Random Ravens Thoughts: New Forum Edition

drd23

10 hours ago, Danand said:

Fortunately statistics and actual play is two very different things. You would know that if you watched games, not stat sheets and listened to Mike Lombardi

I watch every single game lol and I'm literally using tape of Flacco doing bad things to reinforce my point...what a horrible post! Moreover, you can also conclude that Flacco is a bottom 5 starting QB in the NFL looking at stats, too!

On 3/1/2018 at 11:45 AM, Darth Pees said:

I watch every single game lol and I'm literally using tape of Flacco doing bad things to reinforce my point...what a horrible post! Moreover, you can also conclude that Flacco is a bottom 5 starting QB in the NFL looking at stats, too!

This is too lulzy for me. Even with me being the biggest Flacco fan, this is still super lulzy. icon_lol.gif

lets just say he is not consistently good shall we. in like, not 16 games per year playing like the QB he can be and is paid for. after watching him all those years i'm still not sure what the issue is exactly, maybe he is just missing the drive to be the best at what he does. oh right, and his HC doesn't hold him accountable at all.

2 hours ago, DreamKid said:

@Darth Pees What's the word on why your boys in Seattle missed so hard on Alex Collins, seems like they're paying for it big time now.

So when Collins was in Seattle, he was pretty much just another guy in a shuffle of mediocre RB's - and he had fumbling issues. He started a few games in 2016 but overall didn't really impress. Then when camp rolled around this previous year they had Rawls and Lacy who were both showing better than Collins, as well as Prosise, Mike Davis, and Chris Carson.

I think it was simply a numbers thing there. I mean even for me, when he came here with Jeremy Langford, I thought it would be Langford, not Collins, who would stick around. Collins really just came into his own when he came here. Whether that's a credit to our coaches for maximizing his talent, or a fault of the Seahawks for completely whiffing, or both I have no idea.

Either way, I'm happy with how it worked out :D 

4 hours ago, berlin calling said:

lets just say he is not consistently good shall we. in like, not 16 games per year playing like the QB he can be and is paid for. after watching him all those years i'm still not sure what the issue is exactly, maybe he is just missing the drive to be the best at what he does. oh right, and his HC doesn't hold him accountable at all.

Flacco has been consistently "not good" in the regular season in every year except 2010 and 2014. That's two out of 10 years that he's been even remotely statistically good. We all know once the playoffs roll around things change, though. It was established that during the years we were making the playoffs that as long as we could carry Flacco to the playoffs, he would carry us once we got there. Now that method doesn't really work because of Flacco's cap hit and our inability to put together a viable offense around him, and his lackluster regular season play has really started hurting us.

11 minutes ago, Darth Pees said:

Either way, I'm happy with how it worked out :D 

Yea absolutely. Who would've thought they had two "Beast Mode"s, the Raiders got one and we got the other. :ph34r: 

Don't work yourself too hard with all that craziness coming out of Seattle Darth, I see you in the NFL gen dropping line after line. Even beating a couple Seahawk fans to the punch. Thanx for the info buddy.

• Like 1

One of Collins former Razorback teammates said in an interview, that Collins was the type of player in college that would rely on his athleticism and burst, but maybe wasn't the hardest worker. Not that he didn't want to work, it just wasn't that necessary. When asked why it was Collins suddenly broke out this year, his teammate replied, that Collins might have just figured out that he had to work hard, and if he did that he could become really good.

2 hours ago, Danand said:

One of Collins former Razorback teammates said in an interview, that Collins was the type of player in college that would rely on his athleticism and burst, but maybe wasn't the hardest worker. Not that he didn't want to work, it just wasn't that necessary. When asked why it was Collins suddenly broke out this year, his teammate replied, that Collins might have just figured out that he had to work hard, and if he did that he could become really good.

True. I’d rather not rely on that type of guy. It means, when he gets paid he’ll likely fall back on his previous habits. We’ve seen that type of story before all across the NFL.