Bruce Irvin Signs with Falcons

49erurtaza

20 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

but that wasnt the point of the signing, its him being salty as usual. it (likely) makes it better than what it was yesterday, which was the point of the signing.

34 minutes ago, Dome said:

Doesn’t make what he said any less true though

12 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

So in other words, you agree adding a mediocre guy that will only see the field as a situational player doesn't change much at this time for the struggling Falcons defense?

did you not see my post where I said it likely makes them better today than it did yesterday? its always a little of a guessing game but he prob makes them better, which answers your question. 

11 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

did you not see my post where I said it likely makes them better today than it did yesterday? its always a little of a guessing game but he prob makes them better, which answers your question. 

You’re missing the point entirely.... and now you’re only confirming the first post tyler made that you took offense to by admitting he “probably” makes the team better

youre literally proving his point for him 

6 minutes ago, Dome said:

You’re missing the point entirely.... and at this point you’re only confirming the first post tyler made by admitting he “probably” makes them better

my post seems to have gone over your head. these are actual people and you never know how they actually respond to new teams/coaches/schemes (despite the familiarity). Theres no 100% certainty, hence once i said probably. If that werent the case, we'd see every mid/high priced fa work out and make teams better, we both know that is far, far from the truth.

Also, while I don't expect Irvin to change the needle too much, you never know. My guess is that there could be several high-scoring playoff games where the deciding factor is what defense can make a single key stop. Irvin coming in as a rotational pass rusher and making a couple key sacks for his hometown team could be the difference.

ATL has some tough games coming up in the RS, though, so they'd have to get to the playoffs first.

21 minutes ago, GSUeagles14 said:

my post seems to have gone over your head. these are actual people and you never know how they actually respond to new teams/coaches/schemes (despite the familiarity). Theres no 100% certainty, hence once i said probably. If that werent the case, we'd see every mid/high priced fa work out and make teams better, we both know that is far, far from the truth.

Good lord xD

never mind

1 hour ago, Dome said:

You’re missing the point entirely.... and now you’re only confirming the first post tyler made that you took offense to by admitting he “probably” makes the team better

Lmao he does that ALOT. 

1 hour ago, jarren said:

The defense has played well over the last two games with the return of Grady Jarrett. The addition of Irvin and the return of Deion Jones next week will give them a big boost going foward.

they'll make a good push when Jones comes back. Keep that dude away from Kamara though. 

Archived