20 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Utah receives:
Mike Conley

Memphis receives:
Derrick Favors
Ricky Rubio
Grayson Allen
Utah 2019 1st Round Pick (unprotected)

I doubt Utah would give up two nice expiring contracts, a good young player, and an unprotected first for a 31 yr old PG on a 2 yr/$66M deal.

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

I doubt Utah would give up two nice expiring contracts, a good young player, and an unprotected first for a 31 yr old PG on a 2 yr/$66M deal.

"Good" is a very strong word (read: incredibly incorrect) at this point to describe Grayson Allen.  The 1st, after acquiring Conley, would end up in the early 20s.

I mean, Utah would have to look in the mirror and ask if they could sign or trade for anyone as impactful as Conley in the next year.  I would bet a lot of money they can't.

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

"Good" is a very strong word (read: incredibly incorrect) at this point to describe Grayson Allen.  The 1st, after acquiring Conley, would end up in the early 20s.

I mean, Utah would have to look in the mirror and ask if they could sign or trade for anyone as impactful as Conley in the next year.  I would bet a lot of money they can't.

Utah is still trying to build a competitive team long-term. They've been linked to Tobias Harris regularly and will likely look to make moves with the future in mind. Conley's cap number and age make him a meh asset because he's not going to put them over the top but will limit a lot of their flexibility for the next two seasons.

On 2019-01-21 at 8:15 PM, seminoles1 said:

No one knows for sure, but consensus is that they want to end their obligation and have it convey for the 2019 draft. Their moves this season made it seem they were doing everything they could to make the playoffs and give the pick away this season, but they're now 4-19 over their last 23 and losing to bad teams even when mostly healthy so maybe they will consider a tear down. They have no shot at the playoffs, but unless Gasol or Conley asks for a trade (or Gasol tells them he's opting out and leaving this summer) then they won't do it.

I think the trades I came up with are fair for all teams involved and I'd be happy if they happened, especially now that I know next year's draft is worse than this year's. Just let Parsons rot unless he agrees to a buyout. Opens up the books completely after next season and gets more chances for young talent to grow with JJJ sooner.

I swear to God if the waive and stretch Parsons and/or make another win now trade...

It does seem bleak but the news today of them at least listening to offers for Gasol/Conely could lead to something. 

I really do like the idea of Detroit going for Conely. I wanna see that happen now. I think he helps that team dramatically.

21 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Utah is still trying to build a competitive team long-term. They've been linked to Tobias Harris regularly and will likely look to make moves with the future in mind. Conley's cap number and age make him a meh asset because he's not going to put them over the top but will limit a lot of their flexibility for the next two seasons.

True. If they have a real chance at Tobias, then he's definitely the better option.

I'm just a desperate Grizzlies fan. Don't judge me too harshly. 

17 minutes ago, kyle21121 said:

It does seem bleak but the news today of them at least listening to offers for Gasol/Conely could lead to something. 

I really do like the idea of Detroit going for Conely. I wanna see that happen now. I think he helps that team dramatically.

I was very happy to see the news today. Hopefully they can find some teams willing to make a solid trade offer. I hope the front office realizes that they aren't going to get great packages and don't holdout for amazing offers.

Lakers for Gasol (if he agrees to opt out, and throw in Mack since they are desperate for a PG) and Pistons for Conley makes a lot of sense.

If I am the Pistons I try to get Kemba first, but Conely would be solid.  We still would need more help on the wing, someone who can shoot hopefully.  Overall I would rather the Pistons just blow it up and trade Drummond and anything else that has any value.  I would move Blake too but they wont get much IMO for him.

New Orleans receives:
Mike Conley
JaMychal Green

Memphis recieves:
Markelle Fultz
Solomon Hill
Wesley Johnson
2019 New Orleans 2nd Round Pick

Philadelphia receives:
Nikola Mirotic
2019 New Orleans 1st Round Pick

Separate trade to get round the rules:

New Orleans receives:
Justin Holiday

Memphis receives:
Frank Jackson

10 minutes ago, Sllim Pickens said:

If I am the Pistons I try to get Kemba first, but Conely would be solid.  We still would need more help on the wing, someone who can shoot hopefully.  Overall I would rather the Pistons just blow it up and trade Drummond and anything else that has any value.  I would move Blake too but they wont get much IMO for him.

Kemba isn't being traded, and certainly not for anything Detroit can offer.  If you want more wing help then Memphis would also trade you Justin Holiday in a separate trade.

Blake has definitely earned back a lot of his value this season.  He's playing awesome, he's added a legit 3P shot, he's been healthy, and he's got 1 less year left on his deal.  If Detroit wanted to blow it up next season, they could.

On 1/21/2019 at 7:32 PM, NYRaider said:

Tony Jones of The Athletic (have no idea how reputable he is) said Utah is interested in Conley and Otto Porter.

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

Tony Jones of The Athletic (have no idea how reputable he is) said Utah is interested in Conley and Otto Porter.

I saw that as well. He also said that they're not desperate to make a move and that things would have to come together perfectly for Utah to move on a deal. 

54 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

If this one has been posted then delete/ignore.

Word is Hornets are interested in Drummond and the Pistons would like Batum and Monk in return.

Oh my God...

I do that in a ******* heartbeat if I'm Charlotte. If that's true from Detroit's side...oy.

Archived