Trade Deadline Rumors & Random Discussion

resilient part 2

7 hours ago, ohiogenius said:

Cleveland Receives: Otto Porter Jr, Ian Mahinmi, Wash 1st (Top 8 protected)

Washington Receives: George Hill, J.R. Smith, Trevor Ariza

Phoenix Receives: Alec Burks, Salary filler from Was

Please explain how Cleveland ends up getting a 1st round pick? Otto Porter is good, he isn't a dude they're trying to salary dump.

44 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Please explain how Cleveland ends up getting a 1st round pick? Otto Porter is good, he isn't a dude they're trying to salary dump.

My logic was from reading some Wizards forum and people were describing the contract as an albatross. That OPJ was not living up to the max contract

Plus its 43 million dollars worth of expiring they are getting and its the off season where KD is going to be a FA.

If KD wasnt going to be a FA and they were just looking to move OPJ without Mahanmi, then yeah I dont think Cleveland could ask for a first. Basically it gives them one last chance to try to compete with Wall, Beal and Durant before blowing it up which doesnt seem to be something the Wizards want to do

3 hours ago, ohiogenius said:

My logic was from reading some Wizards forum and people were describing the contract as an albatross. That OPJ was not living up to the max contract

Plus its 43 million dollars worth of expiring they are getting and its the off season where KD is going to be a FA.

If KD wasnt going to be a FA and they were just looking to move OPJ without Mahanmi, then yeah I dont think Cleveland could ask for a first. Basically it gives them one last chance to try to compete with Wall, Beal and Durant before blowing it up which doesnt seem to be something the Wizards want to do

Wizards need to salary dump John Wall not Porter.  

2 minutes ago, MookieMonstah said:

Porters deal is fine on a good team. He's one of the best 3/D wings in the league.

He is a good shooter and OK defensively. It is also a lot harder to build a good team when you are paying Otto 27 million per year. Bob Covington is just as good and makes less than half of what Otto makes. 

11 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

He is a good shooter and OK defensively. It is also a lot harder to build a good team when you are paying Otto 27 million per year. Bob Covington is just as good and makes less than half of what Otto makes. 

You're correct that they should dump Porter, but Covington is far better than Porter as a defender.

39 minutes ago, Utley said:

You're correct that they should dump Porter, but Covington is far better than Porter as a defender.

Which supports just how egregious Porter's contract is. I saw Wall is set to sit out tonight for "personal" reasons. Hate to speculate on why that might be, but it wouldn't be the first time someone sat out unexpectedly, right before getting traded.

Knicks? Suns?

5 hours ago, ohiogenius said:

They still wouldn't be able to afford Durant. Besides, Washington couldn't even get a meeting with Durant 2 years ago...he's not even a pipe dream.

Washington isn't trading its lottery pick for a salary dump of Porter. If they did...

Archived