Trade Deadline Rumors & Random Discussion

resilient part 2

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

I'd rather have Monk and Bridges tbh. Huge Bridges fan.

That's fair but I'm just thinking Washington would want them or proven player and while Jaylen Brown hasn't become a star yet he has shown more glimpses of what he could be. While Bridges Maybe an up-and-coming player but has not yet had the opportunity to show what he can do

1 minute ago, resilient part 2 said:

That's fair but I'm just thinking Washington would want them or proven player and while Jaylen Brown hasn't become a star yet he has shown more glimpses of what he could be. While Bridges Maybe an up-and-coming player but has not yet had the opportunity to show what he can do

I'd rather put my eggs in two baskets than one tho. Monk is maddeningly inconsistent but shows major flashes and Bridges was, arguably, a top 3 prospect in last year's draft. I know I had him up near the top of the class.

56 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I'd rather put my eggs in two baskets than one tho. Monk is maddeningly inconsistent but shows major flashes and Bridges was, arguably, a top 3 prospect in last year's draft. I know I had him up near the top of the class.

Miles Bridges has the potential to be good but he wasn't a top 3 prospect in last years class. He was drafted where he should've been drafted, he was a late lottery talent. One benefit for Washington is that Monk has two years left on his rookie deal and Miles has three years left on his rookie deal. Over the next two seasons, you'd only be paying those two $17M. If you make the deal with Boston, Marcus Smart has 3 yr/$39M left on his deal and Jaylen Brown only has one year left on his rookie deal before he enters restricted free agency. 

If Washington thinks that they can make a playoff push in the immediate future than the Boston package makes more sense. If they're looking to rebuild with good young talent and clear up cap space then the Charlotte deal makes more sense. Personally I'd probably take the Hornets offer. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

Miles Bridges has the potential to be good but he wasn't a top 3 prospect in last years class. He was drafted where he should've been drafted, he was a late lottery talent. One benefit for Washington is that Monk has two years left on his rookie deal and Miles has three years left on his rookie deal. Over the next two seasons, you'd only be paying those two $17M. If you make the deal with Boston, Marcus Smart has 3 yr/$39M left on his deal and Jaylen Brown only has one year left on his rookie deal before he enters restricted free agency. 

If Washington thinks that they can make a playoff push in the immediate future than the Boston package makes more sense. If they're looking to rebuild with good young talent and clear up cap space then the Charlotte deal makes more sense. Personally I'd probably take the Hornets offer. 

Agree to disagree.

Archived