying Brees fell off at the end of the year (partly gameplan, partly his play) 

Save your stats I don’t care

Brees deserves this MVP and when he wins keep typing your paragraphs 

1 hour ago, SwoleXmad said:

The Brees fall off had more to do with the offense being banged up than anything.  Saints oline is a lot worse without Armstead, and several other guys playing hurt.  And teams finally figured out Saints have nobody at receiver after Thomas.  Combine those two factors was a recipe for disaster.  We got away with it for two games at home, but all the signs were there even then.  Brees was making tight window throws to rookies and UDFAs and you just can't depend on that every game.

Brees wasn't great either, especially against Dallas, but everything came together at once, it wasn't just Brees all of a sudden forgetting how to play QB.

The oline still had issues against the Steelers allowing pressure and killing drives with penalties.  But Ted Ginn returned and it was in the dome.  We'll see if this two weeks rest is what the Saints offense needed to return to form, or if their peak is over.

brees might not have blown the stats out of the water against the steelers but hot heck it was an impressive win, what he did all game was ruthlessly efficient work against not what i’d call a good defense, but one that plays with the hot hand when they’ve got the momentum... it was a real clutch, impressive win that doesn’t light up spreadsheets that just nudged him back in front for me

but mahomes is gonna get it

2 hours ago, Jlowe22 said:

The Brees fall off had more to do with the offense being banged up than anything.  Saints oline is a lot worse without Armstead, and several other guys playing hurt.  And teams finally figured out Saints have nobody at receiver after Thomas.  Combine those two factors was a recipe for disaster.  We got away with it for two games at home, but all the signs were there even then.  Brees was making tight window throws to rookies and UDFAs and you just can't depend on that every game.

Brees wasn't great either, especially against Dallas, but everything came together at once, it wasn't just Brees all of a sudden forgetting how to play QB.

The oline still had issues against the Steelers allowing pressure and killing drives with penalties.  But Ted Ginn returned and it was in the dome.  We'll see if this two weeks rest is what the Saints offense needed to return to form, or if their peak is over.

Sure you can blame it on the players around him but at this stage of his career Brees needs to carry the team, he's done that this year but he's largely been just been an efficent game manager the past month or so.

1 hour ago, MookieMonstah said:

I mean can we at least consider the fact that Brees has been doing this with Keith Kirkwood and TommyLee Lewis? I didn't know Keith Kirkwood was a human being until Brees threw a TD pass to him.

Those two players have a combined 15 catches. You may as well be saying that Mahomes is doing it with DeMarcus Robinson and Marcus Kemp.

7 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

Those two players have a combined 15 catches. You may as well be saying that Mahomes is doing it with DeMarcus Robinson and Marcus Kemp.

And Keith Kirkwood was his #2 WR for a good stretch of games. Brees is throwing to MT and Kamara and then a bunch of dudes who wouldn’t have made the Chiefs final roster.

Thomas and Kamara have double the receptions of every other pass catcher on that team combined. Thomas is the only dude who gets separation. I don’t know why Chiefs fans act like it’s not a valid point to bring up Mahomes FAR superior supporting cast.

Archived