Trade Deadline Rumors & Random Discussion

resilient part 2

4 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Even if it only costs you Bender and a 2nd?

I mean for that price yeah, but *hot take alert* I wouldn't give up De'Anthony Melton for him...

We need a 3&D guy next to Booker, and Melton is already one of the best young guard defenders in basketball. If he ever gets a decent shot down...

DSJ doesn't fit in that well, though he does have a ton of potential to keep improving obviously. 

Can someone who watches the Mavs explain to me why the hell they are trying to trade DSJ? I get that statistically him and Luka have a negative net rating when on the court together and Rick Carlisle has had some issues with him, but from the old eyeball test, him and Luka have looked great together. And the team as a whole looked fantastic, at least prior to the corpse of Dirk returning to the lineup. Not sure I see the value in making this trade, as it appears unlikely they get fair value in return.

56 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Can someone who watches the Mavs explain to me why the hell they are trying to trade DSJ? I get that statistically him and Luka have a negative net rating when on the court together and Rick Carlisle has had some issues with him, but from the old eyeball test, him and Luka have looked great together. And the team as a whole looked fantastic, at least prior to the corpse of Dirk returning to the lineup. Not sure I see the value in making this trade, as it appears unlikely they get fair value in return.

I don't follow Dallas closely so this came out of the blue for me as well. Maybe Carlisle and the front office think Brunson is a better long-term fit next to Luka and want to use DSJ to help fill out the roster since they won't have a 1st rounder in this draft.

DSJ and Matthews for Gordon and Grant?

9 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

I don't follow Dallas closely so this came out of the blue for me as well. Maybe Carlisle and the front office think Brunson is a better long-term fit next to Luka and want to use DSJ to help fill out the roster since they won't have a 1st rounder in this draft.

DSJ and Matthews for Gordon and Grant?

I want DSJ and he would fit a massive need, but man losing Gordon would be a really, really tough pill to swallow.

1 hour ago, RavensTillIDie said:

He asked out. The DSJ/Rick Carlisle relationship is probably beyond repair, or if not it's pretty close to it, and he hasn't taken well to playing off the ball next to Luka. Not that there's any beef with those two, he's just not happy with his new role, which probably isn't unrelated to a fractured player/coach relationship. That and the coach is kind of a ****. 

6 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

if we trade gordon im legit not watching until i cave and watch again a few weeks later 

He’s on too good of a contract and playing too well to give up righ now for a player like DSJ I think

6 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

He’s on too good of a contract and playing too well to give up righ now for a player like DSJ I think

makes zero sense to include him in a deal for DSJ. if they wanna move isaac i'd be pissed, but i'd get it. but DSJ would have to be a part of a DAL package to get Isaac imo. us netting more value back i mean. 

1 minute ago, champ11 said:

Mo Bamba straight up for DSJ makes sense to me but I'm sure there is some reason why that wouldn't happen

i think mo bamba might suck, but yeah i'd be mad for a while if they did that. more sad than mad. would rather give them vuc tbh. 

9 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

i think mo bamba might suck, but yeah i'd be mad for a while if they did that. more sad than mad. would rather give them vuc tbh. 

well they both def suck rn but they probably both suck in the future as well lol. but yeah presumably Vuc is gone so that's not the worst return 

Archived