Trade Deadline Rumors & Random Discussion

resilient part 2

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

Well it'd be going to New Orleans, not LA.

Finding a 3rd team is the Lakers' only shot to get a deal done before the deadline.

Not sure New Orleans wants to make an AD deal before the deadline.  I think the only way that a deal gets done before the deadline is if the Pelicans are significantly higher on the Lakers' youngsters OR if AD threatens to sit out the rest of the season.

3 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Well it'd be going to New Orleans, not LA.

Finding a 3rd team is the Lakers' only shot to get a deal done before the deadline.

That’s what I meant.  NOP has no use for Lonzo unless they completely nuke the roster.

The lowest the Suns can fall is 4 spots so I’m going at least top-7 protected.  New lotto system is funky.

The Pistons have a trash roster.  Trying to look and see if a deal could work out to move Drummond (swap for Gordon Heyward or absolutely not happening jumping into the AD sweepstakes) and there just isn't a secondary piece that's worth anything to anyone.  No good expiring contracts, no underpaid vets that could help a team.  Just a bunch of bad contracts and crap talent other than Blake.

16 hours ago, DirtyDez said:

That’s what I meant.  NOP has no use for Lonzo unless they completely nuke the roster.

The lowest the Suns can fall is 4 spots so I’m going at least top-7 protected.  New lotto system is funky.

I feel like people here are giving Dell Demps the benefit of the doubt, they shouldn't, in terms of giving them Lonzo. Demps has to be gone after AD leaves. Outside of Anthony Davis he's been horrendous in the draft, and yes you get an F every time you trade your picks for players that wont help. Although, Noel and MCW are bad it doesn't dismiss how terrible he's been with trading away picks for garbage. They traded the one player they drafted who was any good. 

I'm surprised Demps still has a job today. tbh

I wonder if the Sixers would be down to do this trade:

Sixers Receive:
-Nikola Mirotic

Pelicans Receive:
-Markelle Fultz
-Zhaire Smith

With the Sixers in win-now mode, they get a great offensive option off the bench and shore up the 4 spot. Additionally, they take Fultz $8M off the books for the next 3 years and are left with Nikola's $12M expiring contract, which then allows them more room to re-sign Jimmy Butler.

Pelicans get the former #1 overall draft pick and potentially give him the reigns to the offense following the departure of AD. They also get a developmental player in Smith.

13 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Sixers Receive:
-Nikola Mirotic

Pelicans Receive:
-Markelle Fultz
-Zhaire Smith

With the Sixers in win-now mode, they get a great offensive option off the bench and shore up the 4 spot. Additionally, they take Fultz $8M off the books for the next 3 years and are left with Nikola's $12M expiring contract, which then allows them more room to re-sign Jimmy Butler.

Pelicans get the former #1 overall draft pick and potentially give him the reigns to the offense following the departure of AD. They also get a developmental player in Smith.

0.0% chance the Sixers would trade Zhaire Smith along with Fultz for Mirotic. None.

14 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Sixers Receive:
-Nikola Mirotic

Pelicans Receive:
-Markelle Fultz
-Zhaire Smith

The Sixers don’t need space to re-sign Butler.

7 hours ago, NYRaider said:

If it doesn’t work let Rozier walk during the offseason. 

So you trade last year's 1st and this year's 1st for a 3 month rental on a player who barely moves the needle.

That's a Washington Wizards/Memphis Grizzlies trade if I've ever seen one.

Okay, how about this trade (executed as two separate deals since Ariza has to be traded individually)?

Sixers Receive:
-Bradley Beal
-Trevor Ariza
-Jeff Green

Wizards Receive:
-Markelle Fultz
-Zhaire Smith
-Furkan Korkmaz
-Wilson Chandler
-Landry Shamet
-Justin Patton
-Jonah Bolden
-Amir Johnson
-2019 1st Round Pick (unprotected)
-2021 1st Round Pick
-2021 Heat 1st Round Pick

Simmons/McConnell
Beal/Redick
Butler/Brewer
Ariza/Green
Embiid/Muscala

Arguably the best team in the East. And the Wizards get to let Fultz run the offense for the remainder of the season and potentially try to trade Wall in the offseason as part of a complete rebuild around Fultz.

Archived