The Burbs Mafia is over! TOUCH MASSACRED EVERYONE

Dome

5 minutes ago, DingoLadd said:

Only stupid townies claim on N1, giving mafia info on N1 makes it easier for them to figure out who to target. They know now to not hit you or swag. 

Stupid townies are almost as bad as mafia. 

What info do they have really lmao

5 minutes ago, SwAg said:

Alright, suppose that your preferred media streaming services has all of those available on it.  Then you have a lovely or handsome (you do you, friend) companion with you to watch a movie.  You fire up the streaming service and receive notification that all three movies are marked as no longer available.  Of the following options, which would you choose:

Would you purchase another streaming site? 

Would you defy the inexplicable divine forces that are requiring you to only watch those three movies?  

Would you move right to the bedroom stage? 

Or, would you deal with the situation in another way, and then be sure to write a strongly worded letter to the streaming service?

You may choose all that apply.

I would do all of the above

1 hour ago, VikeManDan said:

We've got plenty of time haha. Has there been a D1 this long? I was expecting it to be tonight not tomorrow night.

Not sure exactly why but this reads really odd to me

1 hour ago, SwAg said:

Yeah.  I don’t know, if there are two he might just be hedging a fake claim because odds are a game this size would not utilize both.  Sigh, now I’m conflicted.

IMO you should have held on to that info a little longer. I do the same thing 

1 hour ago, SwAg said:

There are two.  I was wrong on that.  Hmmm

This reeks of the “whoops” moment from last game

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

Thats a pointless move. 

We have to lynch Orca at this point. 

You flipped on this stance a few times 

No vote.

Saving this for later 

1 hour ago, Pickle Rick said:

So you have the same character as the orca? 

Same thing here

So SwAg and Orca are both saying they're Ricky's friend? Am I interpreting that correctly?

I’d be interested in the time stamp between this and swags post about his character 

1 hour ago, The Orca said:

I'm Ricky's Friend. Not sure who the heck that is, but that is my character. Lynching me is very bad

I don't want to claim. You all make me claim. I'm not posting D1 anymore from here on out. 

“I’m taking my ball and going home”

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

@The Orca

Why are you obsessed with who is voting for you? What happened to your claim?

Him and pickle tend to think players who vote them are scum 

1 hour ago, SwAg said:

There are a lot of role variants that require being lynched, but I don’t know that I’d be concerned enough without some meta reasoning.

IMO if orca wanted to be lynched it would happen

2 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

I buy this. I think Rags would hang the out to dry. Possibly even bus them if the odds favored it. 

Agreed

2 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

Cause I tend to not read most of what they say.  Hurts my brain.

Don’t care for this response 

2 hours ago, SwAg said:

No.  Click on their profile page?

But I’ve been between Touch or Rag being the one yelling at Orca in their chat.  That’s why I initially gave them both an @ to weigh in on this situation, before I @ everyone that had yet to do so.

Lol go read the civilization game

You know how to scope profiles? 

UNT has been hiding. He is read up and not posting. 

I was read up as of 230ish and now. 

Its not what you are saying, its that you arent saying anything about anyone else that has me worried. Seems like you jumped onto the first train you could find and it felt nice and cozy. 

Last game you were much more paranoid. 

+1

2 hours ago, SwAg said:

Is this true? Other people?

Orca is definitely an out of the box type player. IMO the civilization game is a good indicator of how orca plays. The backdrop behind that game is there was not a single day that went by where he did not try to make some outlandish crazy *** play in that game. (It was also why I didn’t let anyone in chatty know who I was) 

UNT you going to be a **** to him too? Or is it only out of bounds when I do it?

There’s a difference between one post and 20 posts attempting to degrade an individual. It would behoove you to learn the difference, although you have a much better start to this game (thank you) 

2 hours ago, Nazgul said:

I've always hated the random votes people throw out. The constant changes, etc. are annoying to me. So, I tend not to vote early on any day.

To go back to my first post about having to work; I've played about 5ish games of Mafia now and in a couple of them I had been called out for being "inactive" because I didn't access the site / the mafia game during work. That was merely me trying to prevent those thoughts again. Everyone reads into everything too much here anyway, so believe me or don't - whatever.

I read the SwAg / Orca thing. The entire back-and-forth was dumb and made me lose brain-functionality. I feel like SwAgs superior thesaurus-brain confused Orca's brain and he was caught in an back-peddling loop where he didn't come off very good. But, I didn't necessarily get mafia vibes from either of them. I don't like Matts always trying to get quick runs on people. Always seems like he's trying to pull the rabbit out of the hat with those "Aha!" moments that never ever happen. 

If I had to pick from the few people that have posted - my suspicion would be on Whicker. He conveniently laid low during the SwAg beatdown of Orca, but perked back up after it was over. Kinda as if he was seeing where it was going to go instead of conducting his own train.

This is an oddly long post for you 

2 hours ago, The Orca said:

I think this is where I learned from being in a civ chat with Khodder. Talking things out with him (though it was hard to get a response), I figured its best to just lay out what I think and see what others think of it. If its too crazy, dumb, etc...just move on. Not going well this game imo though lol.

This reads as genuine to me (not at all alignment indicative but seems genuine) 

2 hours ago, James said:

The whicker side of it: His early play seemed like it was mostly just our meta memes and some other jokey day 1 stuff. Through that he might have been seeing if I would spook easily, since I have a tendency to do that early as mafia, and since I might have been emotionally compromised after my team's thursday night performance, but I could be wrong about that side of it.

The orca side: Logic and Orca is like the cliche line from old movies; "This town ain't big enough for the two of them". Orca can do well and figure things out but its rarely in a logically consistent way from game to game (or even within the same game). Lots of crackpot theories, the type that would implode after two questions.

Overall: This all probably gives us something useful once some people are gone, but for now I don't think there's anything worth going off of.

TL;dr circular logic to explain a whole lot of nothin

3 hours ago, SwAg said:

Would love to hear from @DingoLadd, @squire12, @Pickle Rick, @James, @bcb1213, @theuntouchable, @Nazgul and @Ragnarok so no one can conveniently abstain from our first major in-thread development :)

I chimed in earlier, did you miss that? 

3 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

You might as well get your (fake) claim out of the way now. The hole is to deep.

Too*

3 hours ago, James said:

Should I vote for you too?

Don’t like this. 

3 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

I know. That makes me want to commit seppku. 

I can't argue with this logic. 

I think UNT is hiding.

You’re allowed to be wrong. 

3 hours ago, SwAg said:

Sorry I ruin Mafia.  To be fair (to me), I take absolutely no responsibility, either respond better or at least consistently maintain a single poorly-conceived narrative.

You’re not ruining anything, just need some patience. 

3 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

You're only up for lynch because you're being scummy af. Instead of not posting D1 try not being scummy.

At this point I think it's acting scummy, then trying to back off like "my bad guys", just to try and hide in plain sight. I have the crappiest role in this game guaranteed, so I'm just going to tunnel you now until one of us dies.

PolishedAnimatedFowl-max-1mb.gif

IMO I think this is the most active I’ve seen you in a while. 

3 hours ago, VikeManDan said:

An Orca D1 lynch would make Matts and SwAg happy I'm sure. I can get behind an Orca or Whicker lynch.

So you want to lynch him to make matts and swag happy? 

3 hours ago, SwAg said:

Can everyone read this.

Orca is receiving votes.  He said he will not be lynched as scum regardless how much you all try.

It’s odd, but I don’t think damning 

3 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

We should lynch him to be safe

We still have time to chat and figures things out. Calm down. 

14 minutes ago, Whicker said:

Throws shade on me for my opening. Classic "low hanging fruit" as they say.

Low-key scummiest post of the game.

Interested in the reason why Orca train could lose steam.

Trying to find non game related reasons to lynch someone.

Worried about other roles.

Ties his questioning back to original read.

Then, he posts a bunch of stuff about the source material instead of the game. Easy to talk about. Easy to hide behind.

Agreed

Just now, The Orca said:

I would do all of the above

Alright, two more.  People say breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but there is a cultural tendency to treat breakfast as a means of incorporating unneeded amounts of sugar into our diets through pastries, donuts, etc.  Suppose you're a person who wants to get into shape, and your worst habit is the indulgence of that sugary breakfast.  You visit your neighbor who helps, who is a personal trainer and dietician, and he helps you devise a plan to get into shape.  You begin the plan and all is going well, but then you begin to have strange pains in your abdomen.  A lifetime of high sugar intake has caught up with you.  You're diagnosed with the dreaded sugarbrain syndrome, and it is expected to take your life in the next two years, but if you eat healthily and exercise you have a 15% chance of exceeding that mark.  Do you stay the course with your diet and exercise, or do you indulge in your guilty breakfast pleasure while you still can?

7 minutes ago, The Orca said:

@Whicker

Why move off me? 

Do you believe my claim?

Have you seen the falutiness of the push?

Why no James in your scum list now?

You are saying the things I expect Civ Orca to say and I believe that you truly believe in your style of play and what it accomplishes.

Archived