Trade Deadline Rumors & Random Discussion

resilient part 2

12 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

You're rebuilding, acquire young talent while you can. You guys are going to be bottom feeders for a few years regardless, let Jrue compete. 

That's not young talent, all those players are trash and on crappy contracts. And that's going to be a late 1st round pick. I definitely want Jrue to go to a competitive team, but I'm hoping the best two way guard in the league can at least net a late lottery pick (at minimum) or an actually promising young player.

Personally, I'd rather trade him to the Spurs:

Spurs Receive:
Jrue Holiday

Pelicans Receive:
Dejounte Murray
Pau Gasol
Dante Cunningham
The better of the Spurs and Raptors First Round Pick in 2019

15 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

That's not young talent, all those players are trash and on crappy contracts. And that's going to be a late 1st round pick. I definitely want Jrue to go to a competitive team, but I'm hoping the best two way guard in the league can at least net a late lottery pick (at minimum) or an actually promising young player.

Spurs Receive:
Jrue Holiday

Pelicans Receive:
Dejounte Murray
Pau Gasol
Dante Cunningham

I see no discernible difference in those 2 trades.

21 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Spurs Receive:
Jrue Holiday

Pelicans Receive:
Dejounte Murray
Pau Gasol
Dante Cunningham

Jrue is kind of a tough guy to value correctly.  I wonder if Utah would be interested in a Rubio and FRP plus filler package?

41 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

On crappy contracts? Allen and Bradley are on rookie contracts and Favors is on an expiring deal. Exum is only 23 and is on a 2 yr/$20M deal, wouldn't really call that a crappy contract either. 

18 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Jrue is kind of a tough guy to value correctly.  I wonder if Utah would be interested in a Rubio and FRP plus filler package?

Don't really see a difference between Favors/Rubio because both guys are on expiring deals. 

27 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

I see no discernible difference in those 2 trades.

He'd rather get Dejounte Murray and the 23rd pick than Dante Exum, Grayson Allen, Tony Bradley and the 24th pick. I'd argue that Favors > Gasol because at least Favors is on an expiring deal. 

I don't really see how you can value a guy like Murray and call Exum a crappy player. Exum has flashed elite defensive potential and is only a year older than Murray. 

Utah is intereted in Otto Porter and Washington is reportedly very interested in adding Derek Favors. Chicago is also trying to make a deal for Ricky Rubio. 

Utah receives

• Otto Porter

• Kris Dunn

• Robin Lopez

Washington receives

• Derek Favors

• Thabo Sefalosha 

Chicago receives

• Ricky Rubio

• Utah 2019 1st round pick

1 hour ago, resilient part 2 said:

This is NOT a trade, But wonder where D Jordan and Enes Kanter end up if they are bought out. Ideas gents???

I don't really see any playoff teams that have a huge need for either guy. Maybe San Antonio for DJ and Los Angeles for Kanter? 

Archived