Trade Deadline Rumors & Random Discussion

resilient part 2

6 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

Do the 6ers need Ariza and J. Green? 

Beal 

Fultz/Patton/ MIA 2021 1st rd Draft pick   

I think so. You're going to need better wing defenders and small ball 4s come playoff time, especially going up against the likes of Giannis and Kawhi.

And I don't think that specific trade is  enough to get Beal.

10 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

I think so. You're going to need better wing defenders and small ball 4s come playoff time, especially going up against the likes of Giannis and Kawhi.

And I don't think that specific trade is  enough to get Beal.

I agree with wing defenders to match Boston & Toronto possibly Mil...but I wouldn't make wholesale changes...they only have what 30 or so games to get things figured out...Ariza and J. Green are on their last legs iyam. 

It probably doesn't work with salaries that was off the top of the head. 

2 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

ESPN trade machine disagrees.

MtDOdBh.png

iXN5QXj.png

Splitting it into two trades to make it work financially is circumventing the rules and wouldn't be allowed.

Also, who are the 5 wizards you plan on cutting to make it work?

Just now, Utley said:

Splitting it into two trades to make it work financially is circumventing the rules and wouldn't be allowed.

Also, who are the 5 wizards you plan on cutting to make it work?

I thought teams have done that in the past, i.e. multiple transactions/separate trades, or am I misremebering?

As far as who to cut, that's easy:

Devin Robinson
John Jenkins
Jordan McCrae
Chasson Randle
Amir Johnson 

1 minute ago, RavensTillIDie said:

I thought teams have done that in the past, i.e. multiple transactions/separate trades, or am I misremebering?

Devin Robinson
John Jenkins
Jordan McCrae
Chasson Randle
Amir Johnson 

They have not.

2 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Devin Robinson
John Jenkins
Jordan McCrae
Chasson Randle
Amir Johnson 

And McRae and Robinson don't count towards the roster, so they'd still have to cut two more players.

Just now, RavensTillIDie said:

Well, if they cut them, can't they technically assign Korkmaz, Bolden and/or Smith to the G league? Which would allow them to meet the limit.

No. Those players are on two-way contracts. Assigning a guy to the g-league doesn't put them on a two-way contract. The players replacing them would have to be on the same type of contract.

41 minutes ago, Utley said:

No. Those players are on two-way contracts. Assigning a guy to the g-league doesn't put them on a two-way contract. The players replacing them would have to be on the same type of contract.

Ah, okay. I misunderstood how that worked. I guess you could buyout Chandler and Patton, as well?

Archived