Trade Deadline Rumors & Random Discussion

resilient part 2

Just now, champ11 said:

well they both def suck rn but they probably both suck in the future as well lol. but yeah presumably Vuc is gone so that's not the worst return 

i'd trust bamba quite a bit more than dsj to be good at some point. just from listening to interviews and making assumptions about their work ethic from that. he's still bad, but he's been usable lately. he still has like no idea what's going on, but you can see him progressing, just very slowly. dsj is also progressing from what i see on the box scores, but that could also just be his role now to create less and what not. or he's getting better. i don't think i'm getting to any point here. 

32 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

i'd trust bamba quite a bit more than dsj to be good at some point. just from listening to interviews and making assumptions about their work ethic from that. he's still bad, but he's been usable lately. he still has like no idea what's going on, but you can see him progressing, just very slowly. dsj is also progressing from what i see on the box scores, but that could also just be his role now to create less and what not. or he's getting better. i don't think i'm getting to any point here. 

yeah I think they are both guys that will take a couple years to be effective players. a lot of it is going to be situation for them. 

2 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

With how Vucevic is playing, Bamba does become more tradeable. I didn't consider him earlier and Dallas did like Bamba before the draft.

DSJ and Matthews for Bamba and Fournier? I just don't think Dallas wants to take on salary (though who does?).

They should trade Vuc and rebuild completely

9 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

They've been doing that for like 8 years.

Aside from the Ibaka/ Biyimbo year I guess. But vuc’s Timeline isn’t in line with the rebuild it’s going to take for them to get good again. Why trade their recent lotto pick instead of Vucci

47 minutes ago, amac said:

Aside from the Ibaka/ Biyimbo year I guess. But vuc’s Timeline isn’t in line with the rebuild it’s going to take for them to get good again. Why trade their recent lotto pick instead of Vucci

I mean they'd be getting a recent lotto pick back.

10 hours ago, amac said:

Are we sure Bamba and Isaac are even going to be NBA rotation level players? I get the thought process behind wanting to move Vuc...but like why just let a good player walk when you've had barely any over the last couple years? Who cares about a timeline - they don't have a good young core and aren't going to win a championship...and what else are they going to spend money on? 

If I were them, I'd try and re-sign Vuc as long as it was a reasonable deal....which I think it would be because very few teams will throw big money at a center. Have Bamba as the backup for now and then figure out who you want to move forward with between Gordon and Isaac. 

Archived